Sept-Dec Room Discounts ~ Information Here

First time poster.

My wife booked the Poly for our trip Nov 15-20 Garden View. She put me on the reservation. We currently have the AAA discount 10% those days. Obviously we want to take advantage of the increased discount. Already bought our park tix discounted through a broker when the price changed. So, free dining is out- we also have our daughters a 5yo who doesn't eat much and a 2yo in our party, so even 20% off room is probably a better deal for us than free dining regardless.

I have some mechanical questions about getting the discount.

Can I call or does my wife have to as the original person who booked the res?

Do they apply it to our current res or do they cancel our original res and book again?

Are the discounts available until all of the rooms are booked or are there limits to how many people can get discounts in a particular resort and class of rooms?

More specifically, can this be an issue if all of the Garden Rooms are already booked and force us into the higher priced Lagoon View, essentially nullifying discount?

Everyone is saying start calling at 7am next Thursday. Can we call later in the day or will we be out of luck? My wife hates when I put her on a clock.

Thanks for all of your help. I'm new to WDW. I was there 32 years ago, so it's basically my first trip, along with my daughters' first too. My wife has been there a few times, but it's her first at the Poly.

I am thankful for any discount Disney offers, but if the discounts are pretty true to what was posted, we may rethink our resort choice for prior to our cruise. We were looking at the CR (TPV or CL) and as nothing is definite until the actual discounts are released next week, it looks like CR TPV and CL are only 5% :(. But with that said, it looks like other CR rooms fall under the 20% and 30% discount, so depending on what room types fall in those categories, that's an option too ;). ...

Did you get this from historical info? Just curious because I was thinking about doing CR and wanted to know what rooms would get what % discount.:confused3

:yay: So excited to hear this!!! :yay:

We are blacked out of free dining. So the limited black out dates of RO discount is awesome. I feel better about getting some sort of deal even if it only works out to be a couple $100.

Thank you for the advance notice. Now I can be on the phone 7am Monday morning (DV holder). I'll report back what I hear.

Just to add...As I mentioned earlier, some resorts can have varying discounts based on room type. As a rule of thumb, a good way to think of it is rooms with a better view are the ones with lower discounts, if that strategy applies to the particular resort. For example, the Animal Kingdom Lodge savannah view rooms are frequently discounted less than the standard and pool view rooms. Same goes at Contemporary resort as well.

Just some tidbits to help some folks.

Until I see the "real" room only discount announced, I'm not going to assume that all dates between Sept 29 and November 22, and all dates between Nov 30th and Dec 23rd will have the discount. They always exclude some period, like Pop Warner week. I'm considering moving my reservation to the second week in Dec if I can get the 35% or 30% off on WL. But I'm not going to assume that a week that is usually blacked out for Pop Warner will be discounted.

But it would be great if it was. ;)

Subscribing. I would certainly change resorts if I can save 20-25% at a value. Right now we are at Art of Animation, but would consider others to get the discount. Every little bit helps! :thumbsup2

I love these boards!

Thanks for the Heads Up info Joe. Look forward to seeing it posted soon!

Just to add...As I mentioned earlier, some resorts can have varying discounts based on room type. As a rule of thumb, a good way to think of it is rooms with a better view are the ones with lower discounts, if that strategy applies to the particular resort. For example, the Animal Kingdom Lodge savannah view rooms are frequently discounted less than the standard and pool view rooms. Same goes at Contemporary resort as well.

Just some tidbits to help some folks.

Does this varying by view apply to the moderates as well? I know POFQ will probably only be 5%, but will all of POR be 30%? Thanks!:worship:

Joe, any info if WL is at the top 30/35% off rate, or less (25%) as is often the case. Will make a difference to us vs FD promo. Our dates are 11/9-11/17. Typically, that 1st Sat of Vet day weekend is also bumped down 10%.

Joe, any info if WL is at the top 30/35% off rate, or less (25%) as is often the case. Will make a difference to us vs FD promo. Our dates are 11/9-11/17. Typically, that 1st Sat of Vet day weekend is also bumped down 10%.

Not sure what you mean? WL was 30% in September, which was the top category. It is the Poly and GF that are at a lesser discount.

Do I book Monday with this discount or do I wait until an AP discount comes out? Looking at November 21st thru 12/10 - not all but some fit the dates and I was planning on split stays anyway

Do I book Monday with this discount or do I wait until an AP discount comes out? Looking at November 21st thru 12/10 - not all but some fit the dates and I was planning on split stays anyway

I would book the discount you can get first and then switch if something better comes along.

I would book the discount you can get first and then switch if something better comes along.

I second this. Right now we have a AAA discount. If this RO is offered on the room we have/want it will be better of course and we would ask for that. Then if AP comes and that is even better we would switch to that.

We feel it is better to secure some sort of discount first, and the room, and move on from there.

I second this. Right now we have a AAA discount. If this RO is offered on the room we have/want it will be better of course and we would ask for that. Then if AP comes and that is even better we would switch to that.

We feel it is better to secure some sort of discount first, and the room, and move on from there.

Ditto! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter