****September 2013 - LIST STARTED! - Join me in planning and counting down!!****

Please add me Sept 6th thru the 15th. We are booked at POP but are debating an upgrade to Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! Hoping for a great room discount! TIA! :thumbsup2

Hello from York County, PA!! Nice to see another "PA-er" going in September!! We're going 18-24 and are staying at the Poly!! Hope you have a great trip and that we can both get thru the next 8 months!!!! :thumbsup2

hebbynan said:
Hello from York County, PA!! Nice to see another "PA-er" going in September!! We're going 18-24 and are staying at the Poly!! Hope you have a great trip and that we can both get thru the next 8 months!!!! :thumbsup2

We will be there sept 19-27, add another PA-er heading down, from Hershey! We are driving, staying at POFQ, can't wait!!!

We will be there sept 19-27, add another PA-er heading down, from Hershey! We are driving, staying at POFQ, can't wait!!!

Oh man. Have fun driving. Hubby and I drove to Miami last October for a cruise. I'm not in a hurry to make that drive again . Although I think the worst of the traffic was on 95 around Baltimore. Have a safe drive!

We are looking forward to the adventure...with 7 going its just too much to fly. I remember driving with my parents in high school and they swore they'd never do it again, lol. We are leaving at 2am so we miss the rush hour traffic around DC and Richmond...I think the ride down will go quick, but we will drag coming home.

We are looking forward to the adventure...with 7 going its just too much to fly. I remember driving with my parents in high school and they swore they'd never do it again, lol. We are leaving at 2am so we miss the rush hour traffic around DC and Richmond...I think the ride down will go quick, but we will drag coming home.

we drive from MA every year.. the drive down is a cake walk..the drive home sucks..lol

That's a good time to leave. And by the time you get down around Balt/Wash the drunks should be off the road. We pulled our camper one year and weren't on 95 for more than 5 minutes when a drunk driver slammed into the back of the camper. Thank God my DH was able to keep it from fish tailing and luckily the damage missed all the plumbing completely. With a lot of duct tape, a police report and 2 hours on the side of the road, we were on our way. It did mean another trip to Baltimore later that year for a court date with the driver, but all in all, it wasn't too bad. But you're totally right about the drive home. You have the excitement going down, but coming back you're just majorly bummed.

I'll be up your way in about a week - making a trip to the Chocolate Spa!! Ahhhhh I love it there (but not as much as I love Disney! :lmao:)

Planning on going the 7-16 for Mickey's Circus! Probably staying at POFQ. Can't wait. Hope to get free dining!

hebbynan said:
That's a good time to leave. And by the time you get down around Balt/Wash the drunks should be off the road. We pulled our camper one year and weren't on 95 for more than 5 minutes when a drunk driver slammed into the back of the camper. Thank God my DH was able to keep it from fish tailing and luckily the damage missed all the plumbing completely. With a lot of duct tape, a police report and 2 hours on the side of the road, we were on our way. It did mean another trip to Baltimore later that year for a court date with the driver, but all in all, it wasn't too bad. But you're totally right about the drive home. You have the excitement going down, but coming back you're just majorly bummed.

I'll be up your way in about a week - making a trip to the Chocolate Spa!! Ahhhhh I love it there (but not as much as I love Disney! :lmao:)

That is awful about your camper. But thank goodness it was attached cause the drunk may have hit you instead...

Love the Hotel Hershey!! Nothing like the chocolate spa :).

Also going in September, the 21-27th and staying at POFQ. This is our first trip to WDW and I am new to DIS. Lots to learn!
Can someone tell me how hot it is usually in September?
Also do we need to purchase tickets for the Halloween party?

wisconsinmama said:
Also going in September, the 21-27th and staying at POFQ. This is our first trip to WDW and I am new to DIS. Lots to learn!
Can someone tell me how hot it is usually in September?
Also do we need to purchase tickets for the Halloween party?

It is still fairly warm in September and you do have to purchase a separate ticket for the Halloween party. I would recommend not doing a park that day because the parties are exhausting and go from 4-12.

We are also going Sept 2013. Dates just firmed up as the week of the 15th. Waiting to book until SW releases Sept flights (Should be around Feb 4) Hoping for FD or some sort of discount. I called the Disney Reservation line and we DO have a FD pin attached to our name but its for Jan 2 through March 7 UGH! :(

Joining in! We will be arriving on 9/3 and departing 9/14. Splitting stays between AoA/AKL Jambo Villas/BLT. See ya real soon!

Me and the boyfriend are going from 1st to the 5th and staying at AoA!! Its our first visit and have no idea where to start when it comes to planing!

Me and the boyfriend are going from 1st to the 5th and staying at AoA!! Its our first visit and have no idea where to start when it comes to planing!

Let's start with food! Do you want a dining plan? It's a lot of food and we always forgo it because the cost does not outweigh what we will eat. It's just my husband and I (but I'll be solo on my next trip), no kids so I can be of some service in that area!

Let's start with food! Do you want a dining plan? It's a lot of food and we always forgo it because the cost does not outweigh what we will eat. It's just my husband and I (but I'll be solo on my next trip), no kids so I can be of some service in that area!

We're doing the dinning plan so i guess its just deciding where to eat i guess?
But i don't know anything about the different parades/fireworks. Is there a 2013 programme out yet for Sept?

We're doing the dinning plan so i guess its just deciding where to eat i guess?
But i don't know anything about the different parades/fireworks. Is there a 2013 programme out yet for Sept?

You'll definitely want to check out Easywdw.com for food choices. He has a HUGE inventory and is always updating it. He makes sure to include what is and isn't on the dining plan and what's the best value. It'll be under Menus and Seating on the right hand side. As far as a schedule goes there is not one just yet for September 2013 but it will likely be out early February, most likely the 2nd week.

For fireworks you have Illuminations at Epcot, Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios and Wishes at Magic Kingdom. The Animal Kingdom does not have a nightly show as it closes early. You can find an entire list of rides and shows here. He's pretty detailed!

Please add me Sept 6th thru the 15th. We are booked at POP but are debating an upgrade to Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! Hoping for a great room discount! TIA! :thumbsup2

We are contemplating these dates as well, but Im a little freaked out by the weather. I see you have been to WDW quite a few times in September. Can you tell me if you have ever had a wash out? Whats the weather usually like? Im SO afraid its going to rain the whole time!!! I was thinking of switching to October because if this. :confused3

We are contemplating these dates as well, but Im a little freaked out by the weather. I see you have been to WDW quite a few times in September. Can you tell me if you have ever had a wash out? Whats the weather usually like? Im SO afraid its going to rain the whole time!!! I was thinking of switching to October because if this. :confused3

We went the first week of September in 2008 and it only rained one day and was over probably by 3:00pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter