September 2015 Car Rental Watch

I got an email from Hotwire yesterday, clicked through to car rentals. Gave all the info, location, dates etc... then it has a box to ask your car company preferences. I clicked Alamo, entered the coupon and contract info, and then it brought me to the cars i could rent along with their prices. I selected the minivan. Hope this helps you, it is much easier to do than it sounds.

Seeing some lower rates this morning for early September. Thrift/dollar weekly rate has dropped to $94 after taxes for a compact and $99 midsize through Capital One. There's also an SUV for $135 and minivan for $160.

Last edited:
Seeing some lower rates this morning for early September. Thrift/dollar weekly rate has dropped to $94 after taxes for a compact and $99 midsize through Capital One. There's also an SUV for $135 and minivan for $160.

How are you getting 160 for a mini van after taxes

I got an email from Hotwire yesterday, clicked through to car rentals. Gave all the info, location, dates etc... then it has a box to ask your car company preferences. I clicked Alamo, entered the coupon and contract info, and then it brought me to the cars i could rent along with their prices. I selected the minivan. Hope this helps you, it is much easier to do than it sounds.

Thanks!!

Thanks for the heads up re Alamo! I was able to save $80 on my previously booked Rav4...used the Costco code both times, but their rates must have dropped for a short time today. $159 for a Sat to Sat, 2nd driver free with Costco.

You are welcome - my minivan rental is for 9 days. I check often to watch the rates.

Last edited:
Right now Dollar Fullsize for 9/25-10/6 = $208 with their Florida specials rate
I have Alamo booked for same dates with $30 off Visa coupon and the BJs code for $241
Savings of $33
Hoping Alamo lowers their rates as I much prefer Alamo.

The only direction I keep seeing for my September and October rentals is UP lately. I'm happy with my price, but would love to save more.

I'm seeing a drop in the Alamo rates this morning (for my Sept 22-Oct 2 rental)
With Costco discount and $30 Visa coupon, I just re-booked a mid-size for $139.23 all in for the 10 days (this is down $45 from my previous booking).
Also found the Premium dropped a whole bunch and now within my comfort range $184.93 all in for the 10 days ($33 less than the Full-size that I had booked previously).
If you're on a tight budget, Compact comes out to $124.72

My rate a Alamo dropped today also. I will be picking up my car this Saturday for an 8-day rental. Using the double upgrade Alamo code and the Costco code my price had been $161 with an upgrade to a Standard, today using the same codes My 8-day rental price is $125 for a Standard.

My rates with Alamo for a 9/18-9/28 rental are still the same. I booked a few months ago with a decent rate but I was really hoping they would start to drop.

My rates with Alamo for a 9/18-9/28 rental are still the same. I booked a few months ago with a decent rate but I was really hoping they would start to drop.

Rates have just started to drop again for my trip beginning the 6th, so you might have better luck in a week or so

Mine had dropped a bit earlier, but nothing like others are reporting. Right now I have a much better deal with Budget, but I prefer Alamo. Good luck.

My dates are 9/10 to 9/23 and I've had the same rate since booking. No drops at all. Using the passholder rate and $30 coupon for a standard and my quote is $226. I tried the upgrade coupon but it was higher. 2 weeks left to watch. This is also with Alamo.

I also have 2 wks left and rates are higher now than when I booked. Still hoping for some last minute drops.

BTW when I searched Hotwire, there was a message stating that "demand at MCO is high in September." Is that a message that always pops up for MCO or is this just a busy year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter