September 2015 - Checkin Thread

Wow. Looks like sept will be busy. We are finally taking adult trip now that we have one in college and a senior in HS. So hubby and I just booked tickets for Sept 5-10. The plan was to run DLH, but we ended up not signing up. Oh, well, we'll go for the bonding time and getting to know each other again after 20 years of raising kiddos! :-)

Yay, love seeing my name on that list!!! Still debating hotel options and praying the Canadian dollar some how gets better, but I am still so excited!

You and me both. Worst I have seen it in a long time. Not gonna let it bring my Disney spirit down though. Going to enjoy every single minute of this Disney trip.

Alright lets update this list shall we? Looks like we are gonna have a busy September, but a super fun one.

Alyfreema: End of Aug – Beginning of September
MaleficentRN: Aug 30 – Sept 2
ADLFAN: Aug 30 – Sept 4
Xenorye: Aug 31 – Sept 8
Zanzibar138: Sept 1st (One week)
VirginiaR: Sept 1 - 4
Alixandria: Sept 2 - 5
Princess_jamie: Sept 2 – 7
OldPyrate: Sept 3 -7
Croach: Sept 4 - 7
Pagirlinnc: Sept 4 - 8
RadioFanatic: Sept 4 - 8
Gstq: Sept 4 -16
Chris1013: Sept 5 – 8
Cp11: Sept 5 - 10
Mystic_path: Sept 5 - 15
Kylie71: Sept 6 -11
V.I.N.C.E.N.T: Sept 6 – 11
DizneyLover: Sept 6 - 12
KPMS: Sept 6-12
Charlie_Y: Sept 7 -11
Kelly_Schmidt: Sept 7 -12
Charlie_Y: Sept 8-10
Mellyb: Sept 8 -20
Jamie03: Sept 9 -13
Tyggress: Sept 10-13
WestWind: Sept 10 - 21
Tlovesdis: Sept 11-14
Sets14: Sept 11-19
Pixleyyy: Sept 12-15
CallieMar: Sept 12 – 20
Honicakes: Sept 13 - 16
Pirate_smiles: Sept 13-16
Kaoden39: Sept 13-19
Riversend22: Sept 13 -19
Stardusty21: Sept 13 - 19
Poseys: Sept 13-20
Darcie2000: Sept 13 – 23
Bigb83: Sept 14-18
Irony personified: Sept 16 -23
Nicolispicoli: Sept 17 - 21
Revwog1974: Sept 18 - 22
Mtn335: Sept 18 -24
Buttercup14: Sept 19-23
Aust: Sept 19 – 26
TACK: Sept 19 - 26
Jsgrant5: Sept 19 – 26
Crazycrafermom: Sept 19-27
Andona: Sept 20 - 22
Calilou: Sept 20 - 23
FeistyBelle: Sept 20 – 24
Azjenn: Sept 20 - 25
RichP1269: Sept 22 – 26
Todd Lee: Sept 23-27
Goose&mavie: Sept 23 – 27
Girimama33: Sept 24 - 27
Avery’s Mom: Sept 24 – 28
Woodskeeper: Sept 23 - 29
Keltiesmom: Sept 23 - 30
NMcowboy: Sept 23 – Oct 3
Smchristy: Sept 24 - 27
Babysaurus: Sept 25th – Oct 2
Lorijohnhill: Sept 26 - Oct 3
LeahMLee: Sept 26 - Oct 3
Nhpooh: Sept 26 - Oct 3
Emmybee: Sept 27 – Oct 2
Ten6mom: Sept 27 – Oct 2
Jammyjam25: Sept 28 – Oct 2

Just booked a solo trip, September 6-9. Flying in Sunday Morning, day/evening in the parks, staying somewhere on harbor blvd for the night due to crazy expensive weekend disney hotel rates, and then monday and tuesday night at the PPH. This will be my third trip, third year in a row. Two years ago we went september 9-12 and it was EMPTY but also park hours were very short, last year we went during early august and it was hot, but parks were open late, this year hoping to catch the tail end of labor day weekend and then enjoy some slow weekdays. 10pm non-stop Redeye flight booked for wednesday night home.

Just booked my flight :jumping1:

I thought it was going to be my first solo trip, but a friend of mine is coming too. We are planning on doing the WIWF Tour. I hope we are able to see the apartment vs. the Dream Suite.

My sis and I will be there mid Sept. for Dapper Day, and I sure wish I could know in advance how the weather will be! Last Dapper Day, it was chilly and rainy, but I sure don't want the hideous heat of Cali to make the stay miserable either....

Sept 18 - 26 at DLH for DH & I. Celebrating our 37 th anniversary. Plus our first Dapper Day (will dress up a bit but no period clothes). Also DH turns 60 in January, so tieing that in with DL's 60th! :goodvibes

Hi everyone I'm making my 1st visit to DL/DCA Sept 17-21. Super excited!
I go to WDW a lot and have had an AP the last 2 yrs.

I'm travelling solo and can't wait to experience DL/DCA for the 1st time.
I've been researching like crazy...lol

We usually go to WDW, but this year, staying at Disneyland Hotel Sept 14-18, DH and I are taking our 18 year old grandson as a graduation present. 57 days!!

We usually go to WDW, but this year, staying at Disneyland Hotel Sept 14-18, DH and I are taking our 18 year old grandson as a graduation present. 57 days!!
Like you, we're WDW regulars, but my sis and I are also going to DL in Sept. It'll be her first visit, and I can't wait to show her Walt's original park!! :yay:

Anyone know if something is happening with Ariel's Grotto? My 60-day mark for reservations is about to open up and I was checking random days to see availability and saw that Ariel's Grotto only goes until September 14 whereas all the other restaurants have opened reservations through the 18th. I think Ariel's Grotto was closed for a refurb earlier this year, so I wouldn't think they'd be closed again, but I have no clue. Maybe it's just a glitch? Of course we are traveling with 2 young girls and plan to do the character lunch so it would be disappointing if they were closed. I haven't called yet, but might when my window opens for reservations.

Anyone know if something is happening with Ariel's Grotto? My 60-day mark for reservations is about to open up and I was checking random days to see availability and saw that Ariel's Grotto only goes until September 14 whereas all the other restaurants have opened reservations through the 18th. I think Ariel's Grotto was closed for a refurb earlier this year, so I wouldn't think they'd be closed again, but I have no clue. Maybe it's just a glitch? Of course we are traveling with 2 young girls and plan to do the character lunch so it would be disappointing if they were closed. I haven't called yet, but might when my window opens for reservations.

That is strange, maybe it's just a glitch. They just had an extended refurb before opening back up in February, I can't imagine they would do that again.

Checking in! My family and I will be there Sept 17-20. We are staying at DLH (first time on property!) and are excited to Disneybound for our first Dapper Day!

Ok, just looked again and Ariel's Grotto is accepting reservations for the 18th. Looks like September 15, 16, 17 are grayed out though.

Ok, just looked again and Ariel's Grotto is accepting reservations for the 18th. Looks like September 15, 16, 17 are grayed out though.

I just checked that too. I wonder what they're doing those days. Odd.

Checking in! My family and I will be there Sept 17-20. We are staying at DLH (first time on property!) and are excited to Disneybound for our first Dapper Day!

Me too! Really excited and am planning to dress for Dapper Day.
I've been at WDW during some dapper days but didn't know ahead of time.
Started feverisly searching for something to wear...LOL

I'll be there September 2-8! I'm running the 5k and Half Marathon ... and I'm eating at the Chef's Counter at Napa Rose! I can't decide what I'm most excited about!

This will be my second trip - I went solo last summer, but this year my husband, my parents and our best couple friend and their daughter are joining us.

Well, we're six months out from (part of) our trip. That means we get schedules and stuff! Right? Well, kinda.

Disneyland's website doesn't have park hours up yet for the first part of Sep, but they do have info for the first-third. I'm excited, because it says that Paint the Night will go on at 8pm each of those nights, and Disneyland Forever fireworks will go on at 8:35 each of those nights. Weeknight fireworks in September! Woo!

Also, because I'm a huge nerd and just way too excited, I looked up weather information. accuweather.com has what I like to call a "way-too-early" forecast for the first-fifth. Link below, but let's just say it beats this Oklahoma weather of 99 every day.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/anaheim-ca/92805/september-weather/327150

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter