September/October 2013 check in

Congrats. I will update your details in the roll call when you have them :)

Thanks. I'll let you know once I've got it sorted.

Yay! I love the look of the Beach Club. You've stayed there before haven't you?

Yes, I have. DH and DS quite like it there. And we all love the proximity to Epcot.

I know there are different viewpoints here and that everyone has their own favourite resorts...but we really love StormAlong Bay. We found it was great to head out early and then back to SAB for an afternoon swim before heading out again for the evening.

For me, the only thing wrong with the BCV is that most of the rooms don't really have a good view.

PrincessInOz said:

Yes, I have. DH and DS quite like it there. And we all love the proximity to Epcot.

I know there are different viewpoints here and that everyone has their own favourite resorts...but we really love StormAlong Bay. We found it was great to head out early and then back to SAB for an afternoon swim before heading out again for the evening.

For me, the only thing wrong with the BCV is that most of the rooms don't really have a good view.

Beach Club is one resort I've always wanted to stay at. Ever since my first visit to WDW it's really appealed to me. Out of our price range though I'm afraid :(

I've always wanted to stay here too. The pricing is expensive but I think if I ever go back I have to give myself at least a couple of days at BC, it looks so pretty.

Congrats on another trip to plan.

Beach Club is one resort I've always wanted to stay at. Ever since my first visit to WDW it's really appealed to me. Out of our price range though I'm afraid :(

I've always wanted to stay here too. The pricing is expensive but I think if I ever go back I have to give myself at least a couple of days at BC, it looks so pretty.

Congrats on another trip to plan.

DVC rental. And I'm renting off a Dis Friend; which was one reason why I was happy to go back here.

hrmm. dvc rental. i might have to consider that for our 2014 trip. the retail rates for the locations we want are just obscene in may/june.

Has anyone found cheap flights yet? I know it's early to be looking, but just seeing what everyone else is finding,

I haven't started looking at flights yet. Still need to work out my departure date and arrival home date before I can do that.

I'm the other way around, I'll let the sale prices determine which days I'll fly in and out.

I remember those days.....before children!

That's what I am trying to get my head around!! I think I have to move our holiday around by a week to fit in with DD's dancing competitions, which means I will have fixed travel dates. I am used to the flexibility of letting cheaper fares determine when we travel.

I'm the other way around, I'll let the sale prices determine which days I'll fly in and out.

I'm envious for two reasons

1) I'm restricted to traveling in and around school holidays when sales are rare to non-existent.
2) I admire the patience of you and everyone else on here to sit and wait for the sales to be released. When it comes to buying most things in my life I'm really good at resisting temptation and either saying 'No' or waiting for a special. But when it comes to travel, it's like I have this crazy alter-ego living inside of me who just can't wait to start booking things. :rolleyes1

:goodvibes

Same here. If money wasn't an issue, the Beach Club would be my top choice. Mainly because I'd love to be able to walk into the World Showcase for dinner each night.

I'm waiting for the sales. But we are kinda stuck with the dates because of the wedding. We at taking the kids out of school for two weeks, which makes me want to cry - thinking of the fees we still have to pay!!! This is an unexpected, budget trip so we are saving money wherever we can.

Same here. If money wasn't an issue, the Beach Club would be my top choice. Mainly because I'd love to be able to walk into the World Showcase for dinner each night.

Ditto ditto. In my dream, we could stay in a Two-bedroom at BCV with a Disney dining plan and then go into EPCOT to dine at a different restaurant each night.:lovestruc Oh yes, and in that dream, I could travel in October again so that we could swim at Stormalong Bay instead of being limited to going in the December/January school holidays (as we'd want to be away from NZ for over two weeks). However, sadly though, I fairly positive that it will always remain a dream and not reality.....

i would also love to stay at Beach Club. it just seems so lovely :)

i have to wait for the sales re airfares, as i have a very strict budget set by my sister (who is saving for a deposit on her house), carlo's brother (who thought $5k pp for the trip was expensive. when i explained that airfares (on sale) were $1200 of that, he almost had a heart attack) and by the fact that we have to save up double the amount in a short space of time... if a sale was on today, i'd jump on it, but alas those promo fares usually don't get released until the march/april/may mark for our september/oct dates :(

right now flights for our dates are sitting around 1200 each way bne - lax, so 2400 return not including the usa domestic flights, which are sitting around $480 pp return... and that is just for regular ol' sardine tin economy :(

alicia1506 said:

i have to wait for the sales re airfares, as i have a very strict budget set by my sister (who is saving for a deposit on her house), carlo's brother (who thought $5k pp for the trip was expensive. when i explained that airfares (on sale) were $1200 of that, he almost had a heart attack) and by the fact that we have to save up double the amount in a short space of time... if a sale was on today, i'd jump on it, but alas those promo fares usually don't get released until the march/april/may mark for our september/oct dates :(

right now flights for our dates are sitting around 1200 each way bne - lax, so 2400 return not including the usa domestic flights, which are sitting around $480 pp return... and that is just for regular ol' sardine tin economy :(

It's certainly hard trying to explain the cost of travel to people who haven't done any research of their own. I think if you can do the trip for 5k each you're doing well.

I'm assuming your quoting Australian dollars? In which case 2400 return is horrendous. I paid approx AU$1500 per adult. While the AKL - LAX flight might go on special, I think the LAX - AKL flight will only continue to increase in price due to being in school holidays. I'm thinking that IF and when a saving does come up for my flights it'll be fairly minimal. At least that's what I'm hoping.

The MCO to LAX flight I just booked was $NZ 215 p/p (AU$170). I thought that was pretty good. Plus the timing of the flight was perfect for our needs. Another good thing was that American Airlines quoted me in NZ dollars, so I didn't pay any conversion fees on the credit card. Was really happy about that. Although we still have to pay for luggage which will be another US $25 each.

I'm waiting for Virgin America to release their LAX - MCO flights as I'm expecting them to cost about the same. Only they look like a much nice airline than AA which admittedly looks like a big flying bus.

Off topic, I got my Amazon order yesterday. I only ordered it last Friday, so was impressed by the speed of service. Anyway, will need to begin my Harry Potter extravaganza this weekend. I hope I love them as I have a whole 8 movies to get through :-)

The prices i am quoting are in aud for international and usd for us domestic.

We usually fly southwest for the cheap fares but decided to go delta this time around as a. I can earn velocity points with them, b. They depart from the same termunal at lax that vaustralia fly into (less hassle for connecting flights) and c. They have direct flights at the times i need them to work in with the rest of our itinerary. too bad their prices are approx 480 pp return for the lax - mco - lax leg of our trip. As long as they dont screw around with flight times and delays, i will be perfectly happy :)

Enjoy your hp movie watching :)

alicia1506 said:

So it's usually March for the specials? For some reason I was thinking January for some reason. Now I'll have to wait an extra few months :(

Still hunting the airfares..........sept wont be released till mid dec jan i think....so just patiently waiting.

Have decided to stay 8 nits boardwalk 1 bedroom.......using our dvc ppoints....havent stayed there before so whould be good...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter