• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* From Spain to Space Mountain-Taking the Magic Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noel - Love your new welcome wagon message, was so excited to read it, everything seems so real now!;)
Thank you!!

Noel, I sent you a message, I am happy to give money for the lanyard team, let me know and I'll paypal it to you. I think black, navy, blue, red or yellow would be nice, I think it's nice to keep the Disney Magic colours?

I got your message and will put you on the list for colors and team lanyard group money.

Don't forget a little bit of Aussie is coming! There's 3 families so far, us, my next door neighbours and I'm sure there was another family from WA? I could get my hubbie to give you a wake up call each morning with his best Aussie accent, LOL! :rotfl:

Are any of them on the DIS?

I love Chefs de France, best french onion soup ever, and the creme brulee, OMG! :lovestruc

Love to get that recipe!!

I just dropped in to say, I hate this thread:rotfl:
every time I see it,I want to click on it, I am so sad I cant come again next year, you guys are going to have such a great time.
OK... over and out, resume exciting planning,promise never to bother you again:goodvibes

We wish you were coming with us!! You will be missed!!

I just dropped in to say, I hate this thread:rotfl:
every time I see it,I want to click on it, I am so sad I cant come again next year, you guys are going to have such a great time.
OK... over and out, resume exciting planning,promise never to bother you again:goodvibes

Lynne - REBOOK!!!!!! Go on, rebook onboard the panama canal, It's only money, you can't take it with you, JUST DO IT!!! Terry would be so happy if his partner in crime came again, and I can always do with another pool/spa buddie!

Love to get that recipe!!

Yes, the others are on Dis, I remember one coming on this thread a while back and mentioning they were from Oz, I think Western Oz? And my next door neighbour has joined Dis but isn't on this thread yet, I'll get her here! ;)

Which recipe? French Onion soup or creme brulee? I have a fab french onion soup recipe, really easy and yummy! :)

Yes, the others are on Dis, I remember one coming on this thread a while back and mentioning they were from Oz, I think Western Oz? And my next door neighbour has joined Dis but isn't on this thread yet, I'll get her here! ;)
Hope they will be more active!!

Which recipe? French Onion soup or creme brulee? I have a fab french onion soup recipe, really easy and yummy! :)

Fab onion soup, please!!

We actually took more than two weeks of clothing as we spent a week in Barcelona. I shipped the majority of my clothing to be held at the Le Meridien because of the airline luggage allowance.

Since we flew on miles to Frankfurt, we only had to get to Barcelona from there. On Air Berlin, we had a really cheap flight from Frankfort to Barcelona with a ridiculously low fare but just as ridiculously low baggage allowance. Even with shipping the one bag, it was still cheaper than any other fare. I plan to do the same next year with one week less clothes.

I did sent a few things out to be pressed and washed on the cruise. At the end of the cruise, I did do a load of underwear and tee shirts but that is the extent of my washing.

Thanks Noel.. I would still have the problem of getting the shipped stuff back home doing it that way. We have rubbish allowance on the way home too.

I think I am just going to have to bite the bullet and buy some extra luggage allowance.

I love Chefs de France, best french onion soup ever, and the creme brulee, OMG! :lovestruc

The onion soup was good according to DH, but our main course was inedible.

This was our main course
IMG_0840.JPG

This was just a small portion of the fat that was picked off
IMG_08421.jpg

Maybe lunch is a better time to eat at Les Chefs de France.

Thanks Noel.. I would still have the problem of getting the shipped stuff back home doing it that way. We have rubbish allowance on the way home too.

I think I am just going to have to bite the bullet and buy some extra luggage allowance.

I know what you mean. We were allowed 3 bags on United both on the outbound and the return from Florida. The problem of course was the Air Berlin flight. Air Berlin costs were 100 Euros per bag after the first bag.

Lynne - REBOOK!!!!!! Go on, rebook onboard the panama canal, It's only money, you can't take it with you, JUST DO IT!!! Terry would be so happy if his partner in crime came again, and I can always do with another pool/spa buddie!

Let's have a campaign!!!:banana:

Laundry.

Firstly I took far too many clothes, and will do again I know!!!:lmao:

I had no problem whatsoever doing the laundry. I did it on port days in the morning and could have had 4 washers each time if I had wanted. Of course that is difficult if you are planning on doing morning excursions;), but that was my experience. Previously it has been noted that half way through the cruises it is more difficult as that is when most do their laundry!!

I can confirm that Noel did do some ironing on the cruise!!!

Also I chatted to someone doing her personal laundry but had a nanny who did the 3 children's!! I would have sneaked my personals in with the kid's stuff!!!:lmao:

The onion soup was good according to DH, but our main course was inedible.

This was our main course
IMG_0840.JPG

This was just a small portion of the fat that was picked off
IMG_08421.jpg

Maybe lunch is a better time to eat at Les Chefs de France.

That does look unappetising to be sure! We did have one dinner there once and it was great, but it was a few years ago.

Do try the lunch. They have added more choices now to the lunch deal and it is a nice break mid day. We have always had great servers too. They have warm mini French bread sticks now instead of the crusty rolls and they bring you more too!!! It is yummy.

I know what you mean. We were allowed 3 bags on United both on the outbound and the return from Florida. The problem of course was the Air Berlin flight. Air Berlin costs were 100 Euros per bag after the first bag.
Ouch! I know why you shipped now :)
Laundry.

Firstly I took far too many clothes, and will do again I know!!!:lmao:

I had no problem whatsoever doing the laundry. I did it on port days in the morning and could have had 4 washers each time if I had wanted. Of course that is difficult if you are planning on doing morning excursions;), but that was my experience. Previously it has been noted that half way through the cruises it is more difficult as that is when most do their laundry!!

I can confirm that Noel did do some ironing on the cruise!!!

I don't have any problems doing laundry either Marilyn..I just heard that it was hectic trying to do laundry on the boat and that they were doing theirs at silly o'clock to get a free washer;)

I have also been known to iron on the cruise:lmao:

Also I chatted to someone doing her personal laundry but had a nanny who did the 3 children's!! I would have sneaked my personals in with the kid's stuff!!!:lmao:

Same here:goodvibes

That does look unappetising to be sure! We did have one dinner there once and it was great, but it was a few years ago.

Do try the lunch. They have added more choices now to the lunch deal and it is a nice break mid day. We have always had great servers too. They have warm mini French bread sticks now instead of the crusty rolls and they bring you more too!!! It is yummy.

Honestly it was bad! not only fatty but it was tasteless. The service was also very rushed.

Maybe we will try lunch, but it will take a lot to get DH back to eat there again.

what was it supposed to be? it looks wierd anyway!

I don't have any problems doing laundry either Marilyn..I just heard that it was hectic trying to do laundry on the boat and that they were doing theirs at silly o'clock to get a free washer;)

I have also been known to iron on the cruise:lmao:

Oh, I iron most things too. I think our UK things don't tumble dry as well as US things do(or not at all). I also don't tumble dry everything and hang them in the stateroom for that reason.

Honestly it was bad! not only fatty but it was tasteless. The service was also very rushed.

Maybe we will try lunch, but it will take a lot to get DH back to eat there again.

I think we all have some restaurants we don't want to go back to, and some of ours are very popular ones with others. Artist's Point is one we won't go back to. Not because of the food, but because of the ambiance. It just felt like a noisy canteen to us, and the service was poor and attitude from the lady showing us to our table was terrible. California Grill. We loved it the first twice, but then next time it was like a kindergarten and when you are paying that money I don't want that. Sorry those who don't mind noisy or unruly children in expensive restaurants.:confused3 Just no point spending that money.

we're the same, there's a few restaurants onsite that we love, but some we've been to a couple of times now and the novelty has worn off.
we've been to ohanas twice now, the first time the food wasnt great, the meat was dry and overcooked. the second time we went back as a pre cruise meet up with other people and it was awesome. food much better and a lot better atmosphere.
CRT and chef mickeys are ones we've done twice, the first times at both places were for special occasions, but the second times werent as good and the food wasnt as good either.
we did the dining plan last year and got to try loads of new places, and found some really good places. we really loved teppan edo and will probably go back there next year too :)

our original plan was to rent DVC points and get the dining plan, but the more we think about it, we're not sure we're going to want full dining after 14 days of cruise food!

what was it supposed to be? it looks wierd anyway!
It was Plat de Cote de Boeuf au Cabarnet avec pates - Beef short ribs braised in Cabernet with pasta, pearl onions and mushrooms.
There were no mushrooms or onions in our meal..
Oh, I iron most things too. I think our UK things don't tumble dry as well as US things do(or not at all). I also don't tumble dry everything and hang them in the stateroom for that reason.
No I don't dry everything either. I like to dry them naturally, well as naturally as you can do indoors;)

I think we all have some restaurants we don't want to go back to, and some of ours are very popular ones with others. Artist's Point is one we won't go back to. Not because of the food, but because of the ambiance. It just felt like a noisy canteen to us, and the service was poor and attitude from the lady showing us to our table was terrible. California Grill. We loved it the first twice, but then next time it was like a kindergarten and when you are paying that money I don't want that. Sorry those who don't mind noisy or unruly children in expensive restaurants.:confused3 Just no point spending that money.
We didn't enjoy the California Grill either...very disappointed with it. I agree with you on the cost too.

we're the same, there's a few restaurants onsite that we love, but some we've been to a couple of times now and the novelty has worn off.
we've been to ohanas twice now, the first time the food wasnt great, the meat was dry and overcooked. the second time we went back as a pre cruise meet up with other people and it was awesome. food much better and a lot better atmosphere.
CRT and chef mickeys are ones we've done twice, the first times at both places were for special occasions, but the second times werent as good and the food wasnt as good either.
we did the dining plan last year and got to try loads of new places, and found some really good places. we really loved teppan edo and will probably go back there next year too :)

our original plan was to rent DVC points and get the dining plan, but the more we think about it, we're not sure we're going to want full dining after 14 days of cruise food!

There are some places we have been to that we would like to return to too. I did love Citricos, but it is one of the expensive places. It seemed a proper signature experience. I did like Chef Mickey's when we went with the grandchildren, but I know many don't like it.

I really am pleased we have done the dining plan. It didn't seem as expensive when we did it, and we got to eat at some places we wouldn't normally go to. However, it does make me eat far too much. I just can't help trying to get the best value, so go for the most expensive item as long as I like it):rotfl2: I know some people love that way of dining and that is fine for them and is worth it, but we spend so much less per day than the dining plan normally.

Morning all....just! ;)

I had a lovely lunch at Chefs des France but that photo looks vile. :sick:

We have a few favourite onsite restaurants that we always seem to go to each trip. Le Cellier, Yachtsmen Steakhouse, Narcoosee's. I have booked some new place's aswell for January so will see how they go.

Maz, I agree about Artists Point & California Grill although we liked both meals, it was nothing special & when your paying that much for a meal you want a memorable experience.

We always book Tusker House lunch too. It is fantastic. We did breakfast with the grandchildren and that is fantastic, particularly if you get when it opens as you are then right up at the Safari when the park opens. However, now we just like the lunch. There is a huge choice, and John can have his meat and veg and puds. One time I had a turkey dinner. Carved turkey, mashed potatoes, wedges and veggies. It was lovely. That was on top of everything else.:lmao: I so recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter