Sept-Dec Room Discounts ~ Information Here

Rough morning but I'm finally on hold singing along to yoho yoho a pirates life for me and all is good in the world! pirate:

Can't help but smile listening to this. Now if they can discount my room it'll be a perfect morning. :cloud9: If not hopefully I'll be able to apply the discount at some point in the next couple months.

So you could have kept your original room type even though it says unavailable online and gotten the discount applied? That gives me hope!

yes! but only if they still have that room discount since they only put out certain amount of discounted room. :( they said there's no more for my room type at the time i am going. :( :( :(

Just got through on 407-939-5277! I was only on hold for 2-3 minutes and spoke with a CM named Gracie. She was fantastic and was able to apply a 20% discount to my current reservation in October at Coronado Springs saving me about $200.00. It doesn't sound like much but every little bit I save, is more money I have to spend :)

No pixie dust for me, wait it out or change to CSR? :confused3

Discount or not I'm going to Disney World, that's all that matters.

Called earlier & was told there's no discounts left for POFQ for my dates (we've been booked there since May).

1. Should I try calling again & ask someone else?

2. If I upgrade to AKL, will I have to pay the newer/higher ticket & dining prices?

Wow, I must have had a sprinkling of pixie dust today because I called in at 12:30EST and after 3 attempts of getting a circuits busy message I got through and got a CM within minutes. My whole call from beginning to end of survey was under 20 minutes. Hope if anyone is still trying to get through you get some good luck as well.

We booked RO at Pop for our November trip but will be watching out for AP discounts as well.

Did anyone have any luck with a RO reservation for the 1st week of December? Just curious. Thanks!

So, there are no discounts for my room for the time we are going there... I don't really like the other resorts they offered to me. Is it time to give up on the discounts, or you think I'll can still have some luck if someone gives up their reservations in 7 or 45days out. Will the discount become available again???

In case folks were wondering on wait times and such. Just spent 55 minutes on hold. Had Ressies already and did a quick change over to take part in the room only discount. My dates don't line up for FD so this is the next best thing! Saved $160 for a10 night stay at All-Star Movies.

I tried to do that but they were gonna make me pay the difference on the ticket increase and it was going to raise my price......:headache:

Did anyone have any luck with a RO reservation for the 1st week of December? Just curious. Thanks!

I was able to book YC, garden view CL for that week, checking in 12/1. Booked it online at around 7:30 this morning. But I tried pricing out several other resorts with no luck -- CR, GF, Poly, WL and BC all full, as were the business class rooms at CSR. There were studios and 1brs at OKW. I didn't check any values or other moderates or DVCs.

I just started planning my trip last night, and even at full rack rate there were slim pickings at the deluxe resorts. I was shocked to get YC this morning and I keep checking my reservation to make sure it's true.

I was able to book YC, garden view CL for that week, checking in 12/1. Booked it online at around 7:30 this morning. But I tried pricing out several other resorts with no luck -- CR, GF, Poly, WL and BC all full, as were the business class rooms at CSR. There were studios and 1brs at OKW. I didn't check any values or other moderates or DVCs.

I just started planning my trip last night, and even at full rack rate there were slim pickings at the deluxe resorts. I was shocked to get YC this morning and I keep checking my reservation to make sure it's true.

Congrats!!! That's awesome!!!! I tried at 12:30am to get a room at WL but had no luck. My dates are 11/30-12/7. Oh well, I'll stick with what I have and just be happy. The extra $$ would have been nice but it is what it is. Enjoy CL!!

Congrats!!! That's awesome!!!! I tried at 12:30am to get a room at WL but had no luck. My dates are 11/30-12/7. Oh well, I'll stick with what I have and just be happy. The extra $$ would have been nice but it is what it is. Enjoy CL!!

That's the same mentality I'm taking as well. I am booked at the WL CL from 11/29-12/5. I will try in a day or two when things calm down. If nothing is available I will be content and happy with what I already paid for. :)

That's the same mentality I'm taking as well. I am booked at the WL CL from 11/29-12/5. I will try in a day or two when things calm down. If nothing is available I will be content and happy with what I already paid for. :)

I'm a little jealous ...I had to give up my CL room at WL but that's ok, I knew it was a possibility all along. Enjoy it!! I hear it's great!!!

I tried calling a few minutes ago and it gave me the "all circuits are busy" line so I'll just try calling in a few days when things calm down just in case something pops up.

almost at the hour mark on hold. Teaches me not to check the board at work today :lmao:

If I am right it looks like one of our two rooms will be a better discount with the room % and the other one will be better with the free dinning. Hopefully I am getting to a rep soon to find out and get switched over.

Ana~n~Joseph said:

I managed to get a WL CV bunk beds room for 11/30-12/7. I did it online at about 12:30am. I will continue to try to change to a room without bunk beds, but i am glad I was able to get something.Availability was definitely limited.

I've never not been able to secure a discount for my reservation before. Last night the special rate was leaked and you could get the discount if you booked a brand new reservation. Soooo, people booked last night with new reservations and those of us who had reservations already had to take what was left this morning.

I guess that teaches us pre-planners a lesson! I should have made new reservations last night and cancelled my old ones today. Oh well, lesson learned.

So, anyone know when AP rate comes out!

Ok...if they weren't able to give me a discount on my existing reservation earlier today, what is recommended - keep calling to check or just keep checking for availability online?

yes! but only if they still have that room discount since they only put out certain amount of discounted room. :( they said there's no more for my room type at the time i am going. :( :( :(

Sorry you haven't been able to get a discount on your reservation. But I say it over and over - They discount to fill the rooms. If they have lots of reservations at particular resorts and room categories already, they don't need to discount.

I finally got through after a 50 minute wait. As expected, the WL CL is excluded but I was able to pair the small AAA discount with the current BounceBack offer I booked yesterday for my stay Nov 30- Dec 7. I'll take it but would love for a better AP discount!

Been calling all day...just got off the phone. I only waited 4 minutes on hold using the new reservation route. What an ordeal...sheesh! :lmao:
I wasn't even booking this for myself...my parent's and my aunt/uncle are going but having them plan the trip for themselves would be more stressful than trying to reach Disney all day...lol!
Not much of a discount on values so they upgraded to where they really wanted to stay anyway. So glad that is done and I don't have to think about the different scenarios any more. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter