• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****September 2013 - LIST STARTED! - Join me in planning and counting down!!****

We will be heading down to FL on September 15th, 2013 for four nights. Hopefully, staying at the BWV. It will be the first time my husband and I go alone! It will be a 50th b-day celebration!! :cool1:

Been so stressed this week! I am hosting my Brother-in-laws wedding open house this weekend, as I am his only family in state. Did the entire thing single handed! Been so much work I feel like I will die before tomorrow night! Didn't even work this hard on my own wedding!

But! Good news! As a token of their appreciation for me doing all this they are paying for something for our trip! Either they are going to cover our R/O reservation for the first night (decided to add a night, and get in late so we can have a full first day) or our Photo Pass+ ! Not a huge payment for all the work I did (I spent 50 hours hand making paper flowers for the bridal bouquet, and that is just one tiny aspect!), but I will take it!

We also won a stroller rental from a Disney blog a few weeks back, so that extra expense is covered now too!

Ready for this wedding to be over so I can start really digging into my planning! I am so proud of all I did for this wedding, but SUPER glad it is almost over.

And for Kicks and giggles, here is a picture from the wedding yesterday! Didn't the flowers turn out gorgeous!!! You'd never know they were paper!
190111_10150945674480895_1769454270_n.jpg

Been so stressed this week! I am hosting my Brother-in-laws wedding open house this weekend, as I am his only family in state. Did the entire thing single handed! Been so much work I feel like I will die before tomorrow night! Didn't even work this hard on my own wedding!

But! Good news! As a token of their appreciation for me doing all this they are paying for something for our trip! Either they are going to cover our R/O reservation for the first night (decided to add a night, and get in late so we can have a full first day) or our Photo Pass+ ! Not a huge payment for all the work I did (I spent 50 hours hand making paper flowers for the bridal bouquet, and that is just one tiny aspect!), but I will take it!

We also won a stroller rental from a Disney blog a few weeks back, so that extra expense is covered now too!

Ready for this wedding to be over so I can start really digging into my planning! I am so proud of all I did for this wedding, but SUPER glad it is almost over.

And for Kicks and giggles, here is a picture from the wedding yesterday! Didn't the flowers turn out gorgeous!!! You'd never know they were paper!
190111_10150945674480895_1769454270_n.jpg

Those are really neat looking. Good job! That is nice of them to offer to pay for something.

Me too!!!! If free dining is offered we will be seeing you at POR! Are you requesting any certain section (mansions or AB)? I told my TA I would like to request the AB section if we upgrade. We will just get a standard room view.

We'll be at POR, too! Aug 31-Sept 7th 2013. Free dining free dining free dining free dining....

We'll be at POR, too! Aug 31-Sept 7th 2013. Free dining free dining free dining free dining....

I have mixed feelings. We are booked at AOA now in a LM room. I would love to stay there and see it but I also really want to stay at POR. That is why I am leaving it up to whatever discounts come out. If free dining is offered then we will upgrade.

Looks like our trip may turn into a Family affair! My MIL & FIL had been planning on coming since the beginning (I think they feel bad for leaving DH at home when he was 8? 10? to go to Disney World without him), but last night we had another surprise!

SIL, BIL, & their 3 kids may be joining us! They were planning on a Disneyland trip this year, but BIL found out that if he takes the amount of time off he wanted he will lose his spot at his current job site, which means a loss of $40,000! :scared1: He'd still have a job, but, $40,000 is a lot of money to lose! So they have tentatively signed on to join us in Florida next year after his current job site is finished! SIL is a bit sad, but the kids seem overjoyed to have their cousins come too!

Wow! Sounds like you will have a big group to plan for. Will you all be staying at the same resort?

Right now we are sticking with our current plan, as BIL will not know if he will for sure be off the current job at the time until Jan. I'm looking at on-site options for them, and they will make a tentative reservation. But if they are for certain coming when Jan rolls around we will look at something off-site, as it might convince other family members to join in.

Right now our count stands at 11!! With the possibility of up to 4 more!! If everyone is in, a vacation rental would be so much cheaper! Not my first choice if we are going by ourselves, but with my husbands family scattered all over the country it would be kind of fun to be together.

Pretty soon it will be less than one year in our countdowns to September 2013. Can't wait! I am also counting the days till I can start making ADR's.

I am counting down the days until ADR's too! March 14th can't come soon enough! I'm hoping by then we will know for sure who is coming with us. Looks like we may have a few more still! It is looking like 15 people! Crazy crazy! I am for sure going to need to be on top of ADR's if there are any meals we want to eat all together!

The threat of tropical storm/possible hurricane Issac has me glad that I am going next September and not this September but the reality is September IS hurricane season. Prayers that this tropical storm is mild and that damage is minimal. Prayers for those in the path of Issac.

Joining in!! We were going to try to go this September, but just wasn't in the cards for us. :( Plus side is, next September is guaranteed!! This will be our 2nd trip, but I'm a bit of a disney fanatic and have spent hours on here researching, so our next trip will be an absolute breeze as the first years tips that I found on here were absolutely invaluable. Can't wait to get things booked and start planning ADR's! I would book if I could, but we're staying in a 2 bdrm villa again (Most like SSR again) and they're not available for booking until 7-9 months out so I'll be keeping my eye out in the new year. We're going Sept 21 - Oct 1 (same exact dates as our first trip!) and I can't wait to do MNSSHP again, it was the highlight of our last trip for sure. So much fun! I'm already trying to come up with ideas for costumes! We went as a family of pirates last year, with dh as Captain Jack Sparrow and I as Angelica. I'm also excited as our kids will be 5, 6, 9 and 11 for the next trip, so will be much easier than the ages of 3, 4, 7 and 9 that they were last time!

I'm booked! I'm booked! I'm booked! :hyper: We are officially booked for the Polynesian Resort September 7 - 14, 2013! I'm so freakin' excited! The best part...I get to share it with a TON o' people!

-Me, DH (will celebrate 30th b-day), DD (will celebrate 5th birthday)
-My parents
-DH's mom, step-dad, and brother (22)
-DH's dad and step-mom (yeah, we all get along like that!)
-My aunt (dad's sister) and two cousins (28 & 23)
-My aunt (mom's sister) and uncle
-Friends of the family w/ two kids (Total of 4 people)

Did you get that head count? That's 19 people! Don't fret my friends...I encouraged separate touring and meeting for a few meals rather than do the group "all together" thing. Thank goodness, because I don't have the patience to stand around a park map for 20 minutes to decide what to do next! :crazy2:

I'm super excited to celebrate both DH and DD's birthdays (AND their first visits too!), plus my dad's birthday and DH's step-dad's first visit!

Whew! I'm winded...I just wrote this whole post in my high-pitched excited voice!

I don't think a list has been started for September 2013 yet so lets get one started! Let me know when and where you are staying and I will keep a list.

Svhadden - 8/31/13 - 9/7/13 - POR
Disneylvr - 8/31/13- 9/8/13 - POFQ
Mrs Grumpy - 9/1/13 - 9/11/13 - AOA or POR
Smile 4213 - 9/7/13-9/14/13 - Poly
E&As Mom - 9/7/13-9/15/13 - CSR
Schleprok - 9/7/13-9/15/13 - WL
leshunlense - 9/9/13-9/16/13 - CSR
Princessmommymouse - 9/10/13-9/19/13 - CSR
JessNewbs - 9/11/13-9/21/13 - POR
mommadebbied - 9/14/13-9/22/13 - POP
mcbailey - 9/15/13 - 9/18/13 - BWV
Zippersful - 9/15/13-9/21/13 - ASMo
WishingMom - 9/15/13-9/26/13 - POP
kbmt143 - 9/19/13-9/25/13 - POR Royal Guest Room
lauren elizabeth - 9/21/13-9/28/13 - POP
amber cntrygrl - 9/21/13-9/28/13 - ASsp
DisMom55 - 9/28/13 - ??
disneygirl910 - 9/29/13 - 10/12/13
masim - POR
bellanotte10
3monkeymomma
emcclay - CSR, BC or YC
Chicago Mo
barrentinesluvmickey
Feckless - BC

Add me to the list! I am going to be there from 9-13-13 to 9-20-13 staying at POR in a Royal Room! :dance3:

Pretty soon it will be less than one year in our countdowns to September 2013. Can't wait! I am also counting the days till I can start making ADR's.

I am so ready for that 1 year part on my countdown to leave! It is getting closer.

The threat of tropical storm/possible hurricane Issac has me glad that I am going next September and not this September but the reality is September IS hurricane season. Prayers that this tropical storm is mild and that damage is minimal. Prayers for those in the path of Issac.

Yes, going in September that is the risk we take. As long as we can get there and get out OK I would be OK with that. Hope everyone stays safe who is in the path.

Joining in!! We were going to try to go this September, but just wasn't in the cards for us. :( Plus side is, next September is guaranteed!! This will be our 2nd trip, but I'm a bit of a disney fanatic and have spent hours on here researching, so our next trip will be an absolute breeze as the first years tips that I found on here were absolutely invaluable. Can't wait to get things booked and start planning ADR's! I would book if I could, but we're staying in a 2 bdrm villa again (Most like SSR again) and they're not available for booking until 7-9 months out so I'll be keeping my eye out in the new year. We're going Sept 21 - Oct 1 (same exact dates as our first trip!) and I can't wait to do MNSSHP again, it was the highlight of our last trip for sure. So much fun! I'm already trying to come up with ideas for costumes! We went as a family of pirates last year, with dh as Captain Jack Sparrow and I as Angelica. I'm also excited as our kids will be 5, 6, 9 and 11 for the next trip, so will be much easier than the ages of 3, 4, 7 and 9 that they were last time!

Welcome! I got you added. I love MNSSHP we do it every trip.

I'm booked! I'm booked! I'm booked! :hyper: We are officially booked for the Polynesian Resort September 7 - 14, 2013! I'm so freakin' excited! The best part...I get to share it with a TON o' people!

-Me, DH (will celebrate 30th b-day), DD (will celebrate 5th birthday)
-My parents
-DH's mom, step-dad, and brother (22)
-DH's dad and step-mom (yeah, we all get along like that!)
-My aunt (dad's sister) and two cousins (28 & 23)
-My aunt (mom's sister) and uncle
-Friends of the family w/ two kids (Total of 4 people)

Did you get that head count? That's 19 people! Don't fret my friends...I encouraged separate touring and meeting for a few meals rather than do the group "all together" thing. Thank goodness, because I don't have the patience to stand around a park map for 20 minutes to decide what to do next! :crazy2:

I'm super excited to celebrate both DH and DD's birthdays (AND their first visits too!), plus my dad's birthday and DH's step-dad's first visit!

Whew! I'm winded...I just wrote this whole post in my high-pitched excited voice!

You are brave going with that many people. I think you are doing it the smart way though and not expecting to have everyone together the whole time.

Add me to the list! I am going to be there from 9-13-13 to 9-20-13 staying at POR in a Royal Room! :dance3:

Welcome! I added you to our list.

Hello everyone!! We're planning a Labor Day week trip down to the mouse for '13. This will be our DDs first trip down and me and DH's second. We are still trying to decide between CSR and an OKW studio through DVC point rental. I've had the jones to go back since, well, the first time we went. :joker:

Now to go update my siggie...

It is September!!!!! One year from today I will be going to WDW :cool1:

Can't wait until tomorrow when my ticker drops that "1 Year" part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter