~~ Sew your Disney side Alli-son-son!! ~~ Allison's grad trip Jan 2016 ~~ Complete 2/22

Thanks for sharing your trip. Interested in SOG but I'm traveling with my grandkids and they have never been to WDW. It's between SOG and Pop Century. Which one would you recommend?

Well, considering that I've never stayed in a value resort, I am not sure I could give an honest opinion on that. But I can give a comparison between a moderate resort and SoG... Hands down, I'd go for SoG... Much, much bigger rooms... Their new pool and splash pad is quite awesome... Now that Evergreens is back up and running to full capacity - food there is awesome, not to mention the fact that they have the only resort Starbucks on property (tax free too)... For me, SoG is a winner every time. Don't get me wrong, we very much enjoyed our French Quarter stays very much, but SoG is a deluxe resort at a value resort price... So, it's like comparing apples to oranges. ::yes:: If you qualify to stay at SoG, I would definitely consider it a front runner and tax free across the entire property - that is a huge savings too. :lovestruc

Good luck - I hope you have a great trip, whatever you decide. :lovestruc

D~

Well, considering that I've never stayed in a value resort, I am not sure I could give an honest opinion on that. But I can give a comparison between a moderate resort and SoG... Hands down, I'd go for SoG... Much, much bigger rooms... Their new pool and splash pad is quite awesome... Now that Evergreens is back up and running to full capacity - food there is awesome, not to mention the fact that they have the only resort Starbucks on property (tax free too)... For me, SoG is a winner every time. Don't get me wrong, we very much enjoyed our French Quarter stays very much, but SoG is a deluxe resort at a value resort price... So, it's like comparing apples to oranges. ::yes:: If you qualify to stay at SoG, I would definitely consider it a front runner and tax free across the entire property - that is a huge savings too. :lovestruc

Good luck - I hope you have a great trip, whatever you decide. :lovestruc

D~
I have only stayed at moderate and I was leaning towards SOG for October 2017 trip. My son served in Marines and I will be going with his family and his 2 young kids Starbuck's on property ...I'm sold!

I just found your TR and binge read it. I'm planning to do a mother/daughter trip with my DD when she is 12 so it was really fun to read!

I sympathize with your DD's nail. I ripped my middle finger nail right off (with acrylics) a week before our last trip. It was the worst pain I've ever felt and yes bumping it after is worse than the initial rip! I finally cut it down like your DD did and it took a good 3-4 months to grow back. I was so mad I couldn't get my cute Disney nails done before we left. I mean I could've but I didn't want 9 nails done. lol I should've asked if I could get a discount...........:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!