SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

The new sports bar is called "Eagles Sports bar". It is kinda small with about 7-8 tables and a bar that seats 6. However, it has 8 TVs and you can see no matter where you sit, nice big TVs. Menu has pizza and sandwiches and a salad and sandwich case. Full bar. It is right across from ticket pickup/next to Made in the Shade gift shop.

We are staying at SOG in February. We are on the Red, white, and Salute package that includes breakfast and dinner. She also said something about it including drinks and gratuities. By drinks, does she mean we get the refillable SOG mugs?

I am just assuming, with any type of shuttle service, we will not get to U/S in a timely manner before park opening. I am hoping - since our only intention is to do the HP portion in both parks - we'll be able to do a large chunk of it in one day. Even if it means we'll be standing in line all day long... As much as I don't want to.

Another question... I will be in WDW in a few weeks... I was planning to stop at SoG to buy dd's ticket in person - does anyone know if I get an actual "hard ticket" with numbers on it, so I can enter it into MDE when I get home and do her FPs with it? I am assuming if I purchase it in person - I will have this ability? Thanks! I am just hoping to eliminate the whole "buy ticket in advance/wait for #s to be emailed to me" thing. :thumbsup2

D~

I believe that SOG gives Vouchers just like ITT's on base do and they have to be activated at the ticket booths at the parks/DTD The Voucher numbers can be entered like a ticket number and FP+ can be made.

We have always been given hard tickets - in person and ordering by mail through Shades.

I just wanted to do a quick update... I was in WDW in November - and I did do a quick run to SoG... I was able to request a hard ticket while I was there (explaining to the girl behind the counter of my intentions) - and when I got home, I was able to add the hard ticket into MDE and add dd's Magic Band to it... It worked perfectly and it was worth the 45 minute wait in line to get the ticket that morning, just to have it in hand.

Looking forward to our stay at SoG in January!!! :woohoo:

D~

I've looked through the thread but couldn't find an answer to this.

DH is DoD civilian employee, so we have stayed at SOG before. However, he does not want to go w/ us this time, can we still stay here w/o him or does he need to be there?

Also, I see we can also order tickets at discount rates, could we still do that without him going?

TIA

I've looked through the thread but couldn't find an answer to this.

DH is DoD civilian employee, so we have stayed at SOG before. However, he does not want to go w/ us this time, can we still stay here w/o him or does he need to be there?

Also, I see we can also order tickets at discount rates, could we still do that without him going?

TIA
DH and his ID would have to be with you to check in. As far as tickets go, you wouldn't be able to get on the property without an ID in order to pick them up. Does he work on/near a base with an ITT (ticket office)? If so he can purchase them there and send them with you.

We are staying at SOG in February. We are on the Red, white, and Salute package that includes breakfast and dinner. She also said something about it including drinks and gratuities. By drinks, does she mean we get the refillable SOG mugs?

It means coffee, juice or other beverage and you don't need to tip your server. No refillable mug.

Thinking of staying here January of 2017. Going to take my daughter to Disney for her 10th birthday.

I'm a Marine vet with an honorable discharge so January shouldn't be an issue. From the looks of it though, the rates at SoG for non active duty or retirees is slightly more than staying at a Disney all stars resort.

Does any one know if the rates fluctuate by how busy the season is, or do they stay the same all year round?

I found the category list for the rooms and it shows a category 3 being anywhere from $138-$239 a night.

I might add that her birthday is the 28th of January. This year's all star prices are $101-$134 a night.

SoG room rates do not fluctuate, although SoG does offer a few seasonal discounts. On the other hand, Disney rates fluctuate (value season, peak season, regular season, holiday season). Value season runs during the first 6 weeks or so of the year, and August through about the third week of September. I guess that explains why SoG offers access to vets in Jan and Sept. The other consideration is that SoG is considered a deluxe-like resort or a high-end moderate resort, so you are comparing apples and oranges. For Jan 28, the deluxe Disney Beach Club is $401 and the moderate Disney Port Orleans is $190 plus tax. (No tax at SoG). You can research the pros and cons of SoG vs Disney resorts. Hope this helps.

Shades of Green vs. a Disney Value is like grapes vs. watermelons. No comparison. I wouldn't stay at a value if you payed me. I can't access the prices right now, but I'm guessing a category 3 would be more like the $138 a night. $239 would be one of the suites. We just stayed this past weekend and O4 rate was $131 a night. Rates will probably go up Oct 1 but I can't imagine it will be much. If you go end of January, that is very low season. Book something now with Shades. All it will cost you is one night deposit, that you can get back 30 days before checkin if you decide not to go. Shades very often has incentives during low season. Keep an eye on things. Go to the website and look under the tab that says "special offers". Don't be put off if it says "new bookings only", I've never had them not apply a discount to a reservation I already had. I stayed late January 2 years ago, and got a package with free breakfast. I stayed in October 2 years ago, and rooms were 50% off. Remember the quoted rate is the rate; there is no tax so keep that in mind when comparing as well.

DH and I plan to go in fall of 2017 and stay for at least 2 weeks at SOG. You can't beat the price for what you get. We've stayed there 6 times over the last 17 years and can't imagine staying anywhere else, especially considering the cost. You cannot compare SOG to a "value" or "moderate" resort. It was built as a deluxe resort as the other two categories didn't exist then. We paid $138/night last month. DH is a retired O-6. The $239 is a suite. The prices do not fluctuate. They are set at the beginning of the fiscal year (Oct 1) and stay the same during the entire period. It is so relaxing there and I can't wait to go back.

Has anyone done a split stay with a WDW resort and SoG? How did you transfer luggage. We did one last fall, but had a car for our SoG portion, so no worries with luggage. If we don't get a car this time, what's the best way to get luggage transferred?

Has anyone done a split stay with a WDW resort and SoG? How did you transfer luggage. We did one last fall, but had a car for our SoG portion, so no worries with luggage. If we don't get a car this time, what's the best way to get luggage transferred?

I agree with pp, cab is the best way. WDW and SOG do not transfer luggage between them. SOG is not a WDW resort and has no connection, other than location. Using SOG and WDW buses would be too big a hassle and I'm not sure how they feel about luggage. What WDW resort will you be at? We took a cab from SOG to GF and it was about $5 (friend couldn't walk so we took a cab over and DH and I walked back, while friends did a cab)

I keep forgetting to ask... Does SoG have free in room/resort wifi? I sure hope so...

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter