September Heat....Can you take it?

Heading to WDW next weekend for park hopping 9/14 - 9/17. Just got the 1st day forecast and it is consistent with the past few weeks; 90-95F and 10000% humidity. It does look like rain, so maybe the clouds will dampen some of the beating sun.

I live in South Carolina and we deal with the same heat most of the time. I can imagine the shock for anyone north of the Mason-Dixon this time of year. So those of you that go this month, can you beat the heat? Do you think the cloud cover dampens the heat? Fellow Southerners...is it just like "home" for you?
I live here so this is just another day to me. Big thing is to stay hydrated. Also a small science/health lesson is that drinks with alcohol and caffeine do not hydrate you.

We drank tons of water and did things early and late i the day. Overall, last week was hot, but just took our time and ducked inside of air conditioned places. We did go to DTD and that was a mistake. It was very hot there (probably from the long walk).

Here now and it's not nearly as bad as I was fearing. It's humid but not unbearable at all. We've had mostly cloudy days so far and afternoon storms. Last night was actually really comfortable and it was the ac in the buildings that I had an issue with - too cold!! We love our mister fan - filled with ice water it is so refreshing!

I just returned and last week was very hot and humid, but as its been said, I would take less people and hot temps any day. This may be TMI, but I would be prepared for lots of sweating. With lots of sweating comes lots of issues--chaffing, female issues, bad hair days. Wear dry fit tops with sports bras, wear dry fit shorts (black--so when you are all sweaty it doesnt look like you peed your pants), wear dry fit socks, wear dry fit hats and forget about fixing your hair. Use products such as body glide, aquaphor, or some other skin protectant. Have Desitin on hand for the spots you missed and possibly monistat for the females of the bunch. I saw and heard so many females in the bathrooms complaining of their issues. Dont worry about looking cute or stylish--dress for comfort people!! I was amazed at what some people wore.

Stop and get that free ice water often.
Pack a frog tog or bandana to wipe sweat
Use sunscreen
Many of the rides and of course the bizillion stores have ac....cool off as needed.
I over heated once during the MK afternoon parade. Couldnt find a good shady spot and got way too hot!

You'll be fine....we go every August and it's just brutal but as I've mentioned before, as long as I'm at Disney, it could be 100 degrees every day! My son and I spent two summers in Houston, TX in July [for a baseball camp] and I actually think it was hotter there. 105 degrees plus 1000% humidity made for some really gross days.

I live in Connecticut and tomorrow is expected to be one of the hottest days of the summer! Go figure! I'm a physical education teacher so it stinks for me but yea, HOT everywhere it seems. We'll be complaining of cold real soon. I'm sick of winters.

Finally getting a good extended forecast for 9/14 -9/17. Temps show "dipping" to 90 with the potential of 88 on 9/15! Depending on where you look, rain is even down to 20% chance. If that holds up it will be great. We were ~85-88 in South Carolina this weekend and cloudy. It is crazy what a difference it is between a 90 degree day and a 95 degree day. Fingers crossed....

I was there for the last 5 days, and I don't know which Tiki god I made happy, but it didn't rain a drop on me for the first three days. We got some rain Sunday night which cut walking the Boardwalk a little short, and a little drizzle Monday afternoon that didn't slow us down at all. But overall it was the best weather I've had at Disney in years.

Finally getting a good extended forecast for 9/14 -9/17. Temps show "dipping" to 90 with the potential of 88 on 9/15! Depending on where you look, rain is even down to 20% chance. If that holds up it will be great. We were ~85-88 in South Carolina this weekend and cloudy. It is crazy what a difference it is between a 90 degree day and a 95 degree day. Fingers crossed....
I've been trying to keep up with the weather. We will be there 14th-21st. I don't mind the heat and wouldn't mind an hour of rain even up to a couple of times a day. I just don't want rain all day everyday! I really hope it's not a wet week!!!

You'll be fine....we go every August and it's just brutal but as I've mentioned before, as long as I'm at Disney, it could be 100 degrees every day! My son and I spent two summers in Houston, TX in July [for a baseball camp] and I actually think it was hotter there. 105 degrees plus 1000% humidity made for some really gross days.

I live in Connecticut and tomorrow is expected to be one of the hottest days of the summer! Go figure! I'm a physical education teacher so it stinks for me but yea, HOT everywhere it seems. We'll be complaining of cold real soon. I'm sick of winters.
I'm in Connecticut too and our town's schools were let out early and might be tomorrow as well. I keep reminding myself that this is how the weather is going to be in Disney next week. As long as it's sunny out, I'm happy!

Here now and it's not nearly as bad as I was fearing. It's humid but not unbearable at all. We've had mostly cloudy days so far and afternoon storms. Last night was actually really comfortable and it was the ac in the buildings that I had an issue with - too cold!! We love our mister fan - filled with ice water it is so refreshing!
Was it the typical afternoon thunderstorms that only lasted less than an hour or was it constant raining?

We went over Labor Day weekend a few years back and, being from Seattle, the heat and humidity were ROUGH for me. I had a hard time with feeling sweaty all the time and the humidity felt suffocating for most of our trip.

That being said, the lower crowds were so lovely, so I wouldn't be surprised if we go back again over Labor Day weekend again sometime in the future.

I went to WDW one year in September. Too hot for me. Won't ever go again during that month.

We are here now and yes, it is super muggy. More so than I expected it to be ... and we were in Cancun in early August and had thought THAT was muggy. However, we were also just sitting by the pool most of the day ... not walking miles upon miles to get from show to ride to show to ride. Today, we were at AK and it was quite humid where pretty much everyone is just glistening (or more) from sweat. However, we were able to go to Kali River Rapids three times in a row, between 3-3:45 pm. Lucky me, I was in the "wet seat" all three times. Believe me, I cooled down! After that, my two older girls were able to walk on EE for two rides (and they had already ridden twice that morning, before 10 am, with a five-minute wait each time). Everyone was told to just go thru the FP+ line b/c the Standby time was posted as 0 minutes! So, yes, it is muggy but it is not "awful" or "unbearable". BUT, the short wait times sure make up for it! :)

We were also at AK this morning. Brutal, ended up being too much for our toddler so we ended up with a pool/DTD day.

Sometimes babies can be such babies.

The heat doesn't bother me at all, all the years of playing football and baseball in the Texas heat (I still play baseball in the Louisiana heat) and it's nothing to me, I could never image letting the heat keep me from doing anything.....

The heat never bothered me before, but this summer I'm pregnant and I can barely go outside without getting sick. No way could I handle Disney in this weather- we live in southeast Texas. Hoping I get my ability to deal with the heat back next summer!

I came home to nyc yesterday to find it HOTTER than WDW!!!!!!! ugg, I need to go back.

I was just there for Labor Day weekend and it was HOT and HUMID!! I found the humidity to be unbearable, but I really hate the humidity so others might think it was ok. I just drank a lot of water, stopped in shops that had AC to cool off and went in the resort pool in the afternoon. It was ok, but I don't think I'll be back in September in a looooong time! The crowds were also kind of awful, I know it was Labor Day and any holiday will be busy, but it was much more than I was anticipating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter