• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept-Dec Room Discounts ~ Information Here

I'm still holding out hope that we get the RO on Thursday! If not, well, I was booked already and I'm going whether I save a buck or not.

I also want to express some LOVE for JoeBlack.

Thank you for leaking what you know, and thanks for giving me some dreaming time. I've enjoyed speculating and planning and working the many opportunities for what may be discounted.

Keep on keeping us informed!!

I'm still holding out hope that we get the RO on Thursday! If not, well, I was booked already and I'm going whether I save a buck or not.

I also want to express some LOVE for JoeBlack.

Thank you for leaking what you know, and thanks for giving me some dreaming time. I've enjoyed speculating and planning and working the many opportunities for what may be discounted.

Keep on keeping us informed!!

Agreed. I also want to say thank you.

Even if the info wasn't accurate a lot of us on this thread had fun planning and stressing over the calculations. Now, we get to do it for a little longer.:rotfl2:

Even if the info wasn't accurate a lot of us on this thread had fun planning and stressing over the calculations. Now, we get to do it for a little longer.:rotfl2:

Exactly now we all get to be excited anticipating the next offer twice!:woohoo:popcorn::

still holding out hope! Wasn't there a pic somewhere of a flyer or something in Spanish listing the discounts? I think it was from my first visit?

So what is the next plan of attack? 8/1?

Thanks for all the great information on this thread and the FD thread. We are DVC members but are paying cash this time. It is fun to join in the excitement for a change!

I'm in no way deterred from calling again on Thursday or Friday...or tomorrow. It doesn't hurt to ask if there are any discounts.

Agree with you guys. Its been fun dreaming of what new ADRs we could make with our savings. My trip is booked either way with the resort and room category I wanted and we are able to afford it without the discount so for that I am very grateful. I think I'll stop stressing about it as much and if I get a discount then great. If not we will still be at Disney so hurray!

No Disney Visa here so today did not impact me other than I was interested to find out the % discounts at various resorts for sure then do more Disney math for when the GP offers were released.

It makes sense nothing was released today unless the just extend the current promo dates between now and July 31 when the current promo ends I expect to see the new offer on Aug 1.

sjs314 said:
No Disney Visa here so today did not impact me other than I was interested to find out the % discounts at various resorts for sure then do more Disney math for when the GP offers were released.

It makes sense nothing was released today unless the just extend the current promo dates between now and July 31 when the current promo ends I expect to see the new offer on Aug 1.

We don't have any plans for a trip but I'm interested in the numbers too, just in case ; )

I am waiting for a general RO code or AP code for 12/3-12/8. I have POR booked but would like to change. Fingers crossed!

Can someone tell me the rules of the discount dates: I know it used to work on the entire trip IF you checked in during the dates avail in the discount offered.

Is this still the case?

Can someone tell me the rules of the discount dates: I know it used to work on the entire trip IF you checked in during the dates avail in the discount offered.

Is this still the case?

For FD, you have to check in on an eligible FD date to get it for your entire stay up to 14 nights. Room discounts only apply to the dates included in the offer. The other dates would be billed at rack rate.

Is this still the case?

No, those where the days. :confused3 Now, on mine they are even different prices on weekends, than during the week.
I have had ressies with 10 AAA discount days and 2 non discounts days cause it was unavailble. :confused3

No, those where the days. :confused3 Now, on mine they are even different prices on weekends, than during the week.
I have had ressies with 10 AAA discount days and 2 non discounts days cause it was unavailble. :confused3

Out of curiosity, does anyone know when AAA discount is added to a reservation, will the system automatically give the days the discount can and cannot be applied. I found out that the AAA discount was being offered at the CR during the time I was going but when I called to add it, the CM said there was no discount. I was a bit confused by this so I called again and got a different CM. This CM said the same thing. I then realized that my last day on my reservation was "peak" pricing and I asked whether this could be the problem. She said that shouldn't have made a difference but then took off the last day and sure enough, I got AAA discount for all my other days. I just decided to remove that last day and add a day at the beginning.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know when AAA discount is added to a reservation, will the system automatically give the days the discount can and cannot be applied. I found out that the AAA discount was being offered at the CR during the time I was going but when I called to add it, the CM said there was no discount. I was a bit confused by this so I called again and got a different CM. This CM said the same thing. I then realized that my last day on my reservation was "peak" pricing and I asked whether this could be the problem. She said that shouldn't have made a difference but then took off the last day and sure enough, I got AAA discount for all my other days. I just decided to remove that last day and add a day at the beginning.

Are you booked as a room only or as a package?

thanks for the info guys!!! Wish the FD would work for us, but we have AP's.

Maybe I can look into renting points.....but that really makes me nervous!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter