*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* From Spain to Space Mountain-Taking the Magic Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never thought of it that way Marilyn. The only thing is that we are not hiring a car so can't get off site to eat. This will be the first time in 20+ that we will not have a hire car. I don't know how we are going to manage.

If you get BWV then you will have many options for eating. We had a week there after this year's cruise with a few days without a car and managed well. I never knew before that they do grilled chicken sandwiches down in the kiosk on the Boardwalk. It was delicious, and very nice and plain after all the rich food. We ate lunch at Les Chefs de France one day which we like, and John had Fish and Chips one day. I hope we get to stay in that area again next year.

Ssttt, our little secret. You must know that 70's brownish-orangish color. :eek::rolleyes1

Oh of course!!! Our first home we had a brown suite, bright orange and brown floral curtains and orangy/brown carpet!!! It was wonderful!!;)

They really have known each other for a very long time. I was 19 and John 20 when we met. Now John is retired it is a bit more difficult being together all the time, but really we are the best of friends, and I think that is a bug plus.

I fancy either BCV or BWV, but we like BCV the best. In the end I don't mind if it has to be SSR as we both love there anyway, we just like being close to Epcot and DHS occasionally.

As far as offsite restaurants go our favourite is Seasons 52. Sweet Tomatoes if our very favourite cheaper place, even John loves it and he doesn't like salads!!! There is so much else to choose from though. We like the usual chain restaurants on the whole. Bahama Breeze is excellent but we have only been the once. We don't eat out much really, and we don't usually go for the Mexican or spicy type places. There are loads of fantastic places out there.

Yes I agree, I think you have to be best friends to make it last so long. My dad had a stroke aged 37 and has been unable to work since so they have been together all day every day for a very long time.

I've never been to any of those restaurants, we seem to eat onsite a lot but quite fancy trying some new places so i'll have a look at their websites. :thumbsup2

FYI... just have to share... my friend is at the port waiting to board the Magic. I had to hold back tears seeing her Facebook picture of her son hugging Mickey!! She said she has never seen her son so happy! I just can't wait to see my Sarah hugging Mickey... she's about the same age. I only hope the costumed characters don't scare her (she can be weird about that!).

I don't know if my friend looked at port of call stats... but they are docked with several other ships in St Thomas (pax count of 19,000+) and of course with Wonder at Castaway Cay. Going to be a crowded Thanksgiving week of cruising the Caribbean! We've done Turkey cruises twice - but on HAL - but still busy busy busy!

I hope your friend has a Magical cruise, but wow 19,000+ that is going to be crazy busy!

I would love to stay at BLT Claire, but we don't have enough points. BWV's are lovely, but the long walks to the rooms can be a bit off putting;)

I don't own DVC (yet ;)) so rented them. I stayed at BLT in June for 10 nights, it was fabulous! I loved it & can't wait to get back there.

Long walk's to the rooms reminds me of my stay at Yacht Club - Jeez it was miles, I think we were actually one of the furthest rooms from the lobby. :laughing:

Ssttt, our little secret. You must know that 70's brownish-orangish color. :eek::rolleyes1

Oooooh sounds lovely! :rolleyes1

If you get BWV then you will have many options for eating. We had a week there after this year's cruise with a few days without a car and managed well. I never knew before that they do grilled chicken sandwiches down in the kiosk on the Boardwalk. It was delicious, and very nice and plain after all the rich food. We ate lunch at Les Chefs de France one day which we like, and John had Fish and Chips one day. I hope we get to stay in that area again next year.

That's what I thought Marilyn....If need be we could take a very slow walk over to Epcot.

We ate dinner and Chefs de France last year...never again! It had to be the worse meal ever.

Oh of course!!! Our first home we had a brown suite, bright orange and brown floral curtains and orangy/brown carpet!!! It was wonderful!!;)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Sounds like photos i've seen of my mum & dad's old house! Huge flowerey brown & orange wallpaper, orange curtains & purple carpets! :sick:

I wonder how many years it will be before people look back & laugh at our decor styles now. ;)

I don't own DVC (yet ;)) so rented them. I stayed at BLT in June for 10 nights, it was fabulous! I loved it & can't wait to get back there.

Long walk's to the rooms reminds me of my stay at Yacht Club - Jeez it was miles, I think we were actually one of the furthest rooms from the lobby. :laughing:

How lovely BLT for 10 nights:thumbsup2 We did the tour and nearly added on, but we didn't...I already own at VWL so if I were to add on it would be at BWV now.

That sounds very familiar to the trek we had to our last room at BWV's

So will you becoming a member soon then;)? How exciting.

I thought that sort of colour/theme was coming back;)

I remember in the 70's when I was a child;) that colour scheme, very nice indeed.
Those were the days!!!:hippie:

How lovely BLT for 10 nights:thumbsup2 We did the tour and nearly added on, but we didn't...I already own at VWL so if I were to add on it would be at BWV now.

That sounds very familiar to the trek we had to our last room at BWV's

So will you becoming a member soon then;)? How exciting.

I loved Wilderness Lodge when we stayed there, would love to stay there again.

No I don't think it will be anytime soon, but I hope we will one day. :wizard: (Although I would need to persuade my DH first) :rolleyes:

Hi. Yes there are still goodies 'given' away. You get DCL lanyards at check in, and a welcome gift for returning cruisers waiting in your stateroom. At the moment it is a nice bag with 2 metal mugs with spouts, 2 rice crispy treats and a key ring. If it is a couple of years since you cruised, the bag is different to the one you got then and much more useable. If you are eligible to go to the Castaway Club get together(6th cruise upwards) there were plastic printed Champagne flutes given out.

On the WBTA we also got a Ducky Lithograph and a cute miniature travel trunk decorated with the names of places visited, and dated with our cruise. Quite nice to keep little bits and pieces in. Not sure about special pins for this cruise as i don't collect them, but I don't remember any announcements about any at all. If you are a DVC member you can pick up pins and other little things every day though.

That sounds scary Karen. Does she carry an Epipen for these occasions? Glad she is ok.

Granmaz, Thanks for this information, I hadn't seen it anywhere and thought maybe they stopped doing these things! I'm excited that they still do some fun give aways! I really liked the red and black bags we got last time, so I'm thrilled to hear the new ones are better! Thanks!

I was just wondering......how many people have already gone on the Disney transatlantic cruie before? Would be interested in knowing what you did on all those days at sea? We loved the Disney Med. cruise that we took in back in May....but we were constantly busy....not much down time.

Do they have the same format for dinner.....formal night.....semi-formal night.....Pirate night....etc.?

Hope everyone has a magical pixiedust: evening!

Disney Deb

I was just wondering......how many people have already gone on the Disney transatlantic cruie before? Would be interested in knowing what you did on all those days at sea? We loved the Disney Med. cruise that we took in back in May....but we were constantly busy....not much down time.

Do they have the same format for dinner.....formal night.....semi-formal night.....Pirate night....etc.?

Disney Deb

My DH John and I did the WBTA 2010 cruise. There are a total for 7 days at sea. Our DIS thread had so many activities planned for the thread that you could participate in or as many did, you could relax. The main reason we are doing the WTBA is the sea days.

The dining rotations are basically the same just 2 formal nights.

Here is a link to where you can see some of the activities planned on the last WBTA.

Activities:

Noel - You and the other previous WBTA-ers are always a plethora of information. Thank you all SO MUCH!! :cheer2:

Disney Deb

There always seemed to be plenty going on, but we chose to just chill and meet up with friends now and then and walk around.

As Noel said there seemed to be loads of activities organised by the Dis thread, particularly of the boozy variety!!!;) We had a cruiser who did 4 jewellery workshops where we made some lovely necklaces and bag charms. Unfortunately she isn't on this cruise. On top of that there DCL activities. There were of the normal kind like paper plane folding, origami, ship tours, etc, but also extras like an ongoing acted out mystery, 'Desperate Shipmates' which covered the sea days, and guest lectures. There were chef's cooking demonstrations, but I am not sure if they do that on the normal cruises.

There were some excellent films on in the Buena Vista Theatre too, and a good selection on the TV now also. We did watch an odd film on the TV, but the problem was knowing when which one was starting. We always seemed to find them in the middle.:rotfl2:

We loved the sea days, but I did hear of some folk, particularly men, who did get bored. It could have been the having 5 all in a row though. Our friend started off bored and then ended up loving it. I think he had a hard time relaxing after his busy job.

I have to say though that I think the good weather helped how these sea days went, so we must hope for the same again.

I loved Wilderness Lodge when we stayed there, would love to stay there again.

No I don't think it will be anytime soon, but I hope we will one day. :wizard: (Although I would need to persuade my DH first) :rolleyes:
We love the VWL too... it feels very homely for us:)

Get persuading him Claire:goodvibes

My DH John and I did the WBTA 2010 cruise. There are a total for 7 days at sea. Our DIS thread had so many activities planned for the thread that you could participate in or as many did, you could relax. The main reason we are doing the WTBA is the sea days.

The dining rotations are basically the same just 2 formal nights.

Here is a link to where you can see some of the activities planned on the last WBTA.

Activities:
Fab info thank you.
There always seemed to be plenty going on, but we chose to just chill and meet up with friends now and then and walk around.

As Noel said there seemed to be loads of activities organised by the Dis thread, particularly of the boozy variety!!!;) We had a cruiser who did 4 jewellery workshops where we made some lovely necklaces and bag charms. Unfortunately she isn't on this cruise. On top of that there DCL activities. There were of the normal kind like paper plane folding, origami, ship tours, etc, but also extras like an ongoing acted out mystery, 'Desperate Shipmates' which covered the sea days, and guest lectures. There were chef's cooking demonstrations, but I am not sure if they do that on the normal cruises.

There were some excellent films on in the Buena Vista Theatre too, and a good selection on the TV now also. We did watch an odd film on the TV, but the problem was knowing when which one was starting. We always seemed to find them in the middle.:rotfl2:

We loved the sea days, but I did hear of some folk, particularly men, who did get bored. It could have been the having 5 all in a row though. Our friend started off bored and then ended up loving it. I think he had a hard time relaxing after his busy job.

I have to say though that I think the good weather helped how these sea days went, so we must hope for the same again.

Some great info there too:) I hope that the cruise is as good as last years weather wise.

Can I ask previous cruisers did you pack 14 days worth of clothing, plus your formal/night wear or did you wash onboard?
We're just wondering what you all did. Our luggage allowance isn't that good.

Fab info thank you.

You are welcome!!

Some great info there too:) I hope that the cruise is as good as last years weather wise.
pixiedust: and prayers for the same weather as it was perfect!!

Can I ask previous cruisers did you pack 14 days worth of clothing, plus your formal/night wear or did you wash onboard?
We're just wondering what you all did. Our luggage allowance isn't that good.

We actually took more than two weeks of clothing as we spent a week in Barcelona. I shipped the majority of my clothing to be held at the Le Meridien because of the airline luggage allowance.

Since we flew on miles to Frankfurt, we only had to get to Barcelona from there. On Air Berlin, we had a really cheap flight from Frankfort to Barcelona with a ridiculously low fare but just as ridiculously low baggage allowance. Even with shipping the one bag, it was still cheaper than any other fare. I plan to do the same next year with one week less clothes.

I did sent a few things out to be pressed and washed on the cruise. At the end of the cruise, I did do a load of underwear and tee shirts but that is the extent of my washing.

Here I am again, apologising for being so behind on the thread. One more week of school to go and then I have 9 weeks of vacation time and I promise I'll be here more often.
:welcome: to all the newcomers!
Noel - Love your new welcome wagon message, was so excited to read it, everything seems so real now!;)
Karen - Glad your boss is OK, My BFF has a nut allergy also and carries an epipen, pretty scary allergy to have, there are nuts in everything! :eek:
Maz - Love your photo, just so innocent and sweet looking! :)
I meant to reply to many posts, have forgotten most, My head is about to explode at the moment, life is just HECTIC! All good stuff though! ;)

Any suggestions on colors?

Noel, I sent you a message, I am happy to give money for the lanyard team, let me know and I'll paypal it to you. I think black, navy, blue, red or yellow would be nice, I think it's nice to keep the Disney Magic colours?

A lot also comes down to me first needing to really say goodbye to my plans/desire/wish of returning to Australia in 2011.

Don't forget a little bit of Aussie is coming! There's 3 families so far, us, my next door neighbours and I'm sure there was another family from WA? I could get my hubbie to give you a wake up call each morning with his best Aussie accent, LOL! :rotfl:

We ate dinner and Chefs de France last year...never again! It had to be the worse meal ever.

I love Chefs de France, best french onion soup ever, and the creme brulee, OMG! :lovestruc

I just dropped in to say, I hate this thread:rotfl:
every time I see it,I want to click on it, I am so sad I cant come again next year, you guys are going to have such a great time.
OK... over and out, resume exciting planning,promise never to bother you again:goodvibes

Maz - Love your photo, just so innocent and sweet looking! :)

I love Chefs de France, best french onion soup ever, and the creme brulee, OMG! :lovestruc

Thank you!! I am still pretty innocent looking, just not so sweet any more!!:lmao:

That is why we do lunch at Les Chefs. You can get the lunch deal and have the soup and Creme Brullee within the deal for a very good price.:love:

I just dropped in to say, I hate this thread:rotfl:
every time I see it,I want to click on it, I am so sad I cant come again next year, you guys are going to have such a great time.
OK... over and out, resume exciting planning,promise never to bother you again:goodvibes

Get your self on this cruise Mrs!! We will miss you. You can rebook in January and get your discount etc!!! Come on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter