September/October 2013 check in

australiankaren said:
No havent yet, i told myself no booking till april...fat chance re that..i'll be lucky to last to jan 1..i just want it done....:confused3

I will wait til april re flights but i need to get the cruise deposit happening. i am waiting to hear back on a finance application as i would like to book my cruise in the next 2-3 days :) at the moment they are doing 10%deposit only + obc if you book before dec 16 but i need to lock in my prices and rooms asap. I have a feeling we will end up with guarantee room allocation as they are quite limited on stateroom numbers... Hoping for a possibility of a free upgrade :)

my trip.

so had a chat to DH re flights, and convinced him that delta economy comfort for $1200 pp would be better than ANZ PE for $3200 pp.....saving 4K...which would pay for 1 cruise and the 4 days at universal....so hes now on board:thumbsup2

all i have to do is drug him for the entire flight but make sure hes ok enough to stagger thru customs and then onto the connecting delta flight to orlando...for this leg i will spring for first class..poor boy will need the pampering by then....

so my budget is as follows (aprox)
syd-lax $2500
lax-mco $2000
WDW- Annual pass from this year $0
Disney food $500
DVC accom 6 nights $0
2 nights pop $200
cruise x 2 $6000 (14 nights)
car hire 7 days $250
car hire 4 days $150
ust accom royal pacific 4 nights $800
ust tickets $400
ust food $400
lax hotel 1 night $100
travel insurance $150
2 x new passports $600

$14500 for 2 people ...30 days
this includes
airfares
8 nights WDW, 1 bedroom villa @ boardwalk, tickets & food
14 day cruise RCCL (B2B) junior suite
11 days car hire
4 nights on site @ universal studios with tickets, food
passports and travel insurance

so i think for $7250 pp thats pretty good ish:thumbsup2

havent included
AP discounts for WDW food and pop
discounts for car hire & airfare, UST accom and tickets
:rolleyes1 any chance you want to do a swap I'll happily pay for your trip if you pay for my trip I'll even do a swap on the one we just had :rotfl:

Yes i think that is a pretty good price range :)

We are doing 2.5 weeks, 4 adults, just on $20k for everything but spending money. But we are going a little budget in places :) so for us it is $5k pp plus spending. $7250 pp plus spending for 30 days is pretty awesome :)

Oh, please add me!

Me, DH and DS (aged 6, but will be turning 7 during our holiday) - going to Disneyland probably from 20 September til 4 October. My son's birthday is on the 3rd of October so we have booked a couple of character meals for that day.

No flights booked yet, because they aren't on special yet; hope they are on special soon as the waiting is killing me! (We will also be going to Denver, as DH used to live there and we are fans of the Broncos in the NFL, and Las Vegas).

This will be our 2nd trip to DL as a family, tho DH and myself have been many times previously.

Never been to Disney World, but we plan to go there in 2015 (our plan is a US/ Disney trip every 2 years).

Kristin5 said:
Oh, please add me!

Me, DH and DS (aged 6, but will be turning 7 during our holiday) - going to Disneyland probably from 20 September til 4 October. My son's birthday is on the 3rd of October so we have booked a couple of character meals for that day.

No flights booked yet, because they aren't on special yet; hope they are on special soon as the waiting is killing me! (We will also be going to Denver, as DH used to live there and we are fans of the Broncos in the NFL, and Las Vegas).

This will be our 2nd trip to DL as a family, tho DH and myself have been many times previously.

Never been to Disney World, but we plan to go there in 2015 (our plan is a US/ Disney trip every 2 years).

Welcome Kristin. It sounds like it's going to be a great trip.

My son will also be holding a birthday (6th) while we're in America and we've decided to make it a double birthday. One on the day he turns 6 in NZ and one on the day he turns 6 in America. Not often you have an excuse to have 2 birthdays in one year. just can't wait to see how excited he's going to be

alicia1506 said:
I will wait til april re flights

That's two people who have just said they're waiting for April. Is there something about the month of April and Airfares that I don't know about?

I just don't think I could wait that long before I booked and paid for anything. I think I'd go crazy. Either that, or I'd change my mind half a dozen times, I wouldn't save hard enough and we'd probably end up going to a country closer to home instead.
Now that most of my flights are booked, my cruise deposit is paid, and my travel insurance is sorted, I'm committed and well past the point of no return.

Yay! So excited!
9 1/2 months just doesn't seem that far away when I've been dreaming of taking my son to Disney pretty much since he was born.

Welcome Kristen! My boys will be 6,4 and 2 when we go and we are doing Vegas and Disneyland too. We are also going to the US for a 'big trip' in 2015 when we hope to do WDW, DL and a Disney cruise :)

Kristin5 said:
Oh, please add me!

Done :) welcome :)

My husband and I are cruising 10/26/13 on the Fantasy for our anniversary!! We are very excited !! :)

lol. i just wait for the promo fares to come out.. approx $550 - $600 each way, so only approx $1200 return. right now, vaustralia is showing $1200 each way for our dates, so i prefer to wait until approx 5 mths before..

just put down the deposit on our 2 x 7a guarantee staterooms, plus transfers plus overnight accom at mco hyatt :) we're officially going on this cruise :)

alicia1506 said:
lol. i just wait for the promo fares to come out.. approx $550 - $600 each way, so only approx $1200 return. right now, vaustralia is showing $1200 each way for our dates, so i prefer to wait until approx 5 mths before..

just put down the deposit on our 2 x 7a guarantee staterooms, plus transfers plus overnight accom at mco hyatt :) we're officially going on this cruise :)

Yay Alicia. We will have to catch up for lunch or breakfast one day onboard.
I see you settled on a verandah room. Cool, good for you! Did they work out quite a bit cheaper being guarantee?

$1200 each way is horrendous. Does that include the domestic US flight? $1200 return meanwhile is a great deal. I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

HMac914 said:
My husband and I are cruising 10/26/13 on the Fantasy for our anniversary!! We are very excited !! :)

Welcome HMac914. I understand your excitement. The Fantasy looks like a beautiful ship.

its exciting when you book your cruise..i love looking up the cruise site and seeing the resi....

2013 is shaping up to be awesome...now just release the damn cheap sept fares and I'll be a happy camper.....

australiankaren said:
its exciting when you book your cruise..i love looking up the cruise site and seeing the resi....

2013 is shaping up to be awesome...now just release the damn cheap sept fares and I'll be a happy camper.....

Ditto! Once I have them locked in, the money is gone and there's no turning back! Being the most expensive part of our trip by far, I want it done and dusted.

So i got an email from the TA this morning. Rhe deposit i paid was for our cancelled disneyland trip not the current cruise. His email was along the lines of 'i assume you want this on your cruise deposit? If so, reply and confirm'

Omg. Lol. I just hope that i dont lose my ressie and my rooms :(

Gty status is different to igt/ogt/vgt status. With gty status you pay the deposit now only and the total price is based on what your category would have cost if you had got your room allocation then. There is a small risk that your staterooms may be separate, on different levels etc or you may be upgraded. You find out your room # usually when you get your cruise docs.

If you book igt/ogt/vgt rates they are cheaper but have to be fully prepaid and are not cancellable or refundable. You dont usually find out room #s til a few weeks before sailing :(

becpee said:
I read up to page 100 of the first book, I found it very nothing :duck:

Maybe I should have read further...

My favourite is the goblet of fire and one scene reminds me so much of a scene in the Beowulf poem! Seamus Heaney does a bilingual edition of it - I've read it in English and the original old/middle English.

I've booked into the BCV. 2- 9 October.

Now I just need to work out when I'm leaving Oz and when I'm coming home. Need to find out the school schedule for next year! Hopefully I'll have that sorted by the end of this week or next.

PrincessInOz said:

Now I just need to work out when I'm leaving Oz and when I'm coming home. Need to find out the school schedule for next year! Hopefully I'll have that sorted by the end of this week or next.

Congrats. I will update your details in the roll call when you have them :)

PrincessInOz said:

Yay! I love the look of the Beach Club. You've stayed there before haven't you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter