Sept-Dec Room Discounts ~ Information Here

I just keep getting shown "These are non-discounted rates" - it never tells me what's available and what's not - I've tried 5 different resorts. Ugh. I also just keep getting the "Check Availability" button - I can't even seem to book something at full price. BAH!

People...I'm begging you, go to Orbitz if you can't get through.

Same discount + beaten by 10% if you use the discount code.

Only downside is you pay it all down rather than a $200 deposit.

Free cancellations though, so it doesn't matter.

Do it, or it's going to be gone like it did yesterday.

I just tried this for WL on orbitz but it was more expensive than what I booked for last night. Maybe it's resort dependent? It applied the discount but came to $298 instead of the $267 I paid last night. If I'm doing something wrong please let me know :)

I'm stunned at how low the POR discount is. I expected it for POFQ, but not there. We jumped up to AKL instead of POR Royal since the price difference was about $100.

I will say, however, that I am pleased that Jersey Week was NOT blocked off! :cool1:

Time to do some AKL research! Best of luck to everyone still on hold! :wizard:

DD and I stayed at AKL in a studio the last two years over her spring break and LOVED it. I was worried at first becuase its a bit farther out but the resort was so beautiful and relaxing. Its definitely on my favorites list now.

Are you going to the special offers page first? Don't try to book from the homepage.

Once you have a quote from the special offers page you can't just modify the info and then get another discounted quote. I have found that you have to go back to the special offers page and start from there again with the new info.

Was on hold for over an hour, then found out that the POR discount was less than what I had already with AAA. CM said POFQ has zero discount, it's not about availability there there just isn't one. I saw that someone had good luck bumping up to AKL for only $100 more than POR, but not for my dates. We ended up with POP (we're not CBR fans), but changing to POP reduced our week by $800, so feel like it's worth it. Now I got transferred over to Disney Travel to try to modify a bounce back and have been on ANOTHER HOUR! about to hang up soon though as i have a conference call.

Anyone get Wilderness Lodge this a.m. discounted? looking for 10/4-10/7 switch from POFQ but trying to figure out if it's worth continuing to hold.

I just tried this for WL on orbitz but it was more expensive than what I booked for last night. Maybe it's resort dependent? It applied the discount but came to $298 instead of the $267 I paid last night. If I'm doing something wrong please let me know :)

Some resorts have a deeper discount than others.

Looks to me like WL has a pretty weak discount.

Whereas CBR and CSR has about a savings of 30% off, and GF seems to have about a 35% discount.

When you search for hotels, look under the resort name, and it has the percentage discount available.

Waited on hold for 1 hour 15 minutes (after 15 minutes of the line being busy). The room category I had, BC GV, was not available for our dates (11/30-12/6). Nor was Yacht Club. Ended up switching to Poly (which the CM said has lots of availability). Saved us a little over $300. DS is VERY happy b/c he LOVES Poly. Was hoping to save more but am satisfied with what we got. Probably makes more sense to stay there anyway with 2 kids under 6.

But if you look up only Dec 5 and 6 you get no discount. :confused3 I thought that room only was on a night by night basis unlike free dining...

I've been on hold since 4:00 and now it's 5:28. I was able to get new reservations online and saved quite a bit! I did have to move from BC to YC, but we can live with that. However, I feel like a schmuck with two reservations at two resorts so will wait on hold to try to cancel the old one.

Now just waiting for the AP discount to come out so I can do it all again...:rotfl:

Hahahaha This is SO my process as well, at one point in Jan 2013 I had 3 reservations :P A non discounted, a 5% discount at POFQ, and a 30% at POR ....

We just bought our APs, so, yup, I am pretty sure I will be adding a layer of Reservations :P

Once you have a quote from the special offers page you can't just modify the info and then get another discounted quote. I have found that you have to go back to the special offers page and start from there again with the new info.

Are you going to the special offers page first? Don't try to book from the homepage.

Yup, I'm going back to the Special Offers page again and again - no luck. :P

Yup, I'm going back to the Special Offers page again and again - no luck. :P

The website is just super buggy and overloaded at the moment. I'm seeing that it's not able to remember dates for half the requests I put in, let alone show discounts lol!

I booked with RO rates via Travelocity and used 48HR75E to get an additional $75 off. Saved a few $$$s on our park tickets too! Got YCGV rooms in Oct.

Orbitz has RO rates too plus HOTEL10 gets you an additional 10%.

If you go to either, price compare, because the per night YC rate I got at Travelocity was much better than the one offered on Orbitz (as were the 1 BR BWI villas)...but other resort rates look comparable. The process was very simple without all the Disney website bugginess :).

Booked for November 4th after our cruise to the Bahamas...$158 for Port Orleans French Quarter....Food and Wine Festival here we come!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

System worked perfect for me and it fell right into My Disney Experience and let me add all my guests and linked everything....Even with my stay 2 nights before our cruise on rented points at AKV....:yay::yay::yay:
I did it very early this morning at 6:30am....Before it got too crazy busy.....

So excited they finally released the Fall discounts!!:woohoo:

Anyone get Wilderness Lodge this a.m. discounted? looking for 10/4-10/7 switch from POFQ but trying to figure out if it's worth continuing to hold.

Just got it discounted for oct 16-21. We were booked for POFQ but decided to upgrade to WL. Wanted a woods view room but by the time I could call, the woods were gone for that time. Ended up with a courtyard. Very excited!

Was on hold for over an hour, then found out that the POR discount was less than what I had already with AAA. CM said POFQ has zero discount, it's not about availability there there just isn't one. I saw that someone had good luck bumping up to AKL for only $100 more than POR, but not for my dates. We ended up with POP (we're not CBR fans), but changing to POP reduced our week by $800, so feel like it's worth it. Now I got transferred over to Disney Travel to try to modify a bounce back and have been on ANOTHER HOUR! about to hang up soon though as i have a conference call.

I'm on hold about 45 minutes now to modify a bounceback. I can't sit here all day like this. She gave me two numbers to call if I got disconnected and I've been trying them on my cell but they are busy too.

I'm on Orbitz now and I see that I could've gotten a WL Courtyard View for $94 cheaper than what I got when I booked with Disney this morning, but oh well. I'm encouraging someone else to go and grab that deal!

I'm on Orbitz now and I see that I could've gotten a WL Courtyard View for $94 cheaper than what I got when I booked with Disney this morning, but oh well. I'm encouraging someone else to go and grab that deal!

Can you still get the dinning plan if you use orbitz?

I booked with RO rates via Travelocity and used 48HR75E to get an additional $75 off. Saved a few $$$s on our park tickets too! Got YCGV rooms in Oct.

Orbitz has RO rates too plus HOTEL10 gets you an additional 10%.

If you go to either, price compare, because the per night YC rate I got at Travelocity was much better than the one offered on Orbitz (as were the 1 BR BWI villas)...but other resort rates look comparable. The process was very simple without all the Disney website bugginess :).

I also got a much better YC rate than I saw anywhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter