****September 2013 - LIST STARTED! - Join me in planning and counting down!!****

Wow! Lots of people joining us this week. I think I have everyone added. Just let me know if something isn't correct.

Also, a reminder that if you are on Facebook we have a September page going so come join us! The link is in the first post of this thread.

Hi Everyone! We will be there Sept 2nd - 10th at WL to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary! So excited to be heading back. I did the marathon in January and it was such a short trip with very little park time that DH totally suprised me with a "let's check out the bounce back offer for a trip in September"! :cool1: Can't wait!!

I'd love to join the Facebook group, but since we are surprising the kids I don't want to blow it by having my son who is also on FB seeing that I just joined the sept 2013 Disney group, lol.

I'd love to join the Facebook group, but since we are surprising the kids I don't want to blow it by having my son who is also on FB seeing that I just joined the sept 2013 Disney group, lol.

Ahhh, modern technology - making it harder to hide stuff from your kids!

Remember when the only way to find out things like this was by a parental slip up? Now we have facebook! LOL

The group is a closed group if that helps. He shouldn't see anything about it in his feed unless he's in it too.

We are confirmed for our trip dates! 9/21 - 9/27 at CSR. Please update the OP accordingly for me. Thanks!

So I toned down the disney for about five months, and now I am ready for full planning mode to begin!!! Only a month and a half until dining reservations and I am so excited!
Been working on a bunch of crafty things for our trip and would love to post some. Yesterday's project was a chore system for my Little ones to help "earn" their trip. We're calling it the "Mickey's Helper System" and I have a bunch of cute printable to go along with it going up on my blog later today! So excited to get down to planning again!

Just booked our trip for Sept 8-15 Club level at the Poly! Yea for the 35% off pin!!!! Will have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and a 6 month old daughter....should be interest LOL

Just booked yesterday for Sep 14-21st @ Wyndahm Bonnet Creek to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary :love: We've been to WDW once before in 2000 when I graduated high school. I am very much hoping for some good pool lounging weather :) Primary objective for this trip is to relax and enjoy some adult time without the kids.

We are at CSR Sept. 15-24! So excited about our upcoming trip...cannot wait to be there!!

However...one question...I was reading another thread about the September weather. What can I really expect, weather-wise, for the time of our visit??

We are at CSR Sept. 15-24! So excited about our upcoming trip...cannot wait to be there!!

However...one question...I was reading another thread about the September weather. What can I really expect, weather-wise, for the time of our visit??

It will be really hot and humid but the pay off is lower crowds. We have only been rained on a few times and when it did rain it never lasted for more than an hour.

It will be really hot and humid but the pay off is lower crowds. We have only been rained on a few times and when it did rain it never lasted for more than an hour.

So, from what you're saying, it's the typical June-August daily 3-4pm shower!! LOL The one time we went in June, we had a 30minute rain shower every day between 3 and 4pm. All the showers really accomplished was to make it even MORE humid!! :lmao: Don't plan on them to cool you off!

We'll be glad for the hot and humid this time though.....up here in PA by mid September it starts to cool off and the humidity is usually gone. But I'm ALL ABOUT the lower crowds!! Ready to have really low wait times and the boys will be ready to miss some school (although they'll only have been back for 3 weeks! LOL).

hebbynan said:
So, from what you're saying, it's the typical June-August daily 3-4pm shower!! LOL The one time we went in June, we had a 30minute rain shower every day between 3 and 4pm. All the showers really accomplished was to make it even MORE humid!! :lmao: Don't plan on them to cool you off!

We'll be glad for the hot and humid this time though.....up here in PA by mid September it starts to cool off and the humidity is usually gone. But I'm ALL ABOUT the lower crowds!! Ready to have really low wait times and the boys will be ready to miss some school (although they'll only have been back for 3 weeks! LOL).

What part of PA are you from? We are in Hershey...going down sept 19-28. Kids don't know about it...can't wait to surprise them!! Although its killing me not having them get excited with me and DH.

hebbynan said:

I'm with you about the lower crowds!!!

When I was a kid we went down to FL a couple of days after Christmas almost every year and the couple of times we went to MK it was just miserable! I vowed not to take my own kids until they were old enough to remember how miserable it was so they wouldn't beg to go all the time!!

That was before I visited on one of the lower crowd months (Feb) and then I realized how TOTALLY AWESOME WDW can be!! Now I can't wait to share this place with my kids!

I just wanted to be aware of the temps to plan for...sounds like shorts, mister fans and a poncho will do us just fine...I'm definitely willing to take on the heat and humidity in exchange for the lower crowd levels...I have been scarred for life when it comes to visiting too close to a holiday!!

What part of PA are you from? We are in Hershey...going down sept 19-28. Kids don't know about it...can't wait to surprise them!! Although its killing me not having them get excited with me and DH.

I'm in York County - Dallastown, more specifically. I will be in Herhsey Monday at the Spa!! Mmmm...chocolate! HEY - we'll be there the same time period....we're going the 18-24 and staying at the Poly for the very first time! Are you flying and if so, what airport? We're leaving out of BWI - it's only a 45 minute drive south for us. We've gone out of Harrisburg before, but it's getting very hard to get direct flights from there.:furious:

I'm with you about the lower crowds!!!

When I was a kid we went down to FL a couple of days after Christmas almost every year and the couple of times we went to MK it was just miserable! I vowed not to take my own kids until they were old enough to remember how miserable it was so they wouldn't beg to go all the time!!

That was before I visited on one of the lower crowd months (Feb) and then I realized how TOTALLY AWESOME WDW can be!! Now I can't wait to share this place with my kids!

I just wanted to be aware of the temps to plan for...sounds like shorts, mister fans and a poncho will do us just fine...I'm definitely willing to take on the heat and humidity in exchange for the lower crowd levels...I have been scarred for life when it comes to visiting too close to a holiday!!

We've been down in June, October, November, December and January. October USED to be slower, but the last few times it was awful. And I'm not in a hurry to go around Christmas ever again. For some reason, it didn't seem Christmasy down there. I think my favorite holiday at WDW is Halloween. January was nice, but a tad on the cold side for me - highs were in the upper 50's. And there were a lot of Brazilian Teens! I can't wait to try September!! Here's to low crowds for ALL of us!

hebbynan said:
I'm in York County - Dallastown, more specifically. I will be in Herhsey Monday at the Spa!! Mmmm...chocolate! HEY - we'll be there the same time period....we're going the 18-24 and staying at the Poly for the very first time! Are you flying and if so, what airport? We're leaving out of BWI - it's only a 45 minute drive south for us. We've gone out of Harrisburg before, but it's getting very hard to get direct flights from there.:furious:

I really should pay attention, lol. Didn't realize that you were the same person from PA as the one on the previous page, I'm not too observant.

We are driving down. It will definitely be an adventure. But we have 7 of us going (me, My husband, 4 kids and my mom) so flying would be soooo expensive. Staying at POFQ. We stayed there in '06 and loved it. Hoping for free dining.

How about the wind today?? It's crazy!! Enjoy the spa on Monday. I could totally use a spa day with lunch on the oasis...

I really should pay attention, lol. Didn't realize that you were the same person from PA as the one on the previous page, I'm not too observant.

We are driving down. It will definitely be an adventure. But we have 7 of us going (me, My husband, 4 kids and my mom) so flying would be soooo expensive. Staying at POFQ. We stayed there in '06 and loved it. Hoping for free dining.

How about the wind today?? It's crazy!! Enjoy the spa on Monday. I could totally use a spa day with lunch on the oasis...

OH man...well, I didn't realize that either! :rotfl: Guess we're both not paying attention...we did have the driving discussion earlier!!!
Mmmm the Oasis.....the best part is the DESSERT!!! And yes, this wind can go away!! I want yesterday's 60 degree temps back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter