• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****September 2013 - LIST STARTED! - Join me in planning and counting down!!****

It is September!!!!! One year from today I will be going to WDW :cool1:

Can't wait until tomorrow when my ticker drops that "1 Year" part.

That is always a wonderful feeling! It just seems more real when you are under a year! I can't wait for mine to get there too ;)

Mrs Grumpy said:
It is September!!!!! One year from today I will be going to WDW :cool1:

Can't wait until tomorrow when my ticker drops that "1 Year" part.

Hooray!!!!

Can you take me off the list?? We decided next September is too long to wait! We were planning on going to disney every 2 years, but I think we're going to change it to more like every 18ish months. :) We're heading down in February next year, then I think we're going to try for November for the Christmas festivities in 2014.

Happy Planning guys!

:cool1:DH and I are planning to return to POFQ in September next year. We've been the past 2 years and I am going through withdrawal this year! LOL! Not sure yet on the dates. I'm trying to decide if I want to go over my birthday and take advantage of the Labor Day holiday (one less vacation day I need to use) or if we want to go the following week. Also hoping for a free dining plan, so we are staying flexible for now.:yay:

I'm booked! I'm booked! I'm booked! :hyper: We are officially booked for the Polynesian Resort September 7 - 14, 2013! I'm so freakin' excited! The best part...I get to share it with a TON o' people!

-Me, DH (will celebrate 30th b-day), DD (will celebrate 5th birthday)
-My parents
-DH's mom, step-dad, and brother (22)
-DH's dad and step-mom (yeah, we all get along like that!)
-My aunt (dad's sister) and two cousins (28 & 23)
-My aunt (mom's sister) and uncle
-Friends of the family w/ two kids (Total of 4 people)

Did you get that head count? That's 19 people! Don't fret my friends...I encouraged separate touring and meeting for a few meals rather than do the group "all together" thing. Thank goodness, because I don't have the patience to stand around a park map for 20 minutes to decide what to do next! :crazy2:

I'm super excited to celebrate both DH and DD's birthdays (AND their first visits too!), plus my dad's birthday and DH's step-dad's first visit!

Whew! I'm winded...I just wrote this whole post in my high-pitched excited voice!

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

I would do a similar trip with my kids and their dad and step mom. We probably won't ever be best buds, but we do get along just fine. Makes it much easier on the kids (who are all now young adults!)

You can count my family in. We will be at POR from Sept 4th through Sept 11th next year. There will be six of us in two rooms. I can hardly wait its already been a year since the last time we were there.

Iamthequeen said:
Sounds like a wonderful trip!

I would do a similar trip with my kids and their dad and step mom. We probably won't ever be best buds, but we do get along just fine. Makes it much easier on the kids (who are all now young adults!)

It was a rough road, but we got to a great place! Thank goodness, now we can travel together like this! I just learned in the past few days that my cousin who lives in Florida as well as my godparents want to meet up with us one or two days to visit with my DD who they all don't see very often! Whew!

Hey everyone I will get the list updated soon. I am really depressed right now and can't get into the Disney mood. We had a lot of people laid off at work yesterday. Luckily I was not one of them.....yet. It is such a scary time. One of the ones that got laid off was a really good friend of mine who was also planning a trip to Disney next year. I feel so bad for her. I just pray it doesn't happen to me soon. I want to get excited about the trip but in the back of my head I am afraid I will have to cancel if something happens. This economy just sucks.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Mrs Grumpy said:
Hey everyone I will get the list updated soon. I am really depressed right now and can't get into the Disney mood. We had a lot of people laid off at work yesterday. Luckily I was not one of them.....yet. It is such a scary time. One of the ones that got laid off was a really good friend of mine who was also planning a trip to Disney next year. I feel so bad for her. I just pray it doesn't happen to me soon. I want to get excited about the trip but in the back of my head I am afraid I will have to cancel if something happens. This economy just sucks.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Sending you pixie dusted thoughts and prayers that you do not get laid off and the strength to be there for your friend and coworkers who did.

Mrs. Grumpy *fingers crossed* that all is well with your job! Did your friend cancel? If so I'm so very sorry. :(
We just booked 9/15/13-9/21/13 at the Beach Club

:cool1:DH and I are planning to return to POFQ in September next year. We've been the past 2 years and I am going through withdrawal this year! LOL! Not sure yet on the dates. I'm trying to decide if I want to go over my birthday and take advantage of the Labor Day holiday (one less vacation day I need to use) or if we want to go the following week. Also hoping for a free dining plan, so we are staying flexible for now.:yay:
Got you added! We will also be there over Labor Day weekend.

You can count my family in. We will be at POR from Sept 4th through Sept 11th next year. There will be six of us in two rooms. I can hardly wait its already been a year since the last time we were there.

We are hoping for free dining and if so we will upgrade to POR so maybe we will see you there!

Sending you pixie dusted thoughts and prayers that you do not get laid off and the strength to be there for your friend and coworkers who did.

Mrs. Grumpy *fingers crossed* that all is well with your job! Did your friend cancel? If so I'm so very sorry. :(
We just booked 9/15/13-9/21/13 at the Beach Club

Thanks it has been a really hard week. I will take all the pixie dust I can get to hopefully keep my job. I am just so depressed about it all right now. Looking up travel insurance now to see which ones will cover airline tickets if you have a job loss. Hopefully I am doing all this research for nothing.

Just had to post so I could say that one year from today my kids will be at Disney for the first time!!!!!!! I am so flipping excited about this! Anyone else think it feels more real when you are past the year mark?

Mrs Grumpy, I hope you don't lose your job! That would be just terrible! Sending good thoughts your way and hoping everything works out for you. My husband just recently got a job after 22 months of unemployment, so I know how scary it is, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I will be the first to admit that I am a bit of an over planner. I research, and plan, and change plans, and tweak so much that even my husband can hardly keep track! To keep myself from obsessing too much this early I have been working on some crafty things to fill some of the time. My first item of business was to create a planning journal/ smash book! Here is what I have done so far!
disneysmashbook010-1.jpg

That is the front cover. Tried to keep it simple on the front, as I suspect it will be getting a lot of handling!
disneysmashbook032-1.jpg

The back cover!
disneysmashbook024-1.jpg

My favorite page so far! You can also see the little tabs I made from some of those Disney paint samples.

I have a bunch more pictures if you want to see more. It has turned out so cute so far! I think my next project is going to be a countdown calender of some sort! Anyone else done anything crafty for their vacation?

I would love to be added to the list!
After cancelling this September due to baby on the way...we changed to May. And now after thinking long and hard, I really LOVE September...low crowds, MNSSHP...possible free dining...I am thinking of postponing May and doing September!

This will be DH's and our new baby's first trip so I am hoping for the best possible experience.

We don't have any dates pinned down yet, since we just decided to switch months. But we are leaning towards Pop or a Mod. Just not sure yet.

princessmommymouse------LOVE the planning book!! :love:

Just had to post so I could say that one year from today my kids will be at Disney for the first time!!!!!!! I am so flipping excited about this! Anyone else think it feels more real when you are past the year mark?

Mrs Grumpy, I hope you don't lose your job! That would be just terrible! Sending good thoughts your way and hoping everything works out for you. My husband just recently got a job after 22 months of unemployment, so I know how scary it is, wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I will take all the good thoughts you have! I am a really big worrier also so that doesn't help. I just hate the unknown. I am very comfortable in my job and am content to stay there forever. I have been there for 12 years so far. I just keep praying every night that everything will be OK.

I will be the first to admit that I am a bit of an over planner. I research, and plan, and change plans, and tweak so much that even my husband can hardly keep track! To keep myself from obsessing too much this early I have been working on some crafty things to fill some of the time. My first item of business was to create a planning journal/ smash book! Here is what I have done so far!
disneysmashbook010-1.jpg

That is the front cover. Tried to keep it simple on the front, as I suspect it will be getting a lot of handling!
disneysmashbook032-1.jpg

The back cover!
disneysmashbook024-1.jpg

My favorite page so far! You can also see the little tabs I made from some of those Disney paint samples.

I have a bunch more pictures if you want to see more. It has turned out so cute so far! I think my next project is going to be a countdown calender of some sort! Anyone else done anything crafty for their vacation?

I love it! Would love to see more pictures.
I would love to be added to the list!
After cancelling this September due to baby on the way...we changed to May. And now after thinking long and hard, I really LOVE September...low crowds, MNSSHP...possible free dining...I am thinking of postponing May and doing September!

This will be DH's and our new baby's first trip so I am hoping for the best possible experience.

We don't have any dates pinned down yet, since we just decided to switch months. But we are leaning towards Pop or a Mod. Just not sure yet.

princessmommymouse------LOVE the planning book!! :love:

Thanks for joining us! Congrats on the baby. I hope you can share some pics.

Got a little grumble that I have to get out.

My SIL has decided that they will not be joining us at Disney world.
That's fine, their loss, no skin off my nose.

However, instead, during the same dates, they will be going to Disneyland. And guess what, they are paying for my in-laws to join them! :furious:

SO ANGRY!!!!:headache:

We have been planning this trip for almost a year now, and my in-laws were fairly certain they could save up the money to join us. My husband is still in school, so we don't have a lot of money, and if we could help pay we would. It makes me so angry that just because my BIL makes five times as much as we do their kids get to experience Disney with their grandparents and ours do not.

Anyone else have someone like that in their family? Someone who has to out do you? Someone who has to take your plans and try to ruin them? :(

Got a little grumble that I have to get out.

My SIL has decided that they will not be joining us at Disney world.
That's fine, their loss, no skin off my nose.

However, instead, during the same dates, they will be going to Disneyland. And guess what, they are paying for my in-laws to join them! :furious:

SO ANGRY!!!!:headache:

We have been planning this trip for almost a year now, and my in-laws were fairly certain they could save up the money to join us. My husband is still in school, so we don't have a lot of money, and if we could help pay we would. It makes me so angry that just because my BIL makes five times as much as we do their kids get to experience Disney with their grandparents and ours do not.

Anyone else have someone like that in their family? Someone who has to out do you? Someone who has to take your plans and try to ruin them? :(

We don't have anyone in the family, but my boss seems to take my vacation ideas and books them about a month before we go. Happens every year.:sad2:

I'm sure you'll get another chance to get everyone to Disney World. The in-laws are just going to the Land, ya'll will be experiencing the World together. I would think they'd be way more wowed with Disney World!

We've booked for Sept 11th - 15th at the Polynesian. Can't wait to celebrate our 25th anniversary there.
OOPS...I'm booked Sept 8th - 13th, I was thinking of our Feb trip that may or may not happen (long story)

Just mad that they would decide not to join us AND book a different trip the same dates. If they were going any other dates I would be totally fine with it, but they HAD to choose the same ones. We have already requested time off, and booked our trip, so changing our dates is much more difficult. Plus I chose them for a reason, it has our unofficial anniversary during those dates, is low crowds, and value season prices, with a chance of free dining, and we get the Halloween party that my son has been asking to go to for TWO YEARS. My MIL is not super healthy, so scheduling it within two weeks either side would still mean they don't join us. :( They live in another state, and that was going to be the only time that year my kids got to see them.
Darn SIL just has to get everything her way, and she has the money to do it.

And seriously TEN DAYS at Disneyland???? That is just a recipe for boredom! You can almost do everything there is to do in three days during that time of the year! Spending twice as much, for half the parks just doesn't makes sense to me.

Just feel bad for my kids. They were looking forward to seeing Grammy and Grandpa even more than the Disney world part!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter