September 2016 Trip Thread!!!!

I am 19 days out and very excited, but also nervous ,because being our first time I was wondering when I will be receiving all of our goodies about our trip?!

I am 19 days out and very excited, but also nervous ,because being our first time I was wondering when I will be receiving all of our goodies about our trip?!

Did you book a package through Disney? If so, your stuff should come at about 21 days and it comes via fed ex. If you haven't received it yet, I would call!

Exactly one month to go!!!

DH and I have been watching all of the FreshbakedDisney videos on Youtube and we are getting SO excited! Amazing how after all these trips we are still hyper about going!

first time check in on this thread. We will be DLR on Sept 24-Oct 1st. Myself, DH, DD 9, DD 6. Kids first trip.
We will be staying at DLH. We will spend the weekend days relaxing at the hotel, and hit the parks starting Monday.

Here are the things booked.
DLH pool cabana 1/2 day on Sunday
Steakhouse 55 dinner Sunday.
WOC dessert Monday
plaza Inn CB. Wednesday morning

Defiantly a once in a lifetime trip. Been saving forever

Must say I am very sad about the fireworks, and the end of paint the night.

Did you book a package through Disney? If so, your stuff should come at about 21 days and it comes via fed ex. If you haven't received it yet, I would call!
I did book thru Disney just called and she checked UPS site, should arrive today! Thank you!:worship:

Stopping by to say hi! My husband and I will be at the Grand Californian the week of the 11th, just after our 36th anniversary. His first stay there, and I've only stayed there one night 14 years ago. Haven't been to DL for a couple of years, looking forward to a leisurely trip.

We are getting close to trip time!! Please post your mini trip reports here for all of us who are going later in the month! This will be the first trip where there are no major closures for us. I personally don't consider the things that are closed for the expansion to be major ;) on our last trip the castle was closed and covered.....

Three weeks from today (Sunday).

I don't know about other folks but the whole process of getting started on the day of the trip is fun for me
From the tirp to the airport to having breakfast just before taking off and even the flight into SNA when you can look to the left and see the Matterhorn in the distance, it's just building up the excitement of ariving at the parks.
It's also fun interacting with peole in the airport and on the plane who are obviously going to DLR.

I'm ordering us Mouse Ears ahead of time so we can wear them on the way there. I've been buying cheap/small Disney themed toys for the kids to play with on the plane and in the airports. ( Small plastic TsumTsums and Disney coloring books ) 22 DAYS!!!

Anyone know if you can get mouse ears embroidered if you bring your own ( wear them in, then get them done), or do you have to get them done at the time you buy them?

We are two weeks away from our trip and the kids are starting to get that Disney hype which is always fun!

Tickets came in the mail a few days ago. I am not at home and I couldn't see them, but my wife said the luggage tags this year are pretty nice. We now have 3 sets of 4 so more than enough to last.

I guess we also received a backpack with a built in cooler with it that looks pretty nice. Not sure if they hand these out random. Another person going with us didn't get one with their reservation.

I waited too long to book ground transfer from LAX to Disney. This needed to be done before they send out the package. It wouldn't have worked out that well for us anyway though as the bus was leaving the airport just as we land, so we would be stuck on the curb cut for at least 45 minutes probably. Instead, the CM recommended super shuttle, which was pretty inexpensive and should be waiting for us so we can grab our bags and go right when we land.

Anyone know if you can get mouse ears embroidered if you bring your own ( wear them in, then get them done), or do you have to get them done at the time you buy them?

They will not embroider them unless you have a receipt from the resort. I made this same mistake for the kids' first set of ears.

I waited too long to book ground transfer from LAX to Disney. This needed to be done before they send out the package. It wouldn't have worked out that well for us anyway though as the bus was leaving the airport just as we land, so we would be stuck on the curb cut for at least 45 minutes probably. Instead, the CM recommended super shuttle, which was pretty inexpensive and should be waiting for us so we can grab our bags and go right when we land.
You might want to check into Uber. Private car just for your family, no waiting around while the driver circles the airport looking for other pickups. If you haven't used it before, you can use a new customer discount and bring it down to probably quite close to what you'd pay for SS. I've had ok experiences with them, but also not so good, and there's a few horror stories around these boards about SS.

They will not embroider them unless you have a receipt from the resort. I made this same mistake for the kids' first set of ears.

Darn. Thanks for clarifying. I don't think they care about their names being on them, so I'll get them ahead of time anyway.

Still no fireworks on the calendar after the 5th. I guess we won't have any during our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter