September 29, 2007 - Magic

Happy belated Thanksgiving to all. I hope your Black Friday purchases were what you had hoped for. :goodvibes

Wow, close to the bottom of page 2 - NO GOOD!

We hit a bit of a rough patch lately, Fallon was sick (much better now) and I had a car accident (nothing big but car's in the shop still) so I really need something to look forward to and plan. That said - 3/28/09 cruise here we come! :banana: Assuming the points aren't too outrageous of course. I wanted to squeeze in 1 last cruise before Fallon turns 3. :dance3:

Ok.. so of course by now you all know that the '09 itineraries and dates have been released!!!!!
FYI: you can have them(DCL) hold and lock in the price for the itinerary that you want (I have until dec. 9 to make a decision) I put on hold 2 itineraries using my CC# and my Dh's CC#.

I have to talk to DH which dates or itineraries would be suitable for us in '09.

So, we're not cruising in '08, cruise in '09, no cruise in '10, and CRUISE with the NEW SHIPS in '11!!!

Christa: DId you book yours yet???? Irene: Which itinerary is 3/28??? Is that spring break? Oh.. for sure we'll be in NJ and then NY in mid April '08. I'll call ya and we'll have dinner or something :)

When is everyone sailing??????????? :dance3: Happy planning!!!

P.S. I can't believe I have a CC# :love:

Pauline :hippie:

Ok.. so of course by now you all know that the '09 itineraries and dates have been released!!!!!
FYI: you can have them(DCL) hold and lock in the price for the itinerary that you want (I have until dec. 9 to make a decision) I put on hold 2 itineraries using my CC# and my Dh's CC#.

I have to talk to DH which dates or itineraries would be suitable for us in '09.

So, we're not cruising in '08, cruise in '09, no cruise in '10, and CRUISE with the NEW SHIPS in '11!!!

Christa: DId you book yours yet???? Irene: Which itinerary is 3/28??? Is that spring break? Oh.. for sure we'll be in NJ and then NY in mid April '08. I'll call ya and we'll have dinner or something :)

Hi All,..:thumbsup2

:banana: ...I'm so excited that the dates are out. We are looking at Aug 15th "Tortola Eastern."

I really don't care where I go I just want back on the MAGIC!....:wizard:

Hope everyone gets what they want...:hug:

Pauline: Thats the same schedule we are on...lol..well thats the one DH said we are on....but I really want to renew vows for our 15th anniversary on the Magic..and that would be in 2010. What choices a girl has to make...:rotfl:

Christa: I can't believe the amount difference between 8/15 to 9/12!! I inquired about 8/15 and for a cat 6 for the 3 of us was like $4600 while it was $3200 for 9/12!! Well, my DD will only be in 1st grade, so I guess it won't be so bad taking her out of school....

DH and I are still talking about it.. I would really want to go to Tortola, but we've already done St. Thomas.. maybe if we decide to go, we'll do St. John's this time around.

Anyone else booked their 2009???????

Gr00vyChc:hippie:

OMG.....I feel like I am cheating on you guys...I posted on a new "meet" thread...Come on...can't you all go with me in AUG 09..:guilty:

MISS YA ALL...:grouphug:

My DH might have his next BIG conference in Orlando next year, so I'm hoping to go on a 4day cruise with Sarah while he's working :goodvibes .

When's the big conference? We'll be in Orlando in May for a week. Happy Mother's Day to me! :yay:

3/28 is St. Croix. I don't think it's Spring Break, at least it's not ours. The price difference is HUGE between March and Sept., I may reschedule. I'm only hesitant because Fallon's been getting so sick and I don't want to book a cruise for November or December only to have her miserable and coughing the whole time. :sick: :sad2: Fortunately we're not tied into a school schedule so if the March date turns out to be double the Fall, guess who's changing their date to the Fall! Anyway, we're planning on using our DVC points and the charts aren't out yet.

Christa: I can't believe the amount difference between 8/15 to 9/12!! I inquired about 8/15 and for a cat 6 for the 3 of us was like $4600 while it was $3200 for 9/12!! Well, my DD will only be in 1st grade, so I guess it won't be so bad taking her out of school....

DH and I are still talking about it.. I would really want to go to Tortola, but we've already done St. Thomas.. maybe if we decide to go, we'll do St. John's this time around.

Anyone else booked their 2009???????

Gr00vyChc:hippie:

We may end up seeing you in Sept. :hug:

Hi everyone! I just booked the 9/12/09 Tortola cruise! What a deal! $1665 for me and DH. (includes ins. and transfers) I would love a porthole but for that price a cat. 12 will do just fine.:thumbsup2 A cat. 9 was $800 more.:eek: I also have my onboard booking credit of $200 and the extra $50 they are giving CC members for booking by 12/10. I will keep my eye on what DU is offering and may eventually change my ressie to them for possibly more OBC. Come on Disboarders! Join us!

DH and I will be on the Magic this Saturday. Will have to book two more dummy dates as I have used my dummy ressies up. It is great to have dummy reservations on hand.:thumbsup2 Grumpy-gramps is on the Magic this week. I am hoping that he booked for 9/12/09.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Donna

Hi everyone! I just booked the 9/12/09 Tortola cruise! What a deal! $1665 for me and DH. (includes ins. and transfers) I would love a porthole but for that price a cat. 12 will do just fine.:thumbsup2 A cat. 9 was $800 more.:eek: I also have my onboard booking credit of $200 and the extra $50 they are giving CC members for booking by 12/10. I will keep my eye on what DU is offering and may eventually change my ressie to them for possibly more OBC. Come on Disboarders! Join us!

DH and I will be on the Magic this Saturday. Will have to book two more dummy dates as I have used my dummy ressies up. It is great to have dummy reservations on hand.:thumbsup2 Grumpy-gramps is on the Magic this week. I am hoping that he booked for 9/12/09.

Donna

Ragdoll....Have a safe and wonderful trip....:flower3:

TY... Irene...So I guess this means you won't be joining me..:upsidedow

Ragdoll....Have a safe and wonderful trip....:flower3:

TY... Irene...So I guess this means you won't be joining me..:upsidedow

Christa - when in Aug did you book for? I may push it for the 9/5/09 saildate instead, but probably not August. You were a great tablemate. :hug: And speaking of great tablemates, where the heck is Jac?! :confused3

Did you guys notice the 10/20/07 thread has 40,000+ posts?! :eek:

Hi everyone! I just booked the 9/12/09 Tortola cruise!

Grumpy-gramps is on the Magic this week. I am hoping that he booked for 9/12/09.

Donna

Maybe we'll see you you guys by the port . . . ! Congrats on your booking and enjoy your upcoming trip. Aren't you leaving really soon?

Maybe we'll see you you guys by the port . . . ! Congrats on your booking and enjoy your upcoming trip. Aren't you leaving really soon?

We leave very early tomorrow morning.:woohoo: Wish I could take you all with me. This was such a great DIS group!:goodvibes

Ragdoll.. u lucky lady!!! Wow you go on so many cruises! I think we have until sunday to decide if we're going to cruise in '09. It looks like it'll be just hawaii for us.
My DH and I aren't too happy with the new ports. I thought they'd change up the ports a bit more than just change out St. Maarten.. oh well... here's hoping that they'll really WOW us with the new ships itinerary in '11. Omigosh, I think we're going to have to wait for '11.. that is too far away!!!!

We leave very early tomorrow morning.:woohoo: Wish I could take you all with me. This was such a great DIS group!:goodvibes

Donna,

Would love to sail 9/09 but can't take the kids out of school. The prices are quite attractive compared to when we have to sail over the summer. I can't believe I am saying this but we might have to consider RCCL. :scared1:

My kids will be in middle and high school by then and 1 week out is just not going to work for us. Oh well. Maybe hubby and I can sneak one in sometime, haha! ;)

Have a great cruise this week and I hope the weather is nice for you all!

GG and Ragdoll- Tell us all about your cruises when you return!

Hello Everyone! Long time no hear. I thought with football ending things would slow down but I don't think that's ever going to happen. I have no idea when we will be cruising again, with passport issues it maybe not be until DS is 14 :scared1: We are going to WDW for Zane's birthday next summer. I am really looking forward to it. We will do a week at WDW with my parents and then we will go to Universal for 4 nights when they leave then we will go back to WDW for another 4 nights to celebrate the 4th of July. Zane said he wants to go on the Mickey boat in 09 but I don't know if that will happen, if it does Christa's date sounds like it will work really well for us. Hope all is doing well. Zane says Hi to all the princesses.

Hi everybody! Hope everyone has a healthy and happy new year! We started our new year with a foot of snow here in Cleveland. I have to admit that I love it! It seemed really odd being on our last cruise in Dec. Seemed to me that there should have been snow in the Carribean.:laughing: The cruise was just OK. We went through tropical storm Olga. Gale force winds and 30 foot seas are something that I do not want to experience again. Many people were seasick. It just made me really sleepy and homesick. Feeling trapped onboard was no fun. There were good points though...entertainment and food was good, weather in port was hot and for the most part sunny, but CC was the best I've experienced. Even though it was too cold for me to get into the water it was just so gorgeous! Just so relaxing to lay in a hammock and wander around enjoying the beauty of the island. That was when I finally relaxed and felt like I was ready to start vacation.:rolleyes: We came home the next day to a snowstorm. The flights after ours were cancelled.:eek: I was so glad that ours wasn't cancelled but the weather was so bad that it seemed like the pilot was having trouble landing.:scared1: Many flights were diverted to Columbus. I was so glad when we landed safely. Everyone onboard applauded.:laughing:

I was so happy to be home and see DGD's. I was bombarded with big hugs and kisses for days.:love1: Life gets no better than that!:teeth:

Donna

Hey Donna! Glad you made it home safely! Our friends in Parma sent us some pics of the snowy weather they had been having to try and help us picture a "white Christmas". It was the hottest I can remember here in Florida. On Christmas day it was 86 degrees! Hardly feels like Christmas when it's that cold. What cabin did you end up getting assigned? Did you like it?

We are getting psyched about our upcoming 4 day on The Wonder in March. We are nearing the paymnet deadline so that's when it all becomes a little more real. Did you re-book while on the Magic? I am thinking of booking for 09 but I just can't decide when. I better hurry and get it figured out soon though.

Hope Harry The Mixer, your daughter and dgkids are all doing well.

Happy New year!
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter