September Heat....Can you take it?

This will be our third time going in September. I looked at going in November but saw people wearing gloves and sweaters and just couldn't imaging packing for three different seasons in one day for five of us.
Coming from Toronto we have had some really humid days, in the midst of a humid wave right now. We know it is going to be really hot and humid. I just have to make sure that we all stay hydrated and get inside for air conditioning when we need to.
As a lifelong Wisconsinite, I feel the same as you. We went once in December and hated packing twice as much stuff for the trip. We needed jeans, sweatshirts, shorts, t-shirts, and a light jacket. (No hats and gloves, but coming from Wisconsin 40 degrees is like a cool autumn morning.) As for the heat and humidity, it bothers my wife more than me, but we both agree that if we dress appropriately, drink plenty of water, and take advantage of A/C when we need it, it isn't too terrible.

I leave in just over a week. You're not making me excited... I had no idea it would still be this hot... Thankgoodness I didn't pay the extra $100 to have our pool heated (we are renting a house)

Heading to WDW next weekend for park hopping 9/14 - 9/17. Just got the 1st day forecast and it is consistent with the past few weeks; 90-95F and 10000% humidity. It does look like rain, so maybe the clouds will dampen some of the beating sun.

I live in South Carolina and we deal with the same heat most of the time. I can imagine the shock for anyone north of the Mason-Dixon this time of year. So those of you that go this month, can you beat the heat? Do you think the cloud cover dampens the heat? Fellow Southerners...is it just like "home" for you?

I will be on WDW Sept 11-15. We usually go the end of August so we expect the heat and humidity. It's bad but not horrible. We go to the parks early and leave after lunch then back at night. There is also plenty of a/c to keep you cool. Love to the carousel of progress or the philharmagic to get out of the heat for a bit.

I leave in just over a week. You're not making me excited... I had no idea it would still be this hot... Thankgoodness I didn't pay the extra $100 to have our pool heated (we are renting a house)
Good thing you are preparing yourself in advance! A lot of people find the air you can practically swim in very oppressive and uncomfortable!

Ah yes. I love the take a shower and dry off and remain wet feeling :crazy2:
I have thick hair. I have to shower at night and allow it to fully dry in the a/c - otherwise it NEVER dries. :)

The heat and humidity really are bearable, though. We cut through gift shops while walking just to get a blast of a/c, drink lots of water, rest when we need to...it's not that bad.

September is my favorite time to go and although it is very hot and muggy, I've never really had a problem with it since there are so many places you can get in out of the heat for a bit. Taking a pool break mid afternoon is a must for us too!

It's been 90 degrees in Wisconsin for the last three days, and we do not have air conditioning in our home. At least with Disney, we get some AC. :D

We went in Sept last time and go again in a few days. The heat isn't fun, but it isn't a miserable experience either.

Waaay back in the '70s there was a huge relocation of folks from (I think Lockheed Martin) Littleton, Colorodo to New Orleans. Most of my high school wasn't air conditioned and that first year the Colorado kids were passing out left and right from the heat.
We live at the foot of Pikes Peak, elevation 7,000 feet. The difference in elevations make us supermen at sea level as you actually have oxygen. The combo of heat and humidity does take its toll

I've lived in Georgia or the southwest all my life so for me it's just like home. We go in August/Sept. most of the time and don't do anything different there than when we are home. As a matter of fact, I was complaining just yesterday it was cooling down here, it was 88 or 89 and I hated the cooler weather. I was a WDW for F&W last year, maybe the last week in Sept. and there were mornings I had to wear a sweater and some afternoons, especially the really rainy ones I had to wear a long sleeve shirt.

Upstate NY'er here, we love the Florida September heat and humidity, in fact when we went in February we missed the crazy heat!

It just doesn't feel like vacation if we aren't sweating like mad.

I live in Florida and I despise June thru September as much as northerner's despise winter. Having said that, we have had a bad year, with multiple death's in the family and needed a get away, so we stayed at AKL for 4 nights mid August. We did venture out to DTD for a few hours on our second day and Epcot and MK for some shopping on our last day. We were lucky enough to have some cloud cover, but after 3 hours, I had enough. Surprised I lasted that long.

<<<northerner here. We are going the last week of September with the heat. It has been really hot for the past two weeks here in Buffalo.

We took a trip to NH this summer. We went to Storyland (small amusement park) on a day when it was over 90 degrees and around 80% humidity. We were just fine, but saw a woman keel over from heat exhaustion very early in the morning so made sure we stayed very hydrated and visited the water rides when we needed a cooling off.

I live in RI and this past week was pretty similar weather - today it cooled off (77 degrees and not humid) and it's so very nice!!!! I'm not a huge fan of the hot/humid weather but we do experience it quite a bit in the summer around here and like others mentioned we don't have A/C in most places here.

We are attempting our first September trip in 2016 and looking forward to visiting Blizzard Beach for the first time! The only park I'm a bit nervous about is AK. We love AK & they don't have late hours in Sept. so hoping we can fit everything in even though it's hot.

There's an old rumor that Walt Disney once considered Niagara Falls for his east coast project. Now that would be something.

It's been sooooo hot and humid where I live that I'm used to it. I am just happy that the lines will be so much shorter than June/July!!!

I don't whether it'll hot or cold. Actually I'd rather it be hot, cause then you can actually take advantage of the pools at the resort! Our outdoor swimming season up in CT is coming to an end especially school started so the chance to go swimming everyday with the kids sounds good to me!

Also from the Philly area, and it's not much different here from Florida. We dress for it and drink plenty of water. Only one time, while waiting for the parade, did we really feel it. We just got in line at the next attraction and cooled off. My kids didn't even complain about the heat! Not once. It was a record. :)

going in 7 days and happy that it'll be summer-like .. I know, I'm in the minority. I love summer and hot weather

Me too!

To me Sept in FL isn't that different from Michigan in August... but in FL everything is air conditioned! My kids have been in an un-air conditioned school all week with high 80s/low 90s and high humidity, and then they come home to our un-air conditioned house. There's no escape and we've been known to go play at the library or the McDs play place for a while when it stays like that for days on end. It isn't like that when it is hot at WDW. The rides are air conditioned, the room is air conditioned, the shops are air conditioned. It is easy to escape the heat for a while.

I arrive Saturday :-) I'm a lifelong resident of south Louisiana who grew up slaving away in Memaw's 2 acre vegetable garden every summer (Has anyone else spent the month of July canning tomatoes in an unairconditioned kitchen?) so, yeah, I can take it. It's not ideal but I'll take hotter 'n hades over long lines any day!

I haven't done that but I have spent July/August hanging tobacco plants near the roof of a metal roofed barn for them to dry. There isn't a whole lot of air flow up there! As for the Disney heat we have been in March, May, June, July, August and October and tomorrow we will be there in September and honestly three of us have no problem...DS13 is the exception...he hates the heat. Of course he doesn't own a single pair of long pants and last winter went sledding in shorts so it's pretty obvious he prefers the cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter