• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2015 Combined Live Trip Reports

My original post from our August 2015 check in.

Glad that you are there safe and checked in. In our previous visits to the Fort, we have always had positive check in experiences................ until this past first week of August trip. We requested 200 loop and was given site 234. We were not going to fit. Called and CM said the Fort was very busy and no place to move us to. Long story short, I was told to back onto the sand pad and leave my truck in the overflow lot. I guess the CM sensed my frustration with his last statement. He immediately followed up with "let me check one more time". We were offered site 903. I was not wanting or expecting an upgrade, just a longer site, just like the empty one directly across from 234. What was also frustrating is that during that week, there were 5 to 12 empty sites in the 900 throughout the week. We enjoyed the 900 loop and appreciated the upgrade. Just don't think that we should have had the "conversation" we had to resolve the issue.

The first site they tried to put us in was 1602. There was no way a 38 ft 5th wheel was going to fit. Then they tried to put us in the tents area. The ones with no sewer I've forgotten what they are called. It was interesting trying to get the rig through that loop. The cm couldn't figure out why that was unacceptable too and claimed we just didn't know how to park. Then she tried to charge us to upgrade from the tent to the full hook up which is what we paid for in the first place of course. She swore up and down we didn't. Finally we got put in 1700 about as far from the bus stop as possible even though asked for 1600 near transportation. But we are here and had a great day and I can forget about it. Hopefully I won't have any trouble tomorrow when I switch to our other reservation.

Saw a deer while on the bus. I think the animals are hiding from the rain.

We must have had the same CM. The one thing that I omitted from my original post was that the CM sent out "reinforcements" to help me park my camper. This also helped make our check in more "magical". At least all ended well.

oh gosh- just joined in and already laughing :) you guys are great! Can't wait to read more!

We left this morning at 5am. We are now almost to our campground for the night in Alabama. From there we will leave tomorrow morning and it is a short 8 hours from there to the fort. After what will be 14 today 8 seems simple.

Looking forward to the report(s)!popcorn:: We are headed down in a few weeks so hopefully these threads will help make the time pass more quickly..lol I hope our check-in goes a bit smoother than Jets70 and SimbaLover. Hope you get some dryer weather and all have a great time!

We are here. Took 8 hours. Had some rain but was clear to setup camp. Still have things to do, like get modem and walk dogs but it's time for dinner at trail's end. We are in 723.

Arrived here about 1230pm. It was a quick check in. We are in 1216. Set up was hot. Went to eat with friends at Trails End. We were too tired to do EMHs. Relaxing the rest of the night.

We got the modem up and running. On our way to dinner we noticed the new walking path by the settlement. It is so nice to not share with the carts, I alwys felt like I would get run over. It is crazy here. Most sites are full. Lots of carts and honking. Mallory is her rockstar self. All dogs were happy for that walk after dinner. Post some pics soon.

We have one new rig issue. The overhead bedroom lights don't work. We changed the fuse and the hit the multiplex switch and the fuse sparked and done. So we turned off the overhead lights at the light figuring we hit the power and should get nothing but sparked and done again. Think there is a short some where.

Arrived here about 1230pm. It was a quick check in. We are in 1216. Set up was hot. Went to eat with friends at Trails End. We were too tired to do EMHs. Relaxing the rest of the night.

You didn't miss much. We gave up at about midnight. It was sooo crowded.

Yesterday was the first crowded park day. And as garneska said, the Fort is crowded too. It drizzled for a few minutes yesterday but no outright rain that I noticed. Too bad it needs to cool off a bit.

Switched to my second reservation no problems. Got a first visit pin for the Chihuahua since he wasn't a part of the family yet on our last trip. We did have the electricity go out yesterday but from the time we left the lobby to tell them to it being fixed was about 10 minutes. Also got a modem no problems. Boy child (age 12) has having a blast going to the Meadow by himself on his bike.

Laying low today. Husband has some work to do and girl child (age 13) is taking an online college class she needs to get caught up in. Tonight we have reservations at Rainforest since husband loves that place. Tomorrow is Universal.

They are building a second guard shack.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

We arrived at 4:30 and no one was checking in. Our CM was helpful and nice we had no issues. We unhitched and had to jump the car, something we know about and prepared for but still having issues with it. When we got to 700 loop it was crowded, but we were able to get through.

Our site is very sunny no shade, am glad we have the awning. Nice privacy for the dogs but no big trees above. Probably good if use satellite. It is definitely wet here. We look at a swamp, not sur rif you can tell from the pic.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

This morning I went for a run. It was horrible. I was supposed to do 9 miles and gave up at 6.7. I did run through some loops and they were all packed. I expect a mass exodus tomorrow and Tuesday. We then setup or auxiliary air conditioner. Needed some way to cool the rig off. The two a/c units are not enough. We then went to Publix to stock up on adult beverages and chocolate milk, also got lunch. Love the publix made to order subs. Will spend the afternoon doing some work and heading to DHS tonight to catch the frozen fireworks. Dinner is at the Brown Derby.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Empty spot is mine.

[GALLERY=[URL=[URL]http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/hgarnes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpscsa9sjii.jpg.html][/URL]
image_zpscsa9sjii.jpg
[/URL][/GALLERY]

They are building a second guard shack

popcorn:: Ooooo pictures...me like pictures :happytv:

Thanks for posting....we're outside putting the finishing touches on our motorhome. DW & I are off tomorrow so the goal is to ahve everything we can loaded and ready tomorrow so we're ready to roll Thursday!

Trip reports! popcorn:: A combined thread is a great idea. Glad everyone is having a great time so far. Can't wait for more. :banana:

:flower3:
Tonight we have reservations at Rainforest since husband loves that place.

SimbaLover, sounds like DH wants to release his "inner child" at RFC. :)

garneska, don't feel bad about shorting the run. You listened to your body and did what was appropriate. I have a request for you though. At some point, could you take a picture of the paper/instructions that comes with the Fort internet modem kit and post it in the thread "...Caveat about free Wifi..." I think that would be helpful for folks.

And 700 loop again? That must be your favorite, clearly.

Shout outs to Bert, Yeti, and Mallory! :yay:

Bama Ed

Bama Ed I posted some pics in the wi fi thread. Let me know if it is readable. They were not great pics.

Sunday night the weather was a bust. It poured at 4 and then rained most of the evening. We made it to DHS and used our toy story FP. Bert kicked my butt. I had a poor showing. That was just how my day was going.

Dinner at Brown Derby was good. Better than expected. We have eaten at the outside bar often but the last time in the restaurant was a few years ago. That time the food and service was mediocre. Am glad we ate in because of the rain and heat, so nice to be in air conditioning. The service was good too. We walked around and then did One Man's Dream, I enjoy it and again inside. Managed to stay for the fireworks and loved it. We saw them last year but had the frozen package, good view of the stage but not great for fireworks. We stayed near the opening of DHS. Great view of the fireworks. Was super glad we stayed. We may even try again tonight. Due to weather no pics but will post some in the next update. Monday we did something new for us.

Decided to go to HS instead of Universal today. It seemed pretty crowded and we left around 2 since we were hungry and had done everything we wanted. Spent the afternoon enjoying the pool and I think we'll finally do the sing-a-long tonight.

They changed up One Man's Dream since the last time I've been. They took out his office and put something else in its place. I always love the video at the end though.

Boy Child playing at Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground.

image[2].jpg

I think I finally figured out this picture thing! I hope they don't turn up gigantic.

Dobby proudly wearing his button. He wears it every time he goes for a walk and has gotten lots of attention.
image.jpg

:flower3:

SimbaLover, sounds like DH wants to release his "inner child" at RFC. :)

Bama Ed

He always does at Disney! The food was just as good as we had remembered but the service was terrible. The waitress was too busy socializing to do much. They turned down some of the sound effects so it isn't nearly as loud as it used to be.

Sunday we have reservations at Garden Grill for Girl Child's birthday and that'll be the only two we plan on hitting up while here.

It was an exciting day for us. First, we had some dog walking to do. The rain last night made things quite yucky.at 8:30 still lots of full loops. Then we headed to AK and did the wild Africa trek. It was great. I have no pics yet. They take a bunch and I can't download in a few days. We did enjoy it. Then we did our favorite and best show.

[GALLERY=[URL=[URL]http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/hgarnes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsorxf6j5n.jpg.html][/URL]
image_zpsorxf6j5n.jpg
[/URL]][/GALLERY]

We ran into some friends from the dis and chatted then headed back to the fort. At 4:30 we walked dogs again, holy cow it has been a mass exodus. Lots of open sites now. Getting ready to head to Mizner's for dinner and drinks. Sorry not too many pics. I hope to get some more, especially of the dogs. They definitely don't go as far, but are still rock stars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter