September 2015 Car Rental Watch

Okay, sorry, I think I got it. I have to go to the alamo website and enter in a costco id (7015309) in the contract code. It says my visa coupon code (AD2338FDF) does not have the specific day of week overnight requirement. Am I doing something wrong?

Can someone please help me? I went on to the costco site to book the car based on everyone's posts, but how is everyone using the codes? There doesn't seem to be a place to insert them.

ETA: I have a costco membership and a visa card.

Costco code, from their website is 7014627. you put that code and the Visa Code (ad2338fdf) into the Alamo website coupon boxes. The Visa code goes in the top box, the Costco code in the second, I believe.

Okay, sorry, I think I got it. I have to go to the alamo website and enter in a costco id (7015309) in the contract code. It says my visa coupon code (AD2338FDF) does not have the specific day of week overnight requirement. Am I doing something wrong?

I think to use that code you have to have a Saturday night rental in your reservation.

Now I have a dilemma... DD25, who has the reservation in her name, just informed me that her credit card is a MasterCard! She does have a Visa, but it only has a small amount of room on it (not enough for any holds but enough for the $84 rental). Does anyone know if she can use the MasterCard for any holds, then pay with her Visa to be able to use the Visa code?

Ah, no wonder. That explains why I can't get it. Thanks!

Looks like I'm stuck with only the costco discount then. :(
Try the Alamo Double Upgrade coupon code AU4224FDC
It can save you some money and/or get you a larger vehicle class if you can't find any $$ off coupon codes for your rental
Compact upgrades to Standard (which is technically Full-size at MCO)
Mid size to Full size

Quick note: I just got back and although I DO have a Costco membership, no one ever asked me for it. Not on the site or when picking up the car.

Last edited:

7 passenger mini-van: P/U & D/O @ SFB, 9/27 thru 10/4 thru Alamo using insider log on and $30 off (AD2338fdf) for $192.58!!

hi everyone. I looked over a couple codes but it just doesn't work for the dates I am hoping on traveling. We might be planning on making a quick trip to Orlando flying in 9/30 at 7am and planning on returning the car on 10/2 at 7pm. Its only 2.5 days, a lot of the coupons only work on weekly rates. Does anyone know of any good coupons to get a low rate? any car would work.

Quick note: I just got back and although I DO have a Costco membership, no one ever asked me for it. Not on the site or when picking up the car.

We just got back too (turned the car in last night), and no one ever asked us either. We bypassed the 30 person deep line and checked in at the empty kiosk (Alamo). Added the 2nd driver right there, printed our receipt and right out to the garage. Very nice lady met us as we were rolling our luggage in and directed us to our row to pick our car. We took a Chevy Malibu. It was very nice, but was a tad tight for 3 adults in the back seat. There were no mini vans in the full size row. Stopped at the gate on the way out, showed the licenses of both drivers and the printed receipt from the kiosk. Then we were on our way.

Checking back in was a breeze too. Followed the Alamo signs in the rental car return area, directed to pull up behind a line of cars. Another nice lady walked around the car looking at it, we got our luggage out, she confirmed our rental amount, gave me the receipt and we headed into the airport. No one ever asked for Costco card or proof of insurance. :)

We leave tomorrow. If we check in online today, can we go straight to the garage? Will I be able to print something out? We have the Insider membership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter