• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September Heat....Can you take it?

I've been to Disney in the summer and spring, but this will be my first time going in the fall. Are the thunderstorms similar to the ones in the summer? 10 minutes of downpouring and then sunny again? I'm trying to figure out how much of my plans will get delayed by rain and the weather for the last week of Sept. isn't coming up yet.

Heading to WDW next weekend for park hopping 9/14 - 9/17. Just got the 1st day forecast and it is consistent with the past few weeks; 90-95F and 10000% humidity. It does look like rain, so maybe the clouds will dampen some of the beating sun.

I live in South Carolina and we deal with the same heat most of the time. I can imagine the shock for anyone north of the Mason-Dixon this time of year. So those of you that go this month, can you beat the heat? Do you think the cloud cover dampens the heat? Fellow Southerners...is it just like "home" for you?

Not only can I take it, I prefer it. It makes my afternoon pool breaks that much better. Unfortunately, my mom and brother despise the September heat and have informed me they will never go during that month again.

We're from NH and we'll be heading down Sept 25th - Oct 3rd. I've bought a cooling towel, misting bottle w/fan, and a drinking bottle that will mist as well. I bought a 32oz hydroflask to keep supplied with ice water. My kids (dd 6, ds 2) have mostly moisture wicking clothing. I'm concerned about the heat & humidity, but figure we'll just deal with it as best as we can.

We've had very hot & humid weather this year. It's been in the 90's with high humidity the better part of the last week. The last time my husband and I went was the week before Halloween in 2006 and the weather was great.

We went the middle of August, we are from Maryland. I could not stand it. I was miserable. I went in June last year which wasn't terrible so I thought it would be similar. Nope. I'll never go in August again. Admittedly I am miserable in any extreme temperature.

I'm from the UK and will be arriving at WDW on saturday! Can't wait to get to some warm weather! We had a week of heat back in July and it now feels so cold to me that I've had to put the heating on (normally I wouldn't dare until at least October). I'm used to working outside all day in 111 degree heat so I love it and the humidity is a nice blanket on top. Heading a week later than last year and staying for longer so I'm slightly worried by those who said they needed a long sleeved top :scared:

We are here now and yes, it is super muggy. More so than I expected it to be ... and we were in Cancun in early August and had thought THAT was muggy. However, we were also just sitting by the pool most of the day ... not walking miles upon miles to get from show to ride to show to ride. Today, we were at AK and it was quite humid where pretty much everyone is just glistening (or more) from sweat. However, we were able to go to Kali River Rapids three times in a row, between 3-3:45 pm. Lucky me, I was in the "wet seat" all three times. Believe me, I cooled down! After that, my two older girls were able to walk on EE for two rides (and they had already ridden twice that morning, before 10 am, with a five-minute wait each time). Everyone was told to just go thru the FP+ line b/c the Standby time was posted as 0 minutes! So, yes, it is muggy but it is not "awful" or "unbearable". BUT, the short wait times sure make up for it! :)

Is it really that easy to get one rides this month? That would be great!

I usually ONLY wear jeans on the weekends (all year)... even at WDW, but we've never been in September. Usually Feb and Oct/Nov. We're only going to be there for MNSSHP on the 18th. I'm hoping that after the sun goes down that night that I won't be so hot I pass out. :scared:

I usually ONLY wear jeans on the weekends (all year)... even at WDW, but we've never been in September. Usually Feb and Oct/Nov. We're only going to be there for MNSSHP on the 18th. I'm hoping that after the sun goes down that night that I won't be so hot I pass out. :scared:
We don't encounter a ton of lines, but they don't run things at full capacity so you can't just walk on to everything.

I would be miserable in jeans, even at night - and especially if it rained. That's me, though - you should wear what you are most comfortable in.

I was there for the last 5 days, and I don't know which Tiki god I made happy, but it didn't rain a drop on me for the first three days. We got some rain Sunday night which cut walking the Boardwalk a little short, and a little drizzle Monday afternoon that didn't slow us down at all. But overall it was the best weather I've had at Disney in years.

We just got back yesterday and had the same experience! We got caught in a downpour as we were leaving Animal Kingdom, but since Kali River Rapids had been down we just considered it a substitute. It felt fantastic.

In fact, that day was the only really brutal day for us. Neither of us were feeling very well by lunchtime, even with trying to stay hydrated. I was sweating like crazy all weekend, but Sunday was the only day that really felt unbearable.

Back in CT for 2 weeks now, in a heat wave. This is nothing after spending 2 weeks in FL. Wish I were back!

We just got back from an eight night stay this past Sunday. The weather was beautiful the first half of the week. It was hot, but we are fellow Southerners, South Texas, and it feels MUCH hotter here! I was expecting the worst from everything I've read here on Disboards, but it was no big deal for us. The second half of the week was hotter, but it still wasn't that bad. It rained three afternoons and two evenings we were there, but each time it was for about 30 to 45 minutes or so, and that was it. Each afternoon that it rained, it happened around 3:30 or 4:00. We got lucky, and every time it rained we happened to be either on a ride that was inside or in a restaurant! It really was not bad at all for us, being from Texas.

We go Sep 30th, we have been a few times in mid September and it was hot and humid, does it cool off at the end and into the 1st week of Oct?

At the MK now! It's been hot but it's 9:45 and I've:

Had breakfast at BoG

Ridden Mine Train, Peter Pan, Big Thunder, Splash Mt and am on the train headed to Little Mermaid :-)

Hey, us too!! :wave:

I hope it cools down in the evenings- my DS decided to be a Jedi Knight, full robe and all. He's going to drown in sweat.

Can't remember if I already replied to this, but just got back from 10 night trip and I was pleasantly surprised by how the heat didn't bother me much. I thought it would be so much worse!! Didn't use our hats/Frog Togg cooling towels/personal fans.

On the plane now after 5 nights. The heat was intense but this was by far the driest September visit we've had. We didn't get caught in the rain at the parks at all.

I did it just fine 2 weeks ago.

Yes, it was hot. More sticky than anything. As soon as i stepped outside, I felt instantly wet and sweaty.

However, it wasn't bad. I wasn't outside long and was mostly indoors for rides or attractions. No big deal.

If i was in the searing heat in line in an outdoor queue, that'd be different.

I think the worst experience with the heat was waiting for 7DMT in the outdoor queue. The fans helped a bit, but not really. The queue said a 30 minute wait, but I was the lucky one to get to hold the red lanyard to update the time and it ended up being 70 mins wait instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter