• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2015 Combined Live Trip Reports

Well a long day of rig prepping for us, long weekend actually. Got our golf cart trailer serviced yesterday (new lighting harness, and tail lights thanks to tiggerdad's squirrels), bearings packed, and new tires. Installed rain gutters over some of the windows on the rig today, hanging up pictures and such. The rig had one of those lovely 4 pin round trailer light connectors so (without a multimeter) spent a coupe of hours figuring that out/re-wiring because the old 4 pin round's didn't have a standard convention. All good there. Tested out the water heater, water lines, etc. Ended up getting one of those 90 degree elbows for the water inlet because it was leaking from the strain of the hose pulling down on it otherwise, that solved that problem.

Now all we have left to do is finish packing our bags for the cruise and loading the rest of our clothes/supplies in the rig to pull out on Thursday.

holy cow it has been a mass exodus

Glad to hear that, we'll be checking in on Thursday for our one night before the cruise.

We made it here yesterday. Got checked in and got the loop we requested. Today we went to sea world and got drenched but had fun. Waiting for the water parade and fireworks.

More on the new walking path. I got a picture because I know you all want to see it. I am not sure when it went in, it was not here at then end of March. We love it since we are not cart people. Here is a look heading to the settlement.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Yes we love 700 loop. We like to take the boats across bay lake. Last year we were in 1300, we prefer being close to the boat dock. I think I would want 400 if 700 not available. There are some sites we like in 800 but there are also some we don't like.

This morning I went for a short run, then to trails end for breakfast. Bert had a class today from 11 to 12:30, so we are just hanging out then heading to MK. I took the opportunity to do some laundry and check up on work. It is super messy and yeti is enjoying it.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Mal is on the mat or am sure she would dig too

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Hey Garneska, my kids always enjoy seeing pics of the dogs. Here is the youngest keeping up with everybody's trip reports...
20150908_115810.jpg

and I quote "Look! It's Mallory!"

Tiggerdad that is so cute and awesome. I will let mallory know she has fans.

We have not had great weather. The storms keep popping up and it's hot and humid. Went to MK this afternoon. Had some issues with the boat, well we left at the last minute and the boat came at 1:35 I thought we can still make our space mountain FP. Then they turned us around to pick up a cm at contemporary only to find they were not at the dock. We made it to space mountain 3 min after our FP expired, we tried anyways and the light was green so we made it on. Then to big thunder, watched the parade (I love the parade) then a trip on the railroad and finally to splash mountain.

Went to dinner at Ravello at the four seasons. It was fantastic, great service and food. I thought a step up from Il Mulino and super easy drive from the fort there. Highly recommend if you are into that sort of thing. Not cheap but it was delicious. It poured while at dinner. Was hoping to walk dogs now but it is miserably humid out. Plan to hit epcot tomorrow. Hopefully some more pics.

Yeah this combined trip is good idea, going to have to try it when we go in February. Still waiting on Tiggerdad's Pre trip, always good reading...popcorn::

Oh BTW, we could do a trip report on the Alabama/Ole Miss game, since we'll be there along with the world famous Bama Ed! :crowded:

Mallory had a visitor last night, corgidad stopped by and got some mallory love. This morning I went for a short run and then took the dogs for a long walk. We went to the 1200 loop hoping to run into anyone. We did not run into any dissers but mallory found lots of fans and pets. When we got back yeti did not even want to stay outside, he came in while I showered and Bert stayed outside with mal. Heading to epcot today, but may take a detour to autozone, the Rav needs a new battery.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

I saw that Ed, looks like we will miss it by about a week on our trip. I hate that.

Went to Epcot today and hit all the major rides. We went on Soarin, Test Track, Mission space, La Cava, Tutto Gusto, and Spice Road Table. The park was pretty empty and hotter than it has been but less humid. After we feed dogs heading to Trader Sam's, we have not been yet. Plan is tomorrow after AK will hit autozone for a new battery for the Rav. Will try and get some pics from trader Sam.

Yesterday was Universal and we got our fill of the 2 Bs - butter beer and blisters. Took it easy today and did some things in Orlando. Fam went to MK for a couple of hours while I stayed back to finish some work stuff and to pay attention to the dogs. Tomorrow is AK followed by Blue Man Group which we've never done.

Thanks Ed for the article. Though I hate to see it go, that is an extremely informative article that I enjoyed reading. I have to say that this attraction was one I always liked to visit although my family did not share in my enthusiasm. Don't get me wrong, they viewed the attraction but it was a "been there done that" for them.
Thanks again for posting the article.

Alright y'all were loaded up and about to hit the road. Asking for your prayers for our travels today. This is our RV's maiden voyage, she's an oldie but we feel like she's rarin' to go. See ya' at the Fort!

12004090_10207799764138879_2731820215139809980_n.jpg
11062251_10207799764098878_8051199478479917960_n.jpg

Bishop, you guys take care on the road. The rig is looking good and so is the golfcart from what I could see of it. How long you think it will take for you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter