• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Which rooms, if any, are close to the Poly walkway? We will be using that the most. :)

The Poly walkway is about a 15 minute walk from the SOG lobby. You have to walk down the driveway and cross the street to get to the Poly. It is a lovely walk, but if the Shady Shuttle (golf cart) is available, the bellhop will give you a ride to the end of the driveway.

Anyone know if future "unavailable" dates change often? I am looking at January 31 of 2017, which is the only date labeled unavailable. Does Shades usually block of a date so far in advance?

Thanks everyone!

Anyone know if future "unavailable" dates change often? I am looking at January 31 of 2017, which is the only date labeled unavailable. Does Shades usually block of a date so far in advance?

Thanks everyone!
Check back tomorrow. That date is further than 365 days out because of the leap year.

No worries.
I just checked the SOG website and it looks as though it is still $5.00 to park, and I hope it stays that way. We are heading down in July, and staying for 11 nights. If the parking fee had increased to $10.00 per day I was bracing myself for the $110.00 parking bill.:scared1:

My recent reservation confirmation says Self Parking: $5 per day, Valet Parking: $10 per day

I booked our October trip yesterday. Spooky Savings in October Special is available on standard rooms only on a first come first serve basis, starting at 30% off. Valid from October 12th - 18th & October 30th - November 2nd, 2016. Discount will be taken from applicable room rate. Subject to availability of discounted rate. Only part of my stay is at the discounted rate so I called in the reservations.

It has been along time since we have stayed at SOG and need some help with a few questions. How does setting up dinning reservation? I know they have magic bands but they aren't part of a SOG stay, how does that work. We will be staying at WLV for a couple days after and wondering if they will transfer our luggage? if there is any thing else that would be helpful please share.

It has been along time since we have stayed at SOG and need some help with a few questions. How does setting up dinning reservation? I know they have magic bands but they aren't part of a SOG stay, how does that work. We will be staying at WLV for a couple days after and wondering if they will transfer our luggage? if there is any thing else that would be helpful please share.
I believe you can call and make dinner reservations before your stay at WL. Maybe someone else can offer that info up. You will need to transfer your own bags. I find the best way to do that is to call a taxi when you check out. In case you don't remember, there is a nice walk you can take from SOG to the Polynesian if you want to hop on the monorail or eat at one of the monorail resorts. The PX has some Disney items and toiletries tax free for a bit cheaper than on property.
Have fun.

To make Disney Dinning reservations you can call 407-939-3463. However the most efficient way of dealing with Disney reservations is to create an account on https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/ to make all of your dinning and FP+ reservations. Your FP+ reservations can then be linked to your magic bands. I must point out that while Magic bands are very handy to have, (no digging for tickets, or wearing of lanyards), they are not necessary. Also if you have a smart phone, I would recommend downloading the My Disney Experience app prior to your trip, and you will have access to all
of your reservations, park times, wait times, etc.
SOG guests can make FP+ reservations 30 days prior. You will need to pre purchase your tickets through SOG, or through your local base.
As far as the luggage transfer, your best best would be to take a taxi to SOG.

Last edited:
Is the dining plan still not available for SoG? I do like the price range there, but I know I can get the military discount at other resorts as well. Just trying to decide on where to stay. Though I think DH will really love the extra room here. :P

I am wondering how successful people have been booking their Fast Passes at 30 days out rather than at the 60 days out that people staying at a "Disney Resort" get? Have you had a difficult time getting times/rides that you wanted? We have a trip planned for early December.

I am wondering how successful people have been booking their Fast Passes at 30 days out rather than at the 60 days out that people staying at a "Disney Resort" get? Have you had a difficult time getting times/rides that you wanted? We have a trip planned for early December.

Our FP+ experience at 30 days out was not too bad. We went in April 2015, and the parks were very busy, but we did manage to get all of FP that we wanted at acceptable times with the exception of Anna & Elsa M&G.
The hard part was coordinating the available FP+ times with ADR's that had been in place for 180 days. We did have to make adjustments, and because of this I am limiting ADR's for our July trip to avoid this headache.
If you are unable to get any must do FP, just keep trying until the day of; sometimes FP become available at the last second. Also, if you are 'early birds' RD works very well. If you plan on park hopping, make your FPs for the second park, and hit the first park at RD, and just ride standby.

Our FP+ experience at 30 days out was not too bad. We went in April 2015, and the parks were very busy, but we did manage to get all of FP that we wanted at acceptable times with the exception of Anna & Elsa M&G.
The hard part was coordinating the available FP+ times with ADR's that had been in place for 180 days. We did have to make adjustments, and because of this I am limiting ADR's for our July trip to avoid this headache.
If you are unable to get any must do FP, just keep trying until the day of; sometimes FP become available at the last second. Also, if you are 'early birds' RD works very well. If you plan on park hopping, make your FPs for the second park, and hit the first park at RD, and just ride standby.

Thanks so much. We are early risers and always take advantage of doing as much as we can before the parks get really full. Good to know that we should be able to schedule what we want with FP+ 30 days out.

Thanks so much. We are early risers and always take advantage of doing as much as we can before the parks get really full. Good to know that we should be able to schedule what we want with FP+ 30 days out.
We found that we had to book later fast passes, nothing early but... if we stopped at a kiosk in the park we were able to change them and get earlier times (but only that way).

For any of you who have recently booked, or are planning to book SOG for next year - there are 30% off room rates (for MOST dates) from Oct. 2016 through Jan. 2017. We are doing a split stay - part Poly, part SOG, and I was able to call this morning and save 30% by modifying my previously booked room rates. Just a heads up. All info is on the SOG website.

Happy Planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter