• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September Adults and Solo Travelers

Hi

Arrived at Best Western Lakeside approx 4 hours ago. Was given a room in block 10 - it was terrible - plumbing did not work - wireless did not work and mold on walls.

Called reception - been moved to a lakeside room in block 4 and its brilliant !!

Dave, Kissimmee , USA (well for 9 days anyways)

hope you are having a wonderful time!!!:wizard:

Solo at the Grand Floridian - Sept. 22nd - 25th ... there for a work trip but lots of free time to sight see and enjoy Disney.

Solo at the Grand Floridian - Sept. 22nd - 25th ... there for a work trip but lots of free time to sight see and enjoy Disney.

You do realize you just ressurected a thread from 2007?::yes::

(And after looking at the preview I realize my signiture needs editing! LOL)

We went first week of September 2008 and as I remember crowds were fairly low. Would September be better than January of February?

You do realize you just ressurected a thread from 2007?::yes::

(And after looking at the preview I realize my signiture needs editing! LOL)

LOL ... no i did not realize that ... I followed a link from one of the other threads .... it was just labeled "September Solo Visitors" or something like that ... didn't have a year on it ... and I didn't notice before posting ... oh well ...

Solo at DLR and DCA every other Friday. I'll be at WDW in late Sept but meeting friends. I will also be at the WDW in Nov solo.

My girlfriend and I are headed to world for the 20-27th. It's her first time ever to fly as well as her first time at WDW. I've made our dinner reservations and even managed to get a Fantasmic Dinner Package. This is our 1yr anniversary (we were highschool/college sweethearts off and on for about 5yrs but just recently reconnected) and probably going to be our last trip out there until we have kids to bring; although I did say the last trip I made out there would be my last soo who knows!

I'm not too certain on whether or not I should try and rush all over the parks so she can see as much as possible; which would eventually require a vacation from the vacation (8 days and 7 nights running nonstop will eventually take its toll). I wanted to take things slow and just take in everything my last trip, back in Oct '10, see all the shows and parades and just relax; yet for some reason that didn't happen and my partner-in-crime ended up with sprained ankle from all the rushing.

I'm going to try and find that "happy median" and rush to get to our reservations/fastpass/show/parade times but in between just taking it slow and stopping to enjoy the scenario the themes and shops. We aren't doing any of the waterparks; we'll be staying at Pop Century so if we're in the mood for a pool we've got a couple to choose from, but we'll definitely be spending time at each of the Parks and DTD as well.

Also, she grew up in a family that didn't believe in participating in halloween, she has never been trick-or-treating. I've never attended the MNSSHP, but I'm planning on getting us a ticket for one of the nights we're there; I'm hoping the experience is worth the extra price for 2 adults.

Counting down the days, about 5wks left now. Can't wait. If anybody is up for meeting for the some fun in the parks or share a meal definitely let me know; she doesn't believe me that you can run into people you don't even know and have great conversations with them and hang out; she just doesn't know how the "Disney" World works!

Im solo!! So much to do and i dont know where to start! Staying at the caribbean resort and looking for people who would travel the parks with me, who will be around at this time?

Also, she grew up in a family that didn't believe in participating in halloween, she has never been trick-or-treating. I've never attended the MNSSHP, but I'm planning on getting us a ticket for one of the nights we're there; I'm hoping the experience is worth the extra price for 2 adults.

The last time I was at MNSSHP I was probably 8 or 9 (about 15 years ago) but I remember my parents and my grandma really enjoying it! I'm sure you guys will have a great time, have fun! :banana:

September 23-28!!! Staying at POFQ.. first Solo trip! Well, kind of solo.. I will be spending most of it with a friend I used to work with who will be there the same time, but different resort and we have the same flights! But there will be times when I will be solo and enjoying the parks! 37 days to go!!!!!!!

Just returned from spending the majority of the day at DLR and DCA. I wanted to stay for the evening shows and to check out the Mad T Party but it was too hot. I'm hoping for cooler weather when I return in a few weeks for the Disneyland Half Marathon.

I shall be there from September 1st to the 16, staying at Pop til the 12th then Boardwalk Villas for the remainder, I can't wait

Solo trip staying pop 2-5. Looking to see if any one wants to meet up while down there.

Last edited:
Hi I'll be there in September 5th till 16th at wilderness lodge cabins with a few friends. Can't wait, not been to Disney in years. Travelling from England

27 year old female going sept 16-23. family trip with my parents but i would love to meet some single disney loving men my age lol

I see that this is kind of a zombie thread, but I'll jump on board.

I'm going SOLO Sept 18-23. I'm 34/female. Would LOVE to meet a few fellow DISers. I'm doing MNSSHP on Sun 9/18 and Tues 9/20, and I'm doing Club Villain on Friday 9/23 (8:30 show). Oh, and MK EMM on Tues 9/20 :D

Work stress has really been getting to me and found a deal on airfare, and a good rate at BC so I now have another trip booked for Sept 18-24. 18-22 at BC and then 2 nights at Universal for HP.

Last edited:
New to the boards here... 26 / Single guy - Heading down September 5th -10th. Trying out the WL for the first time. I'll be with my Mother and her friend, but will running around alone at times to squeeze in some extra attractions and experiences:teleport:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter