September 2015 Combined Live Trip Reports

Bishoparc

DIS Veteran
Hi all! As was suggested in the October 2015 meet & greet thread by tiggerdad who was "borrowing" the idea from Bama_Ed who did it last year, I'm creating this thread so anyone who travels to the Fort in September can post updates on their trip.

My suggestion would be to post a placeholder post in the thread so you can link your other posts to it if you want.

Please keep in mind you are welcome to create your own thread for your individual trip but several folks thought it would be fun to have a consolidated one for the next couple of months so here's the one for September. (Sounded like a good idea to me so I borrowed it, thanks Bama_Ed)

If you're traveling to the Fort in September of 2015, be sure to check in on the meet & greet thread to see who else will be there while you are and we'll See ya at The Fort!

Last edited:
Well we made it. Haven't figured out pictures yet. We arrived at 5:45 yesterday. Did not finally get parked until about 7. Huge mess with check in. I have to say they made a terrible second first impression.

But today is a new day. Will try to figure out pictures later. Heading out to find internet and then hopefully Epcot.

We are in the 1700 loop.

The first site they tried to put us in was 1602. There was no way a 38 ft 5th wheel was going to fit. Then they tried to put us in the tents area. The ones with no sewer I've forgotten what they are called. It was interesting trying to get the rig through that loop. The cm couldn't figure out why that was unacceptable too and claimed we just didn't know how to park. Then she tried to charge us to upgrade from the tent to the full hook up which is what we paid for in the first place of course. She swore up and down we didn't. Finally we got put in 1700 about as far from the bus stop as possible even though asked for 1600 near transportation. But we are here and had a great day and I can forget about it. Hopefully I won't have any trouble tomorrow when I switch to our other reservation.

Saw a deer while on the bus. I think the animals are hiding from the rain.

I'm following along too, my popcorn needs more butter...popcorn::

Me too, Randy. I'm just sitting here waiting and watching.

Based on the story Simbalover told above about the CM who checked them in giving them a hard time, I would have had that CM detailing my trailer with a toothbrush after I was done with their manager.

How much rain are you getting, SimbaLover? I might come in a few years on Labor Day weekend and the June-october daily forecast always shows a daily chance of showers.

Last edited:
This is a great idea to combine live trip reports! Haven't been to the Fort in 2 years:sad: and it will be a little longer with school.

Luckily I'm extremely zen at wdw. If that happened at a regular campground...

It poured for about 15 minutes and drizzled for another 30 or so. Then just looked like it was going to rain the rest of the evening. It cleared out the crowds both Epcot and MK have been dead. Walked on everything even 7 dwarfs although we did go home for a few hours.

Went to walmart and there was a huge line checking in when we got back. I think everything in 1700 is taken. Luckily our neighbors are great.

Hear isn't bad but then again I grew up in south Louisiana so my view of heat is a bit warped.

Wish me luck trying to keep my spot tomorrow when switching to my second reservation. I'm pretty sure I will need it.

Excuse the horrid typing and grammar I'm still typing on my phone. Hoping to get internet tomorrow.

We are on the road!!! It is always fun picking up the rig (sarcastic) always an issue with something, thankfully nothing major. Got it home and someone was parked where we normally park. We went and parked at the clubhouse as I was not sure where else to park. Shut it down took something out, let security know it was there, then went home. By that time the guy had moved, so we went and moved the rig.

The fun this morning is hooking up the road. I suck. I have to pull the car up

Oh boy am not sure if my whole message went. I hate posting from phone. If nothing makes sense will fix it when we get to the fort.

We are on our way!

...stopped chewing popcorn and rereading garneska's post...head turned sideways..
...slowly chewing popcorn again and smiling...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter