• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept-Dec Room Discounts ~ Information Here

I had booked months ago for POR standard. Recently, standard has been unavailable on website. When I called this morning, she said I could apply to existing reservation or move to king or garden. I chose garden. Hope that helps?

So you could have kept your original room type even though it says unavailable online and gotten the discount applied? That gives me hope!

So you could have kept your original room type even though it says unavailable online and gotten the discount applied? That gives me hope!

That was the impression the CM gave me. I gave her my reservation number, and said I was thinking about upgrading to king if discount was good. At 5%, it wasn't! So I said no right away and she said well you could try garden or discount your existing room. Fingers crossed for you!!!

Ok...if they weren't able to give me a discount on my existing reservation earlier today, what is recommended - keep calling to check or just keep checking for availability online?

I booked POFQ online this morning at 545am (PST) for my dates in Nov - 20% off. :cool1:

For those of you who have not been able to get the resort you want don't lose hope.

When FD came out last year for Sept, they only had ASSp (wanted Pop) available. I am not a sports person, but booked anyways.

A few days later Pop became available (online), I called and changed my ressie.

Then there was a rumor that the LM rooms would be open for Sept instead of Dec and available for FD (the only time they were available so far?) and when they became available online I called and switched to AoA.

As previous posters have said, people will book a few reservations, decide which one they want and cancel.

Good Luck to everyone :lovestruc

I've never not been able to secure a discount for my reservation before. Last night the special rate was leaked and you could get the discount if you booked a brand new reservation. Soooo, people booked last night with new reservations and those of us who had reservations already had to take what was left this morning.

I guess that teaches us pre-planners a lesson! I should have made new reservations last night and cancelled my old ones today. Oh well, lesson learned.

So, anyone know when AP rate comes out! :rotfl2:

Ok...if they weren't able to give me a discount on my existing reservation earlier today, what is recommended - keep calling to check or just keep checking for availability online?

The CM I talked with said they have no different info on availability than what we see online (give or take a few minutes' delay when people make changes). May as well check online, from what I understand.

My TA been getting busy signals since this morning. I guess no free dining for us Nov 11-17
Very Discouraged :(

Ugh. The website, for a few minutes, showed availability with the discount when and where I want, but that I couldn't book on-line. I hit refresh and it disappeared.

I hate to seem like a complainer but this is really getting frustrating with WDW. The lines are either all busy, then when you get through you are eventually dropped, and the website keeps crashing. UGGGHHHH :headache:

Anyone staying at AoA? With FD not being offered there and only a 15% RO discount on select days it seems like AoA will be very quiet :cool1: If the kids hadn't been so excited to stay we would have made the move for FD but now we are just scaling back on some other things to make our vacation a little more affordable :rotfl2: We will be there from 11/12 to 11/19! Still waiting to hear from my TA if she applied the discount to the nemo suite. It's still available online so I'm not to worried about it :banana: :banana: Hope everyone was able to get the discount they wanted! :goodvibes

Anyone staying at AoA? With FD not being offered there and only a 15% RO discount on select days it seems like AoA will be very quiet :cool1: If the kids hadn't been so excited to stay we would have made the move for FD but now we are just scaling back on some other things to make our vacation a little more affordable :rotfl2: We will be there from 11/12 to 11/19! Still waiting to hear from my TA if she applied the discount to the nemo suite. It's still available online so I'm not to worried about it :banana: :banana: Hope everyone was able to get the discount they wanted! :goodvibes

We'll be there 10/26 through 11/3. Bummed that there will be no free dining, but if I can get a discount on the room, I'll take it! Like you, the kids are too excited to switch to a different resort.

This is what happened for me. I'd assumed that BC was gone because it wasn't available online, so I was prepared to switch resorts if necessary. But when I called with my existing BC ressie, they just added the RO discount. :)

Received an e-mail from Magical Travel this afternoon about the new discounts and then pulled up my current ressie as well as a new ressie for same dates/resort through disney website and another through AAA. I called and the woman applied the discount to my current ressie! I was prepared to make a new one and cancel the current one if needed.

More $ for the Food & Wine Fests! :dogdance:

Finally gave up this morning after 2 hours of busy messages and got some sleep :surfweb:, just woke up and called..... busy message! :headache: Really?

I don't suppose I'll even bother calling. It sounds like POR Preferred Rooms are not even included in the measly 5% discount. And even if I switched to Garden View to get that 5%, with the increased ticket prices, I might as well save myself the trouble!

In case folks were wondering on wait times and such. Just spent 55 minutes on hold. Had Ressies already and did a quick change over to take part in the room only discount. My dates don't line up for FD so this is the next best thing! Saved $160 for a10 night stay at All-Star Movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter