September 2015 - Checkin Thread

My husband, our 2.5yr old daughter and I will be staying at DLH from Sept 13-19. It's my husband's first visit to any Disney park and my first visit in 20+ years! We're very excited!

Checking in! I am coming to town just for a long weekend with my two sons.

September 12 at the Mission Inn in Riverside
September 13 and 14 at Disneyland Hotel (Sept. 14 going to park-hop)

And back east on September 15. I can't wait!!

Yesterday I was feeling apprehensive about the upcoming trip. Today I woke up feeling good with all my apprehension gone.

We are going September 29th and 30th, staying at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott. DH doesnt know that I booked us a themed room. he he

I'll be in the park those same days! All day on the 29th and HP on the 30th. :)
We'll arrive mid-morning on the 29th and head straight from SNA to the parks to meet up with our friends who live down there and then the 30th (my b'day), we will be there from RD and hopefully till the end of the Halloween party!!!

26 days until my trip, I think I finally stopped planning :) MM day figured out, all dining reservations made, F! and WoC days picked, and a quick trip to Universal (first time back in 16 years) all scheduled. Actually starting to relax a bit :)

We will be there Sept. 12-14. We are staying at Anaheim Camelot Inn. This will be my mother's first trip ever and my friend who is joining us has not been since she was 13!! We are so excited to add on these days at the tail end of our San Diego conference stay.

My disney mom and I will be there for my 23rd birthday the 11th thru 14th staying at paradise pier :)

My husband, our 2.5yr old daughter and I will be staying at DLH from Sept 13-19. It's my husband's first visit to any Disney park and my first visit in 20+ years! We're very excited!
We are going to be there around the same time and have a similar group. Our daughter will be almost 3, I have never been, and it's been about 20 years for DH.

Just signed the family up for Earl of Sandwich's eClub. I think I read somewhere on here that you get a free sandwich for joining. My daughter and I also both have birthdays during our trip, so maybe we'll get something for that too.

I'm less than three weeks out at this point. I didn't do that too early, did I?

Getting so excited for the trip, now more then ever because my 20 yr old DS decided to go with me!
I'm so happy he changed his mind!
I remember when Cars land was being built we used to talk about how awesome it would be to go there and see it someday.
Cars was his favorite movie and he loves Mater :)
Now we leave 5 wks from tomorrow and I can't wait. We will be there Sept 17-21st. for our 1st visit.

Just signed the family up for Earl of Sandwich's eClub. I think I read somewhere on here that you get a free sandwich for joining. My daughter and I also both have birthdays during our trip, so maybe we'll get something for that too.

I'm less than three weeks out at this point. I didn't do that too early, did I?

Lol..we did the same thing, and luckily, got our coupons at the right time! Hope you do too! Love to eat there....

I am getting so excited for my trip!!! I keep checking all my notes and reservations. The hardest thing has been keeping the trip a secret from my DD7. I want to include her in the planning, but I also want to experience the surprise on her face and the squeals of delight when she realizes that we are going to DL. She has never been before and I feel so lucky to experience her first visit with her.
The second hardest thing has been forcing myself to realize that we won't get to do everything. We will have to miss out on some of the great things that DL has to offer. We will only have 3 days in the parks and one of the days will be cut off early due to the MHP. I have to remind myself to be in the moment and enjoy what we are able to do and not worry about what we can't do.
Only 43 more days!!!!!

The hardest thing has been keeping the trip a secret from my DD7. I want to include her in the planning, but I also want to experience the surprise on her face and the squeals of delight when she realizes that we are going to DL. She has never been before and I feel so lucky to experience her first visit with her.

We are also keeping a surprise, from my daughter who turns 6 on September 1. It hasn't been too hard for us though. She's pretty oblivious most of the time. We have a giant Disney bag in my closet full to the brim of gifts and clothes we've slowly begun sneaking away from her closet to pack and stuff.

I've thought about keeping it a secret from my kids but I think I'm more excited than they are! Actually the idea for my September trip began in May when my wife took my oldest to Orlando for a runDisney event. My 4 year old was very upset and jealous that he couldn't go, so we ended up planning a fictional trip to California just for fun.

Two months later this evolved into real plans, and now my flight leaves one month from today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter