September 2015 Car Rental Watch

I searched this UA code and seems that it still works. One site says it expires Dec 2015 BUT Alamos website and old cached site says it expires June 2014. I think also UA is no longer partnered with Alamo? Even searching car rentals on UA site its only 3 other companies but not Alamo.

Will Alamo honor this code?

So I don't think we will be using that united code :(

I understand where you're coming from. I hate to use codes that I can't justify. Alamo is usually pretty good about rejecting expired codes when you go to make the reservation. But, the Alamo reservation takes this code and gives the discount, so I have every reason to expect it will be honored.

Using all of your wonderful information, I was just able to change our Alamo reservation (full size car from 9/25-10/10) from our previous total of $304 down to $225! This was using the Costco code and the $30 off coupon. We have been counting down to this trip for over a year and this last minute savings was an unexpected bonus! A BIG thanks to everyone who posted info on this thread!

WE ARE IN THE TEENS TOMORROW!!!

awdwnut

That's great, but don't stop looking now. It seems some of the better discounts have been inside two weeks up to just a couple days before the trip.

So we are taking a last minute trip 9/24-9/28, just DH and I. Flying into MCO, staying offsite. I am one who always keeps checking up until the last day on our rental car and we prefer Alamo. I am using a $15 off coupon right now and the Southwest code. Is there a valid $30 coupon out there? Also any better codes? Not a member of Costco. My DSIL is one but is meeting us there on a different flight. I don't want to use it and be asked for the card. We probably want a full size. Tried looking through here but this thread is long. BTW our current rate is $101 all in, which is fine, but can always do better right? :upsidedow

So we are taking a last minute trip 9/24-9/28, just DH and I. Flying into MCO, staying offsite. I am one who always keeps checking up until the last day on our rental car and we prefer Alamo. I am using a $15 off coupon right now and the Southwest code. Is there a valid $30 coupon out there? Also any better codes? Not a member of Costco. My DSIL is one but is meeting us there on a different flight. I don't want to use it and be asked for the card. We probably want a full size. Tried looking through here but this thread is long. BTW our current rate is $101 all in, which is fine, but can always do better right? :upsidedow

If you have a Capital One rewards card, you can get a full size for $89 on your dates

Can you use the $30 visa coupon? Ad2338fdf. You have to pay with your visa I guess. We always do. Also there is a wdw passholder rate that is pretty good if you're a passholder.

No need to look thru the whole thread. This one and all the other dated rental car threads are the same. Almost all posts up til about a month before is complaining about how high rates are then the last month there's a change to some very good deals. In your case, its more important to keep looking than to worry about what codes to use. You will likely see your best rates starting in a week or so. I'm arriving two days before you and I'm starting to see some nice drops, but expecting or at least hoping for even better.

As far as codes go, the Visa code is good (that should appear in the last page or two of this post) and I'm using a United Airlines code (AD2492ACX) for $30. If you use that, I'd advise you to be a member of United's MileagePlus (free). You do not actually have to fly on UAL. You're on the cusp of a weekly rate, so I'm not sure if you'll qualify for the "one free day" rates that are out there, but you can try them.

Main thing is to keep looking as your trip approaches, right up to departure day.

Thanks everyone. I don't have Capitol One. I will check with my CitiBank card. I can't use the Visa coupon because I don't have enough days. I will try the UA code but it may have the same condition. I will keep checking, good to know you are seeing lower rates! :)

So we just landed at FLL airport and Alamo upgraded us from a full size to a mini van at no charge! $90, all in, for 8 days with a mini van!

I should purchase a lottery ticket!

School is back in. Slow demand for large vehicles at FLL.

We leave in 2 days and no drops for me so far. Actually the current rate is $12 higher. I'm still happy with my $226 rate for standard for 13 days. Not as good had I been a costco member, but currently the difference is only $9. Since I don't use Alamo that often, it's not worth it for us to join (we are National Executive members, but National rates are double right now. so using Alamo is always my backup). I often snicker when I read post from so many who tell folks not to worry, the rate will drop right before you leave. I've not experienced that ever and we rent about 8-10 times a year. I would love to eat my words though, so I will be watching up until tomorrow night when I'll go online and checkin for my rental. Good luck to all those still watching! I was hoping once we got past the Labor day weekend, things would get even lower, but it's all good. I can't complain -- after all I'll be on the Disney Fantasy for a week and at OKW 2 days prior and at BWV 4 days after the cruise!!

So, I booked a "standard" Alamo for my dates (9/17 - 9/23) using the visa code. Total cost is $121.95. From what was said on here that will get me a full size, correct? I'm going to hold on to my Dollar "lock, low and go", but I'm starting to think the $30 more for a guaranteed full size car is worth it.

Just added the AP code for Alamo to my rental and got the price down another $5. $115.28.

We leave in 2 days and no drops for me so far. Actually the current rate is $12 higher. I'm still happy with my $226 rate for standard for 13 days. Not as good had I been a costco member, but currently the difference is only $9. Since I don't use Alamo that often, it's not worth it for us to join (we are National Executive members, but National rates are double right now. so using Alamo is always my backup). I often snicker when I read post from so many who tell folks not to worry, the rate will drop right before you leave. I've not experienced that ever and we rent about 8-10 times a year. I would love to eat my words though, so I will be watching up until tomorrow night when I'll go online and checkin for my rental. Good luck to all those still watching! I was hoping once we got past the Labor day weekend, things would get even lower, but it's all good. I can't complain -- after all I'll be on the Disney Fantasy for a week and at OKW 2 days prior and at BWV 4 days after the cruise!!

Well I'm sitting here eating my words now!! My rate just dropped by $40! The passholder code and $30 coupon is getting me the same price as the Costco code and coupon. I dropped from $226 to $186.

I booked a standard.....does that still get you a full size at MCO. I could just upgrade to a full size for a few dollars more. I'm happy to finally after many months see my rate drop with only 1 more day to watch! Whew!!

Well I'm sitting here eating my words now!! My rate just dropped by $40! The passholder code and $30 coupon is getting me the same price as the Costco code and coupon. I dropped from $226 to $186.

I booked a standard.....does that still get you a full size at MCO. I could just upgrade to a full size for a few dollars more. I'm happy to finally after many months see my rate drop with only 1 more day to watch! Whew!!

Everyone assures me that a standard gets you a full size from Alamo at MCO. I'm looking forward to finding out next week!

I booked a full size at Alamo because it was the same price as standard. Maybe thats what they meant? Im there Sat am.

So I forget how this works because we usually book a minivan. But if we are Alamo Insiders, we can book a standard and then pick a full size if available? Are they in the same aisle? I can save an additional $8 by doing this; not much but better than nothing! :cool1:

I hope to eat my words too! I've been searching and haven't had a price drop since the great Florida surcharge fiasco. But, mine is a one-way that doesn't involve MCO and I only have a few days left.

So I forget how this works because we usually book a minivan. But if we are Alamo Insiders, we can book a standard and then pick a full size if available? Are they in the same aisle? I can save an additional $8 by doing this; not much but better than nothing! :cool1:

At MCO, according to recent reports, there is no standard aisle. There is only a full size aisle that has standard and full size (and sometimes other classes) cars.

$186 for a standard for 13 days sounds great. You're probably at your lowest, but that's not bad at all.

The last I rented from Alamo at MCO, standard and full-size shared the same aisle. I don't know if that is still the case, but I imagine so. I'd just book whichever was the lower rate. Have a great trip!

My 9/17-9/23 Alamo full size rental using Costco code and Visa code dropped this morning from $90.14 to $86.74. Not a lot, but I will take it and keep checking. :) And DD25 got our Costco card last night. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter