SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Thanks for all of the responses on my camera situation. Unfortunately, we did not have any luck, but we did have one of the nicest people I have ever met try to help us out. When I went to the front desk to ask about any battery chargers that might be in the lost and found, I spoke with an employee named Sissy. She told me that she would bring her charger in the next day to see if it worked with my camera. When I checked with her the next day, not only had she looked at her charger, she went to the store and bought some universal cables to see if we could charge my camera on a computer. It didn't work, but I was so impressed with how thoughtful Sissy was. I will definitely write a very complimentary letter to her manager!

We've stayed at SoG a few times, and the only thing we have eaten there are the breakfast sandwiches by the buses, and the breakfast buffet a few times. We just ate there to save money, if we wanted to eat somewhere good, then we ate on property. Oh, and we had the sports bar thing one night. All the food is so-so. About what you'd expect for the price, I think. I do love how they have the little cafe by the buses, and the food is so cheap there!

I'm sorry your spaghetti was so horrible. Did you let them know? I can't really figure out why SoG doesn't try to revamp their restaurants a bit.

AFM, I finally called and got our suite booked. We chose a regular suite, since it doesn't look like my sister can make it next year. They did not have availability for the entire 2 weeks, so we got on the wait list, but it's only a few days. We have been talking about doing a split stay anyway, since we enjoyed it so much last time. I'm hoping we like the suite, I feel a bit nervous about it because we will have a 3 mo old (God willing, my pregnancies are pretty high risk) and I don't want the baby crying at night to disturb the older kids. I'm very excited about the trip, though!

I started a thread on FB to ask why they aren't doing something about the food service. You should all go there and chime in. They can pretend they don't know about the DIS, but they can't ignore their own fan page on FB! Maybe if enough people lay on the heat in social media, they will be forced to address it.:thumbsup2

I started a thread on FB to ask why they aren't doing something about the food service. You should all go there and chime in. They can pretend they don't know about the DIS, but they can't ignore their own fan page on FB! Maybe if enough people lay on the heat in social media, they will be forced to address it.:thumbsup2

We can hope. When I get home, I will do just that. And thanks for starting that thread.

Actually, there have been many comments about the food on the facebook page, but they continue to ignore it. There is always the one person who raves about the food. Maybe the food management only looks at the single positive comment and figures everything is fine.

I figure since it is a vacation destination, they don't have to depend on repeat customers for income. In addition, they are hoping for exactly the scenario of Jeruso. They have tired customers, make them wait a lifetime for the food, which adds frustration to tired, then by the time they get the horrible food back to the room, they are too tired to hike back to complain. It works for them. If someone does complain, they can say it is an isolated incident and were not aware of any other problems. Rinse and repeat.

I'm not sure how many times people can complain. We've been complaining after every trip.

Maybe they have a contract they're stuck with and can't get out of?

I went to SOG for the first time in 1999. Garden Gallery is the same today as it was back then. I would think the contract would be expired by now.

Given that it is the military,you never know. Some of those contracts last forever. And there's no accountability, either. I remember when dh was doing his pre-deployment training they put them in this remote concentration camp like setting on base, and the food was delivered by a civilian contractor. There were a lot of times they didn't bother to show up, and they all went without food. I'm sure that same contractor is still "providing" meals for the troops at that base. He told me that one day all he got to eat for the whole day were 5 chicken nuggets, because that's all they bothered to bring. A lot of those companies have someone in the contract office in their back pocket, so no matter how many complaints they get, they will still renew the contract.

We found it worked to bring as many snacks as possible and add a grocery run on our last trip. We only ended up having one meal at SOG that way. Kind of sad when microwave-made egg sandwiches are better than the restaurant food at your resort. I'll be honest, we don't even like the ice cream at SOG. I wish someone on the inside could enlighten folks as to why the food (and some of the food service) is so terrible.

We found it worked to bring as many snacks as possible and add a grocery run on our last trip. We only ended up having one meal at SOG that way. Kind of sad when microwave-made egg sandwiches are better than the restaurant food at your resort. I'll be honest, we don't even like the ice cream at SOG. I wish someone on the inside could enlighten folks as to why the food (and some of the food service) is so terrible.

same here with the ice cream. If and when we can find it open, the two times we've tried it it's been disgusting.

On the other hand, they're apparently not losing business. But I'd be much happier if they had a well run food court where we could grab food any time during the day. I don't need a sit down, disney has plenty. What I need at my resort is good food, quickly.

But I do encourage people to check out the golf food stand by the quiet pool. It's a bit hard to find, but they have really good items. I had a sausage sub last time that was to die for. Better than I've had up here at a sausage cart. DS I think had a hot dog, and dh and I both had beer (In a bottle, not stupid swill from at evergreens) I think they had a lot of other items.

On my way home...booooo. Am in mid south carolina right now. But we did have a good time, of course. Missed meeting up with buzzmom last night. But I know her and her family are having a great time. I will start my trip report in the next week.

Got back Saturday from our wonderful first stay at Shades!!!! I loved how close we were to the Poly! I am in a disney depression :(

On my way home...booooo. Am in mid south carolina right now. But we did have a good time, of course. Missed meeting up with buzzmom last night. But I know her and her family are having a great time. I will start my trip report in the next week.

Seems like you just left. I am sad for you. Why does vacay go by so so fast!!!:confused3:confused3:confused3

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo not so soon:eek:

I think vacations should be a mandatory 3 weeks (but should only cost 1week)

Hi all, I have another SOG question. My dh and I have four kids, so one or two of them will be sleeping at their grandparent's condo. If we decide to attend EMH would all four kids be able to come? I know you're supposed to show a room key, but do all of the kids have to have one?

Hi all, I have another SOG question. My dh and I have four kids, so one or two of them will be sleeping at their grandparent's condo. If we decide to attend EMH would all four kids be able to come? I know you're supposed to show a room key, but do all of the kids have to have one?

Unless they're under 3 they're supposed to each have a key. From what I've heard, cm's aren't checking key cards until you get in a ride line. I'm sure someone will correct that if I'm wrong. I guess all the kids could stay in the park with you, but you all won't be able to ride together if you only have 4 keys.

Unless they're under 3 they're supposed to each have a key. From what I've heard, cm's aren't checking key cards until you get in a ride line. I'm sure someone will correct that if I'm wrong. I guess all the kids could stay in the park with you, but you all won't be able to ride together if you only have 4 keys.

When we stayed at SOG, they gave us a special card for EMH, DH and I would usually ride together, but if he went on something alone, I handed it to him so he could go through the line. This was last April, so I don't know if they still do it that way or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter