September/October 2013 check in

But....you're living life. And what's money anyway if you don't enjoy life?

So true. We do have a rule in our house, no living with what if's We just do.

We are very funny, we talk about doing things like this for ages and then one day we just go. DO IT. It always feels strange for 24 hours, like an impulse buy. It wears off. We get a lot of joy out of traveling with the kids and we love it as well. I promise guilt will be gone when I wake up tomorrow.

Absolutely. This year, all we've had is constant reminders that life is too short. Just. do. it. And enjoy!

Here's to a guilt-free morning after. :teeth:

Absolutely. This year, all we've had is constant reminders that life is too short. Just. do. it. And enjoy!

Too true! We have decided to live for the present as you have no idea what is around the corner (as shown by the recent passing of our friend, at a much too young age :( )

And impulse holidays are THE BEST! :yay:

Condolences about your friend Kristin.

Thanks PIO. It is his wife and 2 kids who are now coming with us on our holiday - a holiday to DL that they had planned to do together, but never got the chance (they were going to go last October, but he was diagnosed with cancer in Feb and passed away 2 months ago). I think it will be a rather bittersweet holiday for them, for that reason. But I will try to make it packed with as much fun as I can!

And this is why we have splashed out and booked GCH. My friend needs some of life's luxuries right now! :)

But enough - this is a FUN thread! :yay::cool1::yay::cool1::banana:

I have looked at the Super Shuttle for transfers in San Fran - anyone had any experience using them?

And has anyone booked a limo service (thinking of this for GCH to LAX)? Is there a particular company I should be looking at?

Thanks PIO. It is his wife and 2 kids who are now coming with us on our holiday - a holiday to DL that they had planned to do together, but never got the chance (they were going to go last October, but he was diagnosed with cancer in Feb and passed away 2 months ago). I think it will be a rather bittersweet holiday for them, for that reason. But I will try to make it packed with as much fun as I can!

And this is why we have splashed out and booked GCH. My friend needs some of life's luxuries right now! :)

But enough - this is a FUN thread! :yay::cool1::yay::cool1::banana:

I have looked at the Super Shuttle for transfers in San Fran - anyone had any experience using them?

And has anyone booked a limo service (thinking of this for GCH to LAX)? Is there a particular company I should be looking at?

I booked a limo through Super Shuttle on our last trip. Price was good. No complaints.

I booked a limo through Super Shuttle on our last trip. Price was good. No complaints.

Where did you use them? Anaheim to LAX? Can I ask the approx price you paid? Also, I'm not sure a standard limo will fit all of us, so we probably need a van or SUV (which to me defeats the whole reason for hiring a limo! I want something that looks the part! :rotfl:)

areweindisneyyet said:
Qantas sale to good to refuse.

So my Easter 2014 trip is now September 2013.

We leave on the 7th. and return on the 29th

We are taking the girls who will be 13 and 11. DD1 will turn 14 on the flight home. They have no idea and we wont be telling them until atleast the week before we go. They are missing 9 school days and I just dont care.

So
IOA
WDW at POFQ
Cape Canaveral
3 night Disney Dream cruise
Washington DC
New York

Very very excited.

AWIDY congrats on the booking! Your itinerary looks fab. Love that you're not going to tell the girls until 1 week before. At least you won't have to talk in code.

Had a look at your dates on another thread and your stay at POFQ will overlap with ours. I'll have to keep an eye out for you.

Where did you use them? Anaheim to LAX? Can I ask the approx price you paid? Also, I'm not sure a standard limo will fit all of us, so we probably need a van or SUV (which to me defeats the whole reason for hiring a limo! I want something that looks the part! :rotfl:)

I want to say $165 from LAX to DLH. There was six of us with 8 bags and a set of golf clubs by this stage. Will find my notes to be sure.

Ahem, areweindisneyyet, don't you need to update your sig?! :cool1::banana::yay:

Yep, on tomorrows list

AWIDY congrats on the booking! Your itinerary looks fab. Love that you're not going to tell the girls until 1 week before. At least you won't have to talk in code.

Had a look at your dates on another thread and your stay at POFQ will overlap with ours. I'll have to keep an eye out for you.

Thanks Minniemum. We will indeed. Working on 8th to 18th at this stage.

areweindisneyyet said:

We are taking the girls who will be 13 and 11. DD1 will turn 14 on the flight home. They have no idea and we wont be telling them until atleast the week before we go. They are missing 9 school days and I just dont care.

So
IOA
WDW at POFQ
Cape Canaveral
Washington DC
New York

Very very excited.

Sounds great!
My son is missing 8 days of school and I don't care either. 2 weeks isn't heaps in he bigger scheme of things. Plus travel teaches them things they could never learn in a classroom.

Just a heads up. According to the latest Mousesavers letter, there is speculation that WDW ticket prices might go up at the start of April this year in line with the introduction of Magic+. Of course we don't know this for sure, but I think I'll buy my tickets soon just in case.

Apparently, last year, tickets went up in June and Disney only gave people 36hrs notice. It would be just my luck that that 36hrs was one when I was busy with other things and I'd miss the message.

Anyway, thought I'd just mention this incase anyone's interested.

So
IOA
WDW at POFQ
Cape Canaveral
Washington DC
New York

Very very excited.

Sounds like a great trip.

Don't stress too much about school. My kids are missing over 3.5 weeks and the experience that they'll get from this holiday will far outweigh what they could be doing in the classroom (speaking also as a teacher who works at the school where they go). Plus it's not as if they won't be practising the skills that are taught at school on holiday, think of the opportunity for using their literacy skills and it will be purposeful learning too...can't beat that.

Geez, I go MIA for a couple of days and miss flight bookings, trip changes and a ll sorts of fun stuff! That'll teach me!

On the topic of Vegas airport transfers, do taxis have to have car seats in Vegas? I haven't even started looking at them yet so have no idea what we will do. Kids are 2,4 and 6 - suggestions?

Oh, please do, I am very interested. What sort of limo was it (ie stretch, van, SUV, etc)?

Booked with Prime time shuttle

Lax to DLH in luxury limo for 6pax. $125 and I also added a $50 prepaid tip so $175

Way back had SUV which was meant to be bigger but felt smaller for 6 pax

$110 plus a $45 tip

This was Dec 2011

Geez, I go MIA for a couple of days and miss flight bookings, trip changes and a ll sorts of fun stuff! That'll teach me!

On the topic of Vegas airport transfers, do taxis have to have car seats in Vegas? I haven't even started looking at them yet so have no idea what we will do. Kids are 2,4 and 6 - suggestions?

Life is fast... :rotfl::rotfl:

So overthe guilt today. Full steam ahead. Shall update this evening.

So true. We do have a rule in our house, no living with what if's We just do.

We are very funny, we talk about doing things like this for ages and then one day we just go. DO IT. It always feels strange for 24 hours, like an impulse buy. It wears off. We get a lot of joy out of traveling with the kids and we love it as well. I promise guilt will be gone when I wake up tomorrow.

You sound like us..and yaay-how exciting. I love it when a trip suddenly jumps closer than expected for whatever reason!

In July 2011 we used a Zippy shuttle from Hojo's to Hollywood Orchid suites (behind Hollywood and Highland shopping centre)-only 3 of us but it was a minivan that would have fitted at least 6 or 7. Cost us $87. Not sure what they would have charged for more passengers. He was late (can't remember now - 30 mins or maybe 40mins) which fretted us a bit but it wasn't like we had a plane to catch. He was highly apologetic as he got held up through huge delays picking up his previous fare from the airport-(something like they were 2 hrs late) still that's a negative in that you are dependent on their previous bookings. On the plus side he drove very well and sensibly (compared to a Supershuttle trip I have done many years earlier which was a white knuckle affair) and we felt very safe travelling with him and he knew the way to the tricky entrance to the hotel and was helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter