~~ Sew your Disney side Alli-son-son!! ~~ Allison's grad trip Jan 2016 ~~ Complete 2/22

Yeah made it back again. Looks like so much fun! Part of me thinks maybe I shouldn't read the Universal part of this report so as not to ruin it for myself since we've never been to Diagon Alley but thanks for keeping some of it in suspense. I think we may need to do some HP Movie Marathons again before our planned trip in June just so that we can really get a feel for how real it looks there. Our last trip was in 2012 and the kids were not into it as much then as they couldn't ride much of it. All I remember really is that I made our whole grip wait in line for the wand shop for about 45 minutes...and they never let me live that one down as it was a bit of a letdown. Sure watching the show and one kid in the group get picked for the wand ceremony was cute...but not for the 45 minutes we waited. We did love the theming of that area and we have had lunch at Three Broomsticks (I think) and we definitely tried the Butter Beer. It will be fun to go back again though, about 4 years later.

So sorry to read that you weren't able to try that little cafe at Shades of Green, but hopefully when you head back for the next trip it will be open.

Wow I missed a bunch of updates!

Glad to hear there wasn't a big deal with Allison's nail.

How awesome to be able to explore the park with friends!

Sorry - now that my schedule is a little crazy - I have more time to update on weekends vs. week days.

Not too much of a big deal - just painful for her the repeated times she bumped it (or I bumped it...) - but it was a relief once she was able to trim it.

It was really cool!!! So glad that many of our friends could join up with us. ::yes::

My oldest still has his frog from when we went in 2012. He never wanted to eat it.

First, I have to say I love Monica's Bag--is that a Lapu Lapu? I must go back in your reports and see if I can find details. I'm a minimalist, so I love the small size!

I have the Where's Mickey mini-hipster. Funny story, I bought it for my trip this past fall. We went with myself, DH, DS, BFF, and DS's GF. DS's GF is the sweetest thing, but a terrible traveler--ie terrible packer for travel. She didn't have a bag for the parks, so I ended up lending her my mini-hipster to her for the trip. I used my other tiny bag that I had with me!

Are there silks in that photo? All I see is a gorgeous man!

I have to hope their diligence is also due to them protecting the resort--there seemed to be some upgraded security around the parks lateley, which I have to wonder if it was because of some perceived threat?

Love the Night Bus and all your HP photos. Confession, I read the books to both my DS's starting back before there were movies. Older DS and I are probably the biggest fans, but I think I'm a bigger fan than he is. I've read the books and watched the movies multiple times. Hmmm, I wonder if I should sneak a day into my "maybe trip" to US?

Wish the weather had been a bit better for you on your trip, but looks like you had a great time! I am booked at POFQ for my "maybe trip". I will definitely seek out Santos--such a great guy to tour with you and show you around! I will say "hi" to him!

Hahahaha... No one here has eaten their frogs either - I suspect they won't. Well, maybe they will - but they might make me get them more in oct? :scratchin

Yes - I am still debating on the backpack for V... My issue is that it was on Ebay last week for $69 shipped... Of course - that one sold... So now there is only ONE available on there and it's $89 shipped. Do I cave and pay the $89 (which is still better than it was at WDW new - but I know it was at the outlet last summer/fall for much cheaper) since they are no longer for sale anywhere - including the outlet. Do I pay the $20 more? Or do I risk not getting it at all? GAH!!! I dunno??? I really want her to have the set as her carry on for our trip - and she would get sooo much use out of it otherwise... Help! LOL

Hahaha... I had issues seeing the silks myself. :scratchin

I am certain that is the reason they are so protective of the resort - there were many times though that I truly felt like a naughty child... Sigh - I know they are just trying to keep everyone safe, it's just sad that our world has come to this.

You should! We loved HP - I was kind of sad that we didn't have enough time for another day there... We had 2 more days on our tickets that we had to let expire - so it wouldn't have cost us anything - besides food - to do another day there. Oh well.

Please do say hi to him - he loves that... And give him hugs from his "MN girls". :D

I am so jealous of your HP experience. It is now a must do for our next trip. Haha. I went to Hogsmeade three years ago but I have been dying to go to Diagon Alley!
I think Allison should do a trip report so we can see some of her pics too!

It was awesome! I highly recommend it! Personally - we enjoyed Diagon Alley more... I sure hope they add on to these areas.

I wish she'd do a TR... She's had a Dis account here for years - but she hasn't logged in - well - in years either. LOL She's just not as into it as I am. I am sure many would enjoy the trip from her perspective though - including me. :scratchin I'll mention it - she might be interested?

Universal like amazing. Might hav to make my girls read the books some can go.

You should - it was a lot of fun! Reading the books and seeing the movies really adds to the experience... I wouldn't understand a thing had I not done both.

I would love to experience Cirque once. I think the show looks awesome! I noticed a lot of empty seats. Do you know if it's pretty common for the show to not sell out or do you think it has more to do with the time of year you were there?

Your Universal day looks like fun. One day I hope to be able to tear myself away from Disney to spend a few days there. I think I'll wait until my boys are a little older though. I'd like to start reading the Harry Potter series with them this summer so maybe when we read through all the books we'll consider a trip there. I'm sure you were glad to have Santos along; he was probably a great tour guide!

It was really cool. I have no idea if it's common for the show to sell out or not? I do know it was much more crowded by us, than it was in the "worse" seats.

It was a lot of fun! Yes - I think they'd enjoy it more if they were older, and at least old enough/tall enough to ride the rides. And definiitey reading the books and watching the movies before going is a must! Santos was a GREAT tour guide - we saw so much more with him there than we would have without him - I know it! It sounds like he wants to join V and I in October too - which would be awesome!

One other thing - Sorry!

I noticed in your pictures in the store where Allison purchased her wand it looks like shoe boxes on the walls. Do all those boxes have wands in them? If so, how on earth do you pick out a wand when there are so many to choose from? I'd be there all day. Also, what do you do with the wands?

No worries - LOL.

Yes - those are all wands... They are grouped together though - so there's really only maybe 25 different wands to choose from? :scratchin They are on display outside the boxes, so you know which wand you want... Then there are large groups of the same box color, and those are all the same wands - just many boxes of them. Make sense? Not sure I explained that right?

I loved the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We justmissed the opening of Diagon Alley when we were last there, but the theming of Hogsmeade was on point! I was excited to try Butterbeer. We got 1 frozen and one not. The unfrozen one was too sweet for us, but pouring the remainder into the half-finished frozen one turned out to be a huge win! I also got a Pumpkin Juice, just to try. I liked the Pumpkin Juice wayyyyy better than the Butterbeer.

Your daughter looks delighted with her wand! Excellent purchase!!

It was awesome! I loved Diagon Alley more than Hogsmeade - but both were perfectly on point! That is my ONE big regret - I forgot to try the Pumpkin Juice - it's on my must do list for October!

She had so much fun with it - but she didn't do much with it at first... I'll get to that though.

This picture says it all! Her eyes are sparkly and bright and not posed for the picture.

I am loving all of these updates! Kudos to Allison for doing the minor surgery herself on her fingernail -- ouch! I'm glad it felt better after that. I think it's so neat that you make friends with the CMs and that they remember you. :-) We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE POFQ and the beignets there -- I could really go for some of those right now. I am hoping we do Universal on one of our future trips....it looks amazing.

She loved every moment - I was so happy that I was able to do this for her. She's wanted to go for several trips. In a way though - I am glad we waited for both areas to be open - I think the experience was better that way.

Yah - I wouldn't have been able to do that - no way. LOL Yes, it was so much better after that night - no more complaints about it at all - except that it's ugly. LOL

Most times, they don't remember me - unless I continue our friendship on FB - which I have done with several CMs. But the others - I usually have to show pictures, and even then, I think they just tell me that they remember me to shut me up. LOL But that's OK.

Yup - Beignets are amazing!!!! Life is good when they are included in your day! :lovestruc

I love your trip report! We are huge Disney people too, but we do try to get to the dark side every couple of years. My kids love HP. I am now planning an October 2016 trip with my daughter. We are so excited for a girls only trip.

Thank you!!! I am glad you are enjoying it! I am having so much fun sharing it with everyone!

HP is awesome! I am kind of excited that V wants to go too - not excited for the extra $500 it adds to our trip budget... but definitely excited to experience it again!

Oooh - you should PM me your dates... We could plan a Dismeet if our dates match up. :)

I love the zip a few doo da mug. And I would love to see coordinating shirt. You .must have restraint not buying souvenirs because I would want it all

Yah - it's my new favorite... Not dishwasher safe though - which is a bummer. But I will live with it. Hehehee. You should be able to see the coordinating sweatshirt on the shop disney app - that's where I first saw these two items.

I do want it all... But after a while - it's just the same stuff, trip after trip... And I just wear the tees as pajamas - most of the time... And I prefer my own hand made customs/ears/bags - so it's pretty easy to pass most of it by. I have a hard time with the VB bags because I don't like to carry my own bags at home - but I do love to carry Disney bags - especially ones where they are Disney, but sort of hidden... we don't see many of the Disney VB bags here in our area - maybe once every month or two - I'll glimpse one, but they are pretty rare here.

I'm glad that you were able to get good seats but that is really a shame about the lights. It makes me feel as if our front row sets on the side weren't so bad after all, since we didn't have those lights in our eyes.

Did Allison enjoy the show?

I am a huge HP fan, too, so I would feel like Allison.

Good for you for conquering this ride. I've heard that this is one of the best rides. I get motion sick so I would probably chicken out.

My sister went to Universal and bought me a chocolate frog card. I got Dumbledore, too. We finally ate the chocolate frog about a year later and it was delicious.

Yah - if we were to ever do it again - I think I'd try for seats a little more off to the side, for that very reason.

Allison enjoyed the show - but like me, she did NOT enjoy the flashing lights all of the time.

Have you been to US yet?

This ride wasn't as motion sickening as some of the others... I will get to that issue later - believe me, I did have issues. :(

Glad to hear the chocolate is delicious - I am sometimes skeptical of theme park chocolate. LOL

Ok! I am all caught up! WOW! You did so many updates - but so much great stuff!

Yum your lunch at BOG sounds great! Glad you both enjoyed it and that the pre ordering worked out!

This looks really good. I am thinking about going here in July...

How nice! I love little magical moments like that!
That is too cute!

This is so cool! I never knew that MK had photo booths!

You guys got so lucky with the busses!

Oh my gosh! I have always wanted to experience this! Character Palooza has always looked like so much fun! The pictures came out great too!:thumbsup2

Oh wow, that CM was very rude! Sorry that happened to Allison...

BEAUTIFUL! That would be like a dream!

I don't blame you - I find ToT so scary! I always scream when I'm on it!

Your experience at 50's sounded like so much fun! The aunts there can be either a hit or miss- glad you guys were able to experience it with a very fun Aunt! Too bad about the picture though...

How cool is that! How nice you and Allison were abel to spend time with your friend, and buy some Vera Bradley off of her!

That is so cool that worked out! You and Allison really lucked out with all your meets this trip!

I think it is so cool that you and Allison did the 4 Park challenge! It looked like you two had a lot of fun - and you really accomplished a lot! Something I would definitely want to do one day! Does V want to do that during her trip as well?

I am in LOVE with that mug!!! Where did you get it?! I would love to try and get one in July!

Your hair looks great! Allison did a great job! You two are like twins!

The show sounded fun - sorry about the lights and stuff but it looked like it was very exciting.

I love all the pictures from Universal - makes me want to go there and check it out! They really did such a wonderful job creating Hogwarts there! I love all the pictures and I love the wand that Allison got. I think that is such a cute idea!

Looking forward to the rest of your updates!

Gonna do my best on replies here Alison... LOL When I quote you - the quotes you've quoted from me, don't show up - so sometimes i have to guess what you are replying about. LOL So, if I am way off on my replies sometimes - I apologize. :D

We really loved BOG - and it was a definite must do to order in advance... If this is somewhere V wants to eat for her trip - we will definitely order ahead then too.

The photo booths are a lot of fun - I kind of hope they put more in around WDW.

Once we figured out how to coordinate the SoG buses with the Disney transportation system - it was a breeze to get from A to B. The only unknown - always - was the Disney buses... A person just never knows when they are going to show up.

I think if I were to ride ToT again - I'd pass out. Gonna try to see if Cindy will join us again when I go with V - then she can ride with V. LOL

I know - our own private VB trunk show... It was so funny! And awesome!

Not sure if V wants to do the 4 park challenge? Probably. LOL I have NO intention of mentioning the Kitchen Sink to her at all though - I cannot do that one again! No way! To this day - I want to barf when I think of it.

I got the mug in the dump shop of Splash Mountain. They have a matching sweatshirt too.

Hahaha... We got that "Twins" comment from everyone through out our trip - it was kind of funny. I kept telling everyone that she was my mom. ;)

It was fun - the lights sucked, but the rest of it was amazing! If I were to go again - I think I'd try to sit more off to the side?

Universal was great... Definitely no Disney -but still great! I wish we would have had more time to explore the rest of the other park - oh well... We will do that on V's trip. One girl will get one park - the other girl will get the other - and I'll get both. It's fair. :scratchin

Updates will be few and far between, I think, over the next couple of weeks. BMTL arrive on Friday - and our lives will be consumed with them until they go home... But I'll do the best I can... I can usually find time in the mornings, if I don't have a lot of replies to do. :lovestruc

********************************************************************************************

Not sure I will get to any updates today - which I think is OK... There's a lot to read from this weekend. :lovestruc

All I have left to update for this TR is the remainder of our Universal day... Our last full park day... And our travel day. Believe it or not - I am almost done with this TR. Lickety Split... Then I can go back to hiding in the PTR section untl V's trip in October 2016. :lovestruc

D~

Catching up!
I love your chevron leggings.
I'm a huge fan of the macadamia nut pancakes. Not so much the tonga toast; but, I'm not a big banana person.

Jealous of your HP fun! We are holding off going until all of our kids are older. Unless we can get there without them some time. :)

Our trip is planned for October 14-18. Very short, but she has always wanted to do MNSSH. I am in the beginning planning stages. I want to make sure she gets in all of her favorites. The plan is to stay at POFQ as she says that is her "home" resort. I love the VB bags. I just ordered the Where's Mickey? (as a surprise) for my daughter to use as her luggage.

Diagonal Alley and the rest of Harry Potter land looks like fun even if I hate roller coasters. I have been to the film set outside London where the movies was made. It was really fun to see.

Gonna do my best on replies here Alison... LOL When I quote you - the quotes you've quoted from me, don't show up - so sometimes i have to guess what you are replying about. LOL So, if I am way off on my replies sometimes - I apologize. :D
LOL, that's partly my fault too! I am a big "quoter" on the DIS.:rotfl: I just get so excited reading about your trips D, they are just so much fun! :goodvibes
Once we figured out how to coordinate the SoG buses with the Disney transportation system - it was a breeze to get from A to B. The only unknown - always - was the Disney buses... A person just never knows when they are going to show up.
Did you hear about the new screens at some of the resorts that tell you when a bus for a specific park/DTD will arrive? I know only some of the resorts have them. Hopefully all the resorts will get them. I hear they are very accurate.
I got the mug in the dump shop of Splash Mountain. They have a matching sweatshirt too.
Ok great! Thanks! I will definitely keep my eye out for it! I find you don't always see Splash MTN merchandise, so I love when I hear there are some items being sold..
Universal was great... Definitely no Disney -but still great! I wish we would have had more time to explore the rest of the other park - oh well... We will do that on V's trip. One girl will get one park - the other girl will get the other - and I'll get both. It's fair. :scratchin
Yeah, I think that's great you'll be able to go back again! Do you think the girls will want to continue to do Universal every time you all go to Orlando?

I love the way Allison curled your hair. It looks super cute! Too bad about the seat jumpers. Is it bad that I giggle when I see them get caught?

That picture of you and Allison in front of the dragon is great. Too bad he wasn't breathing fire at that time. Would have made it even more great.

All the HP pictures are fabulous so far. Can't wait to see more!

Looks like you had an awesome time at HP. I have to admit I have never read the books or seen the movie. My daughter went last summer with my brother and his family. She had a blast!! Glad she got to experience it and I didn't have to do those rides. I am not a thrill rider. I left that part of me on a ride from Islands of Adventures MANY years ago.
Poor Santos stuck at the gate. I have to say SoG does take things seriously with who they let in and out. Which I completely understand.
Say it isn't so that this TR is almost done. I need to finish catching up. I move slow in my reading~ I don't want to miss anything.
Completely forgot to mention that if you are not into have another "kitchen sink" you can always get the mini one. IMG_1537.JPG we split lunch and tried our best to finish this. We were able to take home the bowl as a souvenir.

Hi! Boy, I missed a bunch of your report while I was gone! I've enjoyed catching up.

Bummer that it was so cold. We were lucky - we only had 2 cold days while we were there.

I am so happy your brother-in-law and his family are coming to see you again. How awesome that you'll get to see the new baby!

It sounds like your Harry Potter day was great! I am so glad Allison was able to do this. That will be something she remembers forever!

Yeah made it back again. Looks like so much fun! Part of me thinks maybe I shouldn't read the Universal part of this report so as not to ruin it for myself since we've never been to Diagon Alley but thanks for keeping some of it in suspense. I think we may need to do some HP Movie Marathons again before our planned trip in June just so that we can really get a feel for how real it looks there. Our last trip was in 2012 and the kids were not into it as much then as they couldn't ride much of it. All I remember really is that I made our whole grip wait in line for the wand shop for about 45 minutes...and they never let me live that one down as it was a bit of a letdown. Sure watching the show and one kid in the group get picked for the wand ceremony was cute...but not for the 45 minutes we waited. We did love the theming of that area and we have had lunch at Three Broomsticks (I think) and we definitely tried the Butter Beer. It will be fun to go back again though, about 4 years later.

So sorry to read that you weren't able to try that little cafe at Shades of Green, but hopefully when you head back for the next trip it will be open.

Yay!!! Always happy to see you here!

Hehehehe... That's up to you, if you don't want to read that part, I totally understand. But I think rereading the books and watching the movies before you go is always a good thing - just so it's fresh in your mind. It's a fun area - that's for sure, and a definite highlight of our trip.

I am sure it will be open then, hopefully Evergreens is too.

Catching up!
I love your chevron leggings.
I'm a huge fan of the macadamia nut pancakes. Not so much the tonga toast; but, I'm not a big banana person.

Jealous of your HP fun! We are holding off going until all of our kids are older. Unless we can get there without them some time.

Thanks!!! They were super baggy by the end of the day... I was planning to wear them again in October - but if I do, I will have to do some adjustments... They were almost embarrassing by the end of the night, and I was thankful for a long shirt. ;)

I know many people love it there, I am just not one of them... Although - I am thankful not to have to add another must-do to my list, I have enough of them already. LOL

I totally understand... I think it's definitely for the older kids. :thumbsup2

Our trip is planned for October 14-18. Very short, but she has always wanted to do MNSSH. I am in the beginning planning stages. I want to make sure she gets in all of her favorites. The plan is to stay at POFQ as she says that is her "home" resort. I love the VB bags. I just ordered the Where's Mickey? (as a surprise) for my daughter to use as her luggage.

Awesome! Which Where's Mickey did you order? That's "Victoria's pattern" too - and she loves it. :lovestruc

That will be a wonderful trip - love FQ!

Diagonal Alley and the rest of Harry Potter land looks like fun even if I hate roller coasters. I have been to the film set outside London where the movies was made. It was really fun to see.

Yah - it was awesome!!! EEeppp!!! I bet that was even more awesome!!!! Is it open for touring all the time? Or did you just get lucky?

LOL, that's partly my fault too! I am a big "quoter" on the DIS.:rotfl: I just get so excited reading about your trips D, they are just so much fun!

Did you hear about the new screens at some of the resorts that tell you when a bus for a specific park/DTD will arrive? I know only some of the resorts have them. Hopefully all the resorts will get them. I hear they are very accurate.

Ok great! Thanks! I will definitely keep my eye out for it! I find you don't always see Splash MTN merchandise, so I love when I hear there are some items being sold..

Yeah, I think that's great you'll be able to go back again! Do you think the girls will want to continue to do Universal every time you all go to Orlando?

No worries - I don't mind... I just wanted you to know, in case I ever replied to anything and you were like: "huh?" LOL I love having you here and I love how much it seems that you enjoy reading. :lovestruc

I did... Sadly - I've never really been at a resort that uses them. It will be a very nice feature if they ever implement the screens at the resorts and also the parks.

I know!!! SM merchandise is quite rare! I wish there was more of it! :scratchin

Hahahaha... Nope - not unless they are paying for ME to go with them. LOL I already told them that the next few trips are on THEM. LOL :scratchin Yah right... I'll never go again, if that's the case. Well, maybe with V?

I love the way Allison curled your hair. It looks super cute! Too bad about the seat jumpers. Is it bad that I giggle when I see them get caught?

That picture of you and Allison in front of the dragon is great. Too bad he wasn't breathing fire at that time. Would have made it even more great.

All the HP pictures are fabulous so far. Can't wait to see more!

Thanks! We actually forgot her curling iron at home, so she did it with the straightener. :thumbsup2

I was hoping to see them get caught. I don't think they ever did... As we were walking out in the crowd - we were complaining about them, and I noticed they were walking right in front of us. I hope they heard us.

I know!!! Right? We tried SO hard to see him do fire - and we never got to see it. We were so bummed!

Thanks!!! It was a blast!

Looks like you had an awesome time at HP. I have to admit I have never read the books or seen the movie. My daughter went last summer with my brother and his family. She had a blast!! Glad she got to experience it and I didn't have to do those rides. I am not a thrill rider. I left that part of me on a ride from Islands of Adventures MANY years ago.
Poor Santos stuck at the gate. I have to say SoG does take things seriously with who they let in and out. Which I completely understand.
Say it isn't so that this TR is almost done. I need to finish catching up. I move slow in my reading~ I don't want to miss anything.
Completely forgot to mention that if you are not into have another "kitchen sink" you can always get the mini one. View attachment 150247 we split lunch and tried our best to finish this. We were able to take home the bowl as a souvenir.

We did! It was great! I hope you do one day - it's an amazing series!

I don't blame you - I hate thrill rides too... I spent a few hours watching them on You Tube before I went, so I had some idea of what to expect. I knew I was going to try them, because I knew I would regret it if I didn't. I didn't expect to love them though. ::yes::

I know - LOL Poor guy... But he was pretty good and understanding about it. Most people are.

No worries - it will always be here for you to read. :thumbsup2 And if I see people reply in my alerts - I always try to come back to acknowledge them. :lovestruc

Yah - we did consider the mini Kitchen Sink... But in the end - we decided to go big or go home. LOL And I had NO room in my luggage - which truly was a factor when we were deciding.

Hi! Boy, I missed a bunch of your report while I was gone! I've enjoyed catching up.

Bummer that it was so cold. We were lucky - we only had 2 cold days while we were there.

I am so happy your brother-in-law and his family are coming to see you again. How awesome that you'll get to see the new baby!

It sounds like your Harry Potter day was great! I am so glad Allison was able to do this. That will be something she remembers forever!

I am so glad you had a good trip! You deserved one more than anyone I know! :woohoo: Are you thinking about writing a TR?

I know - we can barely contain ourselves right now! :eek: They arrive Friday evening... And it's all we can do not to meet them at the airport - but we know the kids will be exhausted and cranky after a long flight and parents probably will be too... So we will let them settle and be there bright n' early Saturday morning. ::yes::

It was an amazing experience - and I am so glad we got to do it. :D

***********************************************************************************************

Sorry everyone - no updates today... And I am certain there will be no updates tomorrow either. Maybe Thursday? Just trying to keep up with replies for now. :lovestruc

D~

Yah - it was awesome!!! EEeppp!!! I bet that was even more awesome!!!! Is it open for touring all the time? Or did you just get lucky?

It is open for touring all the time. So we didn't just get lucky. We ordered our ticket far in advance with bus from central London to the Studios and back to London again when the tour was over included in the tickets. It was well organized. You can take a look at this web site https://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/

OMGoodness!!! I am seriously so excited for Wizarding World NOW!!!! We are staying in a Universal resort, so we get early entrance!!!! We watched all 8 movies over the course of a month during the holidays and subsequent snow days. So, I am READY!!!!

It is open for touring all the time. So we didn't just get lucky. We ordered our ticket far in advance with bus from central London to the Studios and back to London again when the tour was over included in the tickets. It was well organized. You can take a look at this web site https://www.wbstudiotour.co.uk/

This is awesome!!! I am going to pass this on to Allison - just in case she makes it to London this summer! Thanks Lillian! :lovestruc

OMGoodness!!! I am seriously so excited for Wizarding World NOW!!!! We are staying in a Universal resort, so we get early entrance!!!! We watched all 8 movies over the course of a month during the holidays and subsequent snow days. So, I am READY!!!!

YES!!!! It's amazing! With early entrance - you won't have any problems seeing it all! :woohoo:

*********************************************************************************************

OK - hoping for more updates today... :woohoo:

D~

Day 7 Part 4

Immediately - upon arriving at Hogsmeade, we went straight to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey... Taking a few pictures along the way...

20160122_120341_HDR.jpg

20160122_120423_HDR.jpg

20160122_120426_HDR.jpg

20160122_120731.jpg

It looked like rain again - so we were happy to queue up... The queue for this ride is incredible in itself - even if you don't ride the ride, I recommend the queue. ::yes:: Our obligitory photos in front of Professor Severus Snape's Potions Classroom door... There are two of them - one Allison was brave enough to sneak off to - and the one I wasn't. LOL

20160122_121202.jpg

20160122_121248.jpg

And the rest of the queue...

20160122_121608.jpg

20160122_121727.jpg

20160122_121848.jpg

20160122_121938.jpg

20160122_121955.jpg

20160122_122347.jpg

20160122_122409.jpg

20160122_122516.jpg

20160122_122612.jpg

20160122_122655.jpg

To say I was terrified of this ride was an absolute understatement. From what I'd read online and seen on Youtube - between this ride and Escape from Gringotts - this was the ride that would do me in. I don't like dark rides at all - and I HATE going upside down... But I was determined to go out of my comfort zone and experience these worlds as much as possible.

In the end - we wound up riding it twice in a row... About 1 minute into the ride - our ride vehicle stopped and the whole ride stopped - so we were able to walk off and ask for a reride - which we got right back on. This ride wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be - it does tip you back quite far, but during that portion of the ride (It happens 3x) - you are more on your back than you are upside down. The issue I had, was my motion sickness... I could feel it coming on after the first ride - but I decided to fight it and go for a second ride - because I really wanted to experience the whole thing in it's entirety with out the glitch. It's a phenomenal ride and if you can handle the motion sickness part - even once, I highly recommend it! :woohoo:

We walked off of the ride -and it was POURING RAIN! We donned our phonchos, and headed out into Hogsmeade... To find cover.

20160122_124941.jpg

20160122_124951.jpg

Yah - we were done in this area... We decided to ride the train back to Diagon Alley, then do some of the other rides in Univeral Studios proper. We waited for the rain to let up a little bit - then we were on our way.

First up - The Simpsons ride...

20160122_132300_HDR.jpg

I was really cold after the rain - so it was at this point that Santos - who was wearing 2 sweatshirts today, for this very reason, LOL - handed his top sweatshirt off to me... So, to those of you who were wondering about my Roll Tide pride... I really don't have any - I just wanted to be warm. Santos explained to me what Roll Tide meant - and what I had to do if anyone said that to me... :scratchin Go Twins! :woohoo:

20160122_132313.jpg

20160122_132509_HDR.jpg

20160122_132515_HDR.jpg

Oooh boy - Now I was really starting to get sick... Universal has A LOT of motion rides - and I was really feeling it. I told Santos that we need to ride things that are a little more tame for a while.

So, we went to E.T. - this was a cool ride - brought me back to my own childhood. I can't even remember how many times my Dad would take me to the drive-in in our town to see this... It was my favorite movie for sure!

Another favorite - Back to the Future... No ride - just the photo in front of the Delorian.

20160122_134533_HDR.jpg

Then me being silly with Woodie the Woodpecker... Another of my favorite childhood cartoons...

20160122_140242.jpg

Then it was on to Transformers...

20160122_140939.jpg

20160122_141131.jpg

Ah - yes - this is where I nearly lost my cookies... Yup - D~ was DONE! I had to close my eyes for this entire ride... I was very sick coming off of it. I think it's the whole "3D glasses/ride thing" that US has going on? :scratchin

It was at this point - I told Santos and Allison, I need to go in search of water... I needed something - and I needed a break to settle my stomach. So, we found water in one of the shops, and continued to walk for a bit. Allison and Santos decided to ride The Mummy - I found a park bench and hung out on FB for a while. They rode it twice... I would have been happier if they rode it 4 or 5 more times. LOL I needed a break.

Link to Day 7 Part 5

D~​

Last edited:
Day 7 Part 5

Yup - It's official - I was sick...

Allison wanted to head back to Diagon Alley to play with her wand. I found this to be an EXCELLENT idea! :woohoo: It would keep me off of the rides for a while - and she would get some use out of her expensive wand we'd been carrying around all day.

So, it was time for Allison so learn some spells... We found a dark alley for her to practice in... And a knowledgeable wizard to help her out.

20160122_152647.jpg

20160122_152700.jpg

20160122_152805.jpg

20160122_152906.jpg

20160122_153004.jpg

20160122_153035.jpg

20160122_153255.jpg

It was at this point - we decided that we wanted to try some Ice cream from Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour... We decided that we all wanted waffle cones, so Allison ordered the Strawberry Peanut Butter, Santos ordered the Butterbeer and I had 2 flavors... On the bottom was the Clotted Cream and on top (the one I wasn't sure of - and the girl said they'd change it out if I didn't like it) was the Lavender/Earl Gray... I really enjoyed both of them - to be honest. They were both very different - but I really wanted to try flavors that I could never have anywhere else in the world. I think my favorite was the clotted cream though - it was just like frozen Greek yogurt. If I were to order again - I'd order the exact same thing. Everyone was very happy with their selections.

20160122_154249.jpg

Then we did more spells...

20160122_155018.jpg

It was time for one last ride on Escape from Gringotts... But I think we may have done 2 rides? I am almost certain of it - because at this point in the day - it was walk on. I loved this ride, and since I was feeling better - I wanted to have one last chance to ride it.

20160122_160442.jpg

20160122_160517.jpg

20160122_160720_HDR.jpg

20160122_161041.jpg

Then a few more spells...

20160122_165453.jpg

This one was so funny... We were trying to get the fountain to "spit", Allison stood there forever - trying to get it to work. Finally after walking away, a wizard came up to Allison and explained to here, the spell wasn't to make the fountain spit - it was to make the water fountain work... The Wizard then told her - that she had done the spell correctly several times while standing there. LOL It wasn't until the next day - when looking at my pictures - I discovered that I even had pictures of Allison with the WORKING water fountain. LOL So, yup - she had done that spell correctly.

20160122_165835.jpg

20160122_173612.jpg

Santos decided to take Allison's wand box and all of our bags back to the car, while we rode the train over to Hogsmeade... On our way to the train - Allison and I stopped for a butterbeer.... I think it may have been the frozen one this time? We shared it and it was good. I know - in the end - Allison preferred the regular butterbeer over the frozen.

So, we hopped the train to Hogsmeade and met up with Santos over there.

20160122_174450.jpg

20160122_174600_HDR.jpg

Allison wanted to do some spells on that side - so we did that for a while...

20160122_174920.jpg

20160122_175029.jpg

20160122_175228.jpg

20160122_175726.jpg

20160122_175751.jpg

It was time for dinner - so we stopped into the 3 Broomsticks for the roasted chicken/ribs combo with potatoes. I ordered the new butterbeer custard to share here too - since someone had told me that they were different in both parks. They were exactly the same. Had I known - I probably wouldn't have ordered it again.

20160122_180111.jpg

20160122_180126.jpg

20160122_181245.jpg

Since my belly was full and finally settled again - we decided to ride The Forbidden Journey one last time...

IMG_7611.jpg

Where we captured the most EPIC photo of all!!!!! It was so epic that I splurged and purchased it!

1601398_65492025.jpg

I didn't lose my cookies this time and I enjoyed this last ride very much.

When we exited the ride - the park was closed and it was time to leave... I took a few pictures as we were walking out enjoying all of the lights and the atmosphere as much as I could.

20160122_190419.jpg

20160122_190517.jpg

Ahhh... It was too bad this park was closed - Allison and I were really enjoying the Dr. Seuss portion - we would have loved to had been able to spend some time here. It's on my list for V's trip next time.

20160122_191035.jpg

So, there you have it folks... Our Universal Harry Potter day! It was EPIC and AWESOME! I highly recommend it to everyone.

Santos brought us back to the resort... It was fantastic and awesome to have him with us this day - I don't think we would have accomplished nearly as much without him! He was a wonderful tour guide/photographer/friend/sweatshirt provider/chauffeur/errand runner! He is looking forward to going with V and I in October too.

Link to Day 8 Part 1

D~​

Last edited:
Awesome! I still need to make it over to Universal one day. So I was amused to see a WDW poncho in one of your pictures (on a random person in the background). And tell Santos he needs a new sweatshirt...Roll Tide will just not do...tell him he needs a GEAUX TIGERS shirt...especially since he works sometimes at POFQ...just saying! :)

Lynn

Yay! So happy with all the quality HP time, especially since it allowed you to recover. (Sorry about your motion sickness!)

I would have picked the same flavors as you at Florean Fortescue's. A. Earl Grey ice cream is one of my favorite flavors (there is a shop here in Seattle that makes it), but Lavender/Earl Grey sounds amazing! B. Clotted Cream is something I miss from England, so I would definitely try that as well! It cracks me up when servers automatically tell you they will swap out a flavor if you decide you don't like it. It tells me that it happens...often! I once ordered a Nutella, brie and basil panini that was on the menu at a local coffee shop. The barista who brought it to me told me I could swap it out if I didn't like it and even waited for me to take a bite. I enjoyed it, but apparently was one of a rare few who did.

Santos seems like an incredible person and I am glad you two got to hang out with him!

As soon as you said you were feeling motion sickness then went to Simpsons, I knew you were a goner. We rode Simpsons 2 times in a row. First time, I was okish. Second time was miserable. Your trip looks like it was so much fun. Can't wait to see what you and V do while there.

The water fountain spell was funny. What made it funnier was that you had a picture.

Looks like you had a good time at Universal Studios. After reading your report from the park I'm sure I'm it will never be worth the money for me to go there because I hate roller coasters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter