****September 2013 - LIST STARTED! - Join me in planning and counting down!!****

Wilderness Lodge 9/1-9/9.
It took me 39 years to get there, now our third year in a row going to WDW. I think I love it more than my kids.

Wilderness Lodge 9/1-9/9.
It took me 39 years to get there, now our third year in a row going to WDW. I think I love it more than my kids.

Glad you joined us! We always go in September also. We go every other year though.

Can't wait to do MNSSHP party again (if it starts the same week it normally does in 2013).

Glad you joined us! We always go in September also. We go every other year though.

I put the wrong dates. 2013 we will be at the WL 9/7-9/15/2013. I was thinking of our trip coming up. I apologize.

Can't wait to do MNSSHP party again (if it starts the same week it normally does in 2013).

We skipped MNSSHP last year and we regret it. 2013 we will not miss it again. Its worth the cost just for photo ops with the villians. We got a picture of my DD dressed as Snow White with the old witch handing her an apple.

So anything new with anyone? Now that the excitement of booking the trip is over. I did buy some shirts online from the disney store that were on sale. Put them back to wear on the trip. Next step will be watching airline prices this fall I guess. Will be glad when the ticker gets that "1 year" part off.

Will be glad when the ticker gets that "1 year" part off.

So agree!

As far as news... not much here. Been talking about our trip a bit with the boys. They are excited. Trying to get some other family members to join us on our trip. Looks like the in-laws are coming, and possibly my Brother-in-laws family, as their October Disneyland trip is starting to fall apart (no reservations, no money saved, etc). I'd love to have them, as long as they understand I don't want to be with them 24/7 on our first family vacation!

How did I miss this thread!? I'm here, I'm here!

So super excited. We have been discussing plans off and on, but now everyone but me is gone on vacation. Boo! Someone has to work to pay for WDW!!! :rotfl: I will join them in a couple of weeks for a quick visit with family and then drive home.

I found out today they may go to Legoland without me! At least its not Disneyland. That would NOT be allowed!

I can't wait to book our WDW trip! I continue to read trip reports and food reviews. This year is going to creep by!!! At least we have each other for support through this tortuous time. :thumbsup2

Oh, and in more unrelated news, I found out yesterday I have Mono! I guess it's good the family is gone so I can rest. (Or sit around and read DIS all night!) Better go sleep.:sad2:

How did I miss this thread!? I'm here, I'm here!

So super excited. We have been discussing plans off and on, but now everyone but me is gone on vacation. Boo! Someone has to work to pay for WDW!!! :rotfl: I will join them in a couple of weeks for a quick visit with family and then drive home.

I found out today they may go to Legoland without me! At least its not Disneyland. That would NOT be allowed!

I can't wait to book our WDW trip! I continue to read trip reports and food reviews. This year is going to creep by!!! At least we have each other for support through this tortuous time. :thumbsup2

Oh, and in more unrelated news, I found out yesterday I have Mono! I guess it's good the family is gone so I can rest. (Or sit around and read DIS all night!) Better go sleep.:sad2:

Glad you found us! This thread is has started off pretty slow. Hopefully it will pick up as we get closer. Sorry you are sick. Hope you get lots of rest while they are gone.

Maybe a slow Sept 2013 thread will mean we are the only ones in the parks and there are no lines. ;) One can always dream right. LOL

Maybe a slow Sept 2013 thread will mean we are the only ones in the parks and there are no lines. ;) One can always dream right. LOL

I wish! I won't complain about September though. I will take those 10 minute waits over the wait times they have during the summer.

I agree! The only time I have been to Disney World is the first week of June, it was hot, crowded, and I hardly rode anything at all due to a performing schedule I had to stick to (I was in a show choir).

When it came time to plan a trip for my family I was not going to mess with those kind of crowds with a 4 and almost 6 year old! So we chose September! It wasn't a hard sell when crowds are light, free dining is likely, AND I get to celebrate Friday the 13th at Disney World (my favorite day EVER!).

I've been working on setting up some family theme nights to introduce my boys to ALL the Disney movies before we go! Saturday will be our first one! We are doing them in the order they were released, so we are starting with Snow white. Making German food, Caramel apple slices (easier for little kids than a whole apple! Thank you pinterest!), cleaning the house, and watching the movie!

I also started a Disney Smash Book for our trip. It has turned out so cute so far! My boys are loving adding stickers to it! We put a few pictures of our resort in so far, so not much, but they have been asking to see their "Mickey Book" as they call it.

I hope it gets lively in here too! Think it is just kind of early. Bet we'll get some more once September comes and goes!

I think this next year will go by more quickly than I realize (that seems to happen with every vacation we plan). It does stink not going this September, since we've gone during that time 3 out of the last 4 years... but we took a cruise to Mexico back in April and are heading to Texas to visit my MIL in a couple of weeks.

I love the excitement of planning and whatnot when it comes to our Disney trips... deciding what restaurants we're going to revisit and what new restaurants we want to try. We play a "Where in the World am I" game with our girls from time to time. Kind of like 20 questions, but you put yourself in a park/on a ride or attraction/ or in a restaurant at one of the parks or DTD and everyone has to guys where in the world you are! :)

At our 100 day mark (which obviously won't be for a LONG time), we always have an O'Hana based dinner. I usually make a pork tenderloin and filet medalions on the grill, make a green salad with a sweet dressing, make lo-mein noodles, etc. Then, we usually watch a Disney movie, to get us even more in the mood (like I need any prodding to get excited about Disney) :rotfl2:

~Kelly

We are still trying to figure out when we are going. We were there Sept. 21-28 in 2011, and would like to go back around the same time, but I have to plan my vacation around a conference that some of my co-workers are going to. I can't have vacation the same time as them and the conference for 2013 is Sept. 27-Oct. 3. We are also trying to plan around when free dining might be offered.

Our youngest daughter starts school in 2013 and although we took our son out of school for a week right after he started with no issues, our daughter is very shy and I'm not sure if taking her out for 10 days will cause issues so early in the year. My husband also wants to wait for free dining to be released before we make any reservations, but I'm worried about ADR's.

So many decisions!

Welcome 3monkey. It's nice to hear from someone who has been that time of year. This will be our first WDW and I really don't want to deal with crowds. How were the wait times when you went.

You also bring up a very important factor that I should have thought about. I have a conference that I will attend annually for my new job and that hadn't clicked in yet. I better double check my dates vs 2013 conference dates! I think I'll be Ok. But I'll probably be getting home to turn around and leave again. Whew, can you say tired!

Welcome 3monkey. It's nice to hear from someone who has been that time of year. This will be our first WDW and I really don't want to deal with crowds. How were the wait times when you went.

You also bring up a very important factor that I should have thought about. I have a conference that I will attend annually for my new job and that hadn't clicked in yet. I better double check my dates vs 2013 conference dates! I think I'll be Ok. But I'll probably be getting home to turn around and leave again. Whew, can you say tired!

It was our first trip, so i can't compare it to anything, but wait times were reasonable. There were quite a few rides that we walked right on. The longest wait was Toy Story Mania and without the fast pass that was about 25 minutes. It didn't seem like there were many people in the parks until it was time for the fireworks.

Sounds like very low crowd levels. Toy Story can be over an hour with out FP. I hope we find it the same when we go. :)

Coming over from the 2013 thread!! I usually lurk quite a bit (pretty stalker-ish, right?) but I'm getting so excited about our trip I could almost POP! But that would be gross, so I'll just stay...stretching at the seams. :hyper: Already submitted my dates from the other thread, but it's pretty likely we will be at the Polynesian. Keeping my fingers crossed that whatever plans they have for refurbishing that resort don't interfere too much with our family's first Disney vacation.

We are celebrating my DD's 5th birthday, DH's 30th birthday (and first visits), my father's 57th birthday, and DH's step-dad's first visit (he's in his 60s!). We are going with a group of about 15. :scared1: I'm so excited because we are getting together at the end of August for a "planning" lunch so we are all somewhat on the same page. I have tons of Disney themed food planned and even goodie bags! (BTW, Hi, I'm Kris, and I have Disney OCD) And then...it will be official because we will book our trip that weekend!!!

Looking forward to counting down with everyone!

Very very tentative plans for us (maybe even just ME) to return in late September 2013. I have a goal to lose weight, train, and run the TOT 10 miler. This year it is on September 28th I think so I'm looking at late September. I've lost 7.5 lbs in 2 weeks, and need another 12 or so off before I'll feel comfortable starting to run. I will be staying at least part of the stay at the BC, and it will depend on if it is a girls or solo trip, or whether the family will be coming too... The kids will NOT let me go without them without a fight, but this is primarily about a reward for a return to health and fitness.

So, no countdown yet, just a plan and a dream!!!

Coming over from the 2013 thread!! I usually lurk quite a bit (pretty stalker-ish, right?) but I'm getting so excited about our trip I could almost POP! But that would be gross, so I'll just stay...stretching at the seams. :hyper: Already submitted my dates from the other thread, but it's pretty likely we will be at the Polynesian. Keeping my fingers crossed that whatever plans they have for refurbishing that resort don't interfere too much with our family's first Disney vacation.

We are celebrating my DD's 5th birthday, DH's 30th birthday (and first visits), my father's 57th birthday, and DH's step-dad's first visit (he's in his 60s!). We are going with a group of about 15. :scared1: I'm so excited because we are getting together at the end of August for a "planning" lunch so we are all somewhat on the same page. I have tons of Disney themed food planned and even goodie bags! (BTW, Hi, I'm Kris, and I have Disney OCD) And then...it will be official because we will book our trip that weekend!!!

Looking forward to counting down with everyone!

Thanks for joining us over here. It is pretty slow now but the more people we get the more active it should get.

Very very tentative plans for us (maybe even just ME) to return in late September 2013. I have a goal to lose weight, train, and run the TOT 10 miler. This year it is on September 28th I think so I'm looking at late September. I've lost 7.5 lbs in 2 weeks, and need another 12 or so off before I'll feel comfortable starting to run. I will be staying at least part of the stay at the BC, and it will depend on if it is a girls or solo trip, or whether the family will be coming too... The kids will NOT let me go without them without a fight, but this is primarily about a reward for a return to health and fitness.

So, no countdown yet, just a plan and a dream!!!

Good luck on the losing weight. I am trying to do that myself. I have a bunch to lose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter