September 2015 Car Rental Watch

My husband and I have been thinking about getting a Costco membership for a while and with the extra discount available on our rental, it looks like something we want to do. However, to be eligible for this code do we have to buy a certain membership? Or does the standard membership to Costco work. Thanks!

My husband and I have been thinking about getting a Costco membership for a while and with the extra discount available on our rental, it looks like something we want to do. However, to be eligible for this code do we have to buy a certain membership? Or does the standard membership to Costco work. Thanks!

Standard Membership ... works for me (5+ years)

Just reserved a compact on Priceline for 10 days with Economy Car Rental at $117.14 taxes and fees included. It pays to keep looking.
WOO-HOO!

Standard Membership ... works for me (5+ years)
Both work but always go for the executive membership. Executive membership cost more but you get a rebate check back at the end of your year. If your earned rebate doesn't equal the difference in the two memberships- they give you the difference:)

Both work but always go for the executive membership. Executive membership cost more but you get a rebate check back at the end of your year. If your earned rebate doesn't equal the difference in the two memberships- they give you the difference:)

OK, I'm going to hijack a thread again...

Do you have to do something to get the difference back? Last year, we did the executive membership. Although we used Costco for cruises, car rentals, and online purchases, we don't live near a Costco and spent very little in the actual warehouse. My rebate was around $3. This year, I just got the standard membership.

The carrier was ECONOMY CAR RENTAL and the dates were 9/27 to 10/6 via Priceline's web site.

The carrier was ECONOMY CAR RENTAL and the dates were 9/27 to 10/6 via Priceline's web site.

If you got Economy, it sounds like you just did a standard rental rather than name your own price? I don't think Economy is on the NYOP list

OK, I'm going to hijack a thread again...

Do you have to do something to get the difference back? Last year, we did the executive membership. Although we used Costco for cruises, car rentals, and online purchases, we don't live near a Costco and spent very little in the actual warehouse. My rebate was around $3. This year, I just got the standard membership.
Wow:( I wonder if they changed their policy. I will ask next time I am there.

Just reserved a compact on Priceline for 10 days with Economy Car Rental at $117.14 taxes and fees included. It pays to keep looking.
WOO-HOO!

If you got Economy, it sounds like you just did a standard rental rather than name your own price? I don't think Economy is on the NYOP list
Looks like he has a Compact booked from Economy Rent A Car, it's an off airport company right beside Advantage rent a car. I thought they even shared a shuttle

Last edited:
I received and email from Dollar that its 25% pre pay, but the email did not have a coupon code, if you go to the website under specials/ deals, their is not a code there either. How do I get or see the discount.

I received and email from Dollar that its 25% pre pay, but the email did not have a coupon code, if you go to the website under specials/ deals, their is not a code there either. How do I get or see the discount.

It could be its just calculated in to the rates you see. I got the same email, but as soon as I saw 'Prepay', I deleted it.

I am leaving in almost 4 days and i just checked for last minute special with Alamo...Got a compact for 11 days for total $118.23...down from $155.53 Economy!!! I AM THRILLED!!!!! :woohoo::cool1:

Congratulations, that's a great rate! We're seeing some nice price drops very close to departure date and I'd expect that to continue.

WOO-HOO!

If your Priceline isn't a prepay, do you have the right to cancel if you find something better? Boardwalk Gal has an equivalent rate with Alamo, which has the HUGE advantage of onsite at the airport. I'm not sure how Economy works, but you're looking at getting a shuttle to the rental location from MCO and doing the reverse on the way back.

You have to click the link in the email and enter your Dollar Express id to see the discount.

I'm still 3+ weeks out, but I was able to lower my Alamo for 5 days to $65.31 base/$88.62 total for a compact (Costco discounts) from $74.88/$104.48. Perfectly content with that, but those of you getting close are seeing even better.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter