• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept. 26, 2009 Magic

Hey all! My DH and I will be joining you on the Magic for our first Disney Cruise! I swore I'd never go on a big boat (we have Titanic issues in my family...) but here we are! Don't think there will be any icebergs at Castaway Cay! ^.~

Well, we're both early 20s and by the time the cruise rolls around we'll be married for over 3 years. Our two (fur)children will be staying home with the grandparents!

Husband is most looking forward to Palo (he works at a high end restaurant and is a total foodie) and I am psyched for PIRATE NIGHT! I have been a Pirate 3 years running and actually have Pirate ancestors, so this is my kind of party!

Looking forward to planning/chatting for the next 17 months!

Welcome A_L! Your DH definitely won't be disappointed in Palo - it is definitely a not to be missed experience! And, Pirate Night is totally fun as well!

Now on a new note. Asking all of you to send Pixie dust to my friend Thumper 08. As most of you know we had a vacation to SarSprings in 2 weeks well her son in the army can not get leave so the trip has been cancelled. (We are still going just not staying at SS) but Thumper had to cancel did not want to travel without DS. She is a little sad so please send her pixie dust and best wishes

So here Thumper -- prayers, and pixie dust from me.:wizard: :grouphug:

((((HUGS)))) to Thumper! Bless Thumper's son and the sacrifice he is making for this country. :hug:

I made another payment on the cruise this week. :woohoo: Now I know I'm crazy. Being happy about paying $$$$? :scared1: I also ordered me a copy of the 2008 passporter book about DCL and the open mouse. :dance3: Hopefully Amazon.com is wrong. They shipped it today and expect it to not be here untll may 19th. :scared: How can anybody wait that long? I was hoping to get them here in within 2 weeks so I can have all the time in the world to read them (getting into hospital for 2 weeks, so way enough time to read and plan :) ) , but it seems like that might not happen. Weird, normally hippings from the US don't take any longer than about 5 days to get here. Let the quick postal fairies be working on this shipping, please. :wizard:

May 19th - holy cow! :scared1: At least you'll be able to get some sort of Disney-fix through The DIS until they arrive! Here's hoping the "postal fairies" are good to you, Hon! :wizard:

SO I've been reading the cruise threads non-stop lately, and I was wondering if anyone is interested in doing the "fish extender" thing. Sounds like fun!

We are going to *try* to make a fish extender for this cruise. We were going to do it when we cruised in December, 2007 but I just couldn't find the right fabric. I'm hopeful that I will find just the right thing (since I only have about 17 months in which to prepare - LOL). :rolleyes1 DH is the creative force in our household, but he has just been slammed at work (he owns his own business). Between getting our scrapbook autograph made (ahem, started) for our upcoming September trip generally putting up with my fretting about plans, I think asking him to think about a fish extender would put him over the edge - LOLOLOLOL!

Have a great day everyone! Happy Administrative Professionals Day to all the wonderful support staff out there (myself included)! :grouphug: :cheer2:

"Fish extenders'? What's that? I'm too lazy to search for it myself. :scared: Can anybody clue me in?

Crystal; administrative professionals day? What don't they come up with these days? :) Allthough I must say we've just had the annual secretary day last week, which is kinda the same thing. :thumbsup2

Sometimes you've got those days were you think you must be dreaming. I've got such a day today. Totally unknown to all of us, some relatives living on the other side of the globe decided to come visit Europe. So out of nowhere I had them standing in front of my door. I can tell you, it was just as surprising as to see Mickey himself at your frontdoor when you totally don't expect him. :goodvibes The Big Mouse kinda was here also. In the mail there was something from 'disney destinations'. Boy oh boy, a PIN? Hurry, open up, what can it be? Looks like Mickey has a bit of a concussion or something. He sent me 3 sgned postcards, all with the message on them 'we're glad you're here'. Well, I would love to be at WDW at this moment! :) But I'm not. :headache: Oh well, at least I've got Mickey and the gang to look at. :cool2:

This is a picture of a fish extended (this one is from alikat99)
SSMC05door.jpg

Basically it's like a pocket holder you hang outside your room and people exchange little gifts in them (think Christmas stockings). I thought it would be fun after reading the main thread on the Cruise Forum!

"Fish extenders'? What's that? I'm too lazy to search for it myself. :scared: Can anybody clue me in?

Crystal; administrative professionals day? What don't they come up with these days? :) Allthough I must say we've just had the annual secretary day last week, which is kinda the same thing. :thumbsup2

Yeah, "Administrative Professionals" day is just the politically correct-way of saying Secretary's Day - LOL. :sad2: Do you all have the P.C. issues on that side of the world or is it just the good old U.S.A. that worries so much about such silliness?!? Oh well, at least I got lunch out of the deal - - my bosses can call me whatever they want so long as they feed me. :rotfl:

I hope you enjoy your visit with your relatives!

I have the instructions on how to make a fish extender somewhere in my piles of Disney stuff - - I'll post the instructions when I find them just in case anyone else is interested in making one. Have a great day everyone! :hug:

A_L, thank for explaining! Never ever seen anything like it, but I think I like it!. :)

Crystal; please do post the instructions.

We're less P.C. than the US of A, but we're getting worse. We tend to be about a decade or something behind on you guys with a lot of stuff, so this is no exception. For instance the good old word of 'housekeeper' is a big nono by now. They're called 'interieur professionals' now. I mean; come on! :lmao: We're becoming less and less of the liberal 'wild west' we used to be. Allthough we're no way near as 'liberal' as Foxx tends to portray us. :laughing: Down side of being behind on some things; no Wallmart, no Target, no nothing of that kind. :scared: Could you imagine the feeling of 'I've gone to heaven', the first time I walked into one of those in Australia. :worship:

An employer feeding you is always good. :cloud9: My old employer did the same thing. Almost each friday we'ld all decide on which take out to get and munch at lunch at the expenses of the boss. :rolleyes1

Hoping you guys will have just as much sun as we do here at the moment. We all will need it, with still 17 months of countdown to go before some serious great weather. (knock on wood). :cloud9:

I love the idea. I have a need to buy small things for the cruise to help make it special. On our last cruise my dh and I bought bubbles for all the kids in our group. It was great. Anyway - I cannot make a fish extender will have to get dd - mil to do it. But I think we should!!!

Goofieslilsis -
Just got my passporter on Saturday. Ordered it from their site. It is amazing I read it all the time. Jennifer Marx is my hero. Hope you get yours soon.

MAL

It's either may 19th or the postal fairies are still around. This morning there was a knock on the door and a package from Amazon. There are my copy of the passporter and the open mouse Whohoo! Now 'll have to fight myself to keep something to read for the boring days ahead. That'll be a new test; keep the books closed for a week and a half. :scared1:

Mal; just by looking at the cover I know it's a great way of having some more pre-sailing fun. :cloud9:

Mal~

We're going to be at the World the same time next weekend. It's a small world after all ;)

We just moved our booking from a late 08 to this sailing in '09

It's not too early to start packing is it?:rotfl2:

Welcome Ch10dad! I'm sorry to inform you, but I think it's a bit late to start packing. You'ld better hurry up! :lmao:

Mal; have fun at WDW this week! You too, A_L!!

I'm a bad bad girl. Passporter read from start to finish. :rolleyes1 It called me, I just had to follow, couldn't help myself. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I got myself some broken :wizard: Lo and behold a pincode in my mailbox. :cloud9: But, just our luck, it's for this summer and can't be applied to our trip n december. :sad2:

About the fish extenders; let's just do it! Loved the idea of the bubbles you did, Mal.

Mal~

We're going to be at the World the same time next weekend. It's a small world after all ;)

Hope you have a great time. I can hardly wait until we go. We leave in about 8 hours. Yipee Skippee.

Welcome CH10DAD- It is never too early too start packing. I have already decided what I am going to have for dinner each night. So glad you joined us.

goofieslonglostsis -
I understand reading passporter in one session. I only wish there was more to read. Planning is half the fun it makes the cruise seem to last longer.
Hope all of you are well - I better finish packing. Look out World here we come.

We just got back from a 3 day cruise on the Disney Wonder where we booked for Sept 26, 2009 with you guys! :woohoo:

We have a family of 6 (see my signature below) so we booked 2 cabins; one is a veranda and one is an inside cabin across the hall. We will be midship on deck 7.

Fish extenders; count us in!

Also.... who is willing to start a page with a roll call?

We just got back from a 3 day cruise on the Disney Wonder where we booked for Sept 26, 2009 with you guys! :woohoo:

We have a family of 6 (see my signature below) so we booked 2 cabins; one is a veranda and one is an inside cabin across the hall. We will be midship on deck 7.

Fish extenders; count us in!

Also.... who is willing to start a page with a roll call?

Welcome aboard, Bigferrell - oh, I'm so jealous that you just got back from the Wonder - - hope it was Wonderful!

As to a roll call, I quickly went through the posts and have the following:

Fire14
Spectrum-Turbo
Krdisneybound
Fourgonefishn
Christianweecare
Crystal_27 (cruising with DH and DD 5)
Goofieslonglostsis
Maleficient, Esq.
Thumper08
Aristocats Lover
Ch10dad
Bigferrell (cruising with DW, DD 14, DD 12, DS 8, DS 8)

(If I missed anyone it's only because I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet). I'll PM Fire14 to see if the list can be maintained on the first post. If not, I'll edit my first post (which is on the first page) and we can at least keep a list on the first page. If anyone wants to add a bit of personal information to your roll call information, please just let me know and I'll add it. Have a great day everyone!! :goodvibes

ETA: I corrected the spelling of Bigferrell's name and added the ages of the peeps we are cruising with (i.e., my DD will be 5 when we cruise).

Welcome aboard, Bigferrell - oh, I'm so jealous that you just got back from the Wonder - - hope it was Wonderful!

As to a roll call, I quickly went through the posts and have the following:

Fire14
Spectrum-Turbo
Krdisneybound
Fourgonefishn
Christianweecare
Crystal_27 (Crystal)
Goofieslonglostsis
Maleficient, Esq.
Thumper08
Aristocats Lover
Ch10dad
Bigfarrell

(If I missed anyone it's only because I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet). I'll PM Fire14 to see if the list can be maintained on the first post. If not, I'll edit my first post (which is on the first page) and we can at least keep a list on the first page. If anyone wants to add a bit of personal information to your roll call information, please just let me know and I'll add it. Have a great day everyone!! :goodvibes

Thanks for carrying the torch on this. It would be great if Fire14 could edit the first post and add the roll call.
Also, we should add our family info so that we know who all is cruising.
Here is mine: Me (Bigferrell), DW, DD 14, DD 12, DS 8, DS 8

Thanks for carrying the torch on this. It would be great if Fire14 could edit the first post and add the roll call.
Also, we should add our family info so that we know who all is cruising.
Here is mine: Me (Bigferrell), DW, DD 14, DD 12, DS 8, DS 8

Oh, BigFerrell, I just realized that I misspelled your name in the list. I worked with a guy for 5 years whose last name was Farrell - I guess my fingers just worked without my brain present. I'll edit my original post and hopefully Fire14 will pick up the change as well. Sorry 'bout that. :hug:

SO I've been reading the cruise threads non-stop lately, and I was wondering if anyone is interested in doing the "fish extender" thing. Sounds like fun!
I have one and planning on doing it one way or another. :)

Ok gang if first post needs edited for anything please PM me it will get fixed quicker that way.
Juli

Hi everyone I`m fire 14`s hubby. DW told me she had this thread today. Sound like a fun bunch of Disers are going to be on this cruise.!We are both looking for this time. I hope we get to meet everyone of you. I`ll tell you what 1st round of soda on deck 9 around the soda fountain is on DW and I :rotfl: It sounds like Mel is the 1 to ask questions from. I have many if you don`t mind me asking?:confused3 It also sounds like we all want to go to Palo. We did not do it on the 4 day cruises we did. Well I better get off of here don`t want you to think I`m long winded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter