Sep. 7, 2015 on the Dream

I think the Mickey Mouse-querade party is just a Halloween party, so masks wouldn't be a requirement. The Halloween cruise doesn't really affect what my girls are going to wear since they were already bringing their princess dresses and they will wear them for the party. My mom is already planning on wearing her Maleficent costume and I will probably dress up as something. I was kind of leaning towards Ursula for some reason. I doubt that my husband or my dad dress up, but they may surprise me.[/QUO

I was totally looking forward to a masquerade party, I should have watched the youtube video before I got my hopes up. Oh well it will still be fun. I told the kids we were going to a pirate party and asked my daughter if she wanted to be a mermaid or a pirate, of coarse a mermaid and she informed me I had to be one to. I love sewing so I'm excited about all the costumes.

I'm torn on door decorations - Halloween, Disney or boat themed? So many decisions to be made! I can't wait till September but so much to do before hand and not telling the kids is KILLING me!

I was totally looking forward to a masquerade party, I should have watched the youtube video before I got my hopes up. Oh well it will still be fun. I told the kids we were going to a pirate party and asked my daughter if she wanted to be a mermaid or a pirate, of coarse a mermaid and she informed me I had to be one to. I love sewing so I'm excited about all the costumes.

I'm torn on door decorations - Halloween, Disney or boat themed? So many decisions to be made! I can't wait till September but so much to do before hand and not telling the kids is KILLING me!
Even if it is just a costume party, you can still wear masks! :smooth: I think a masquerade Halloween party would have been fun. I've never been to one so it would have been another first!

We are all going full pirate for that night, but it will be fun to have some mermaids in the crowd! The girls' already have their pirate costumes or I might have asked them if they wanted to be mermaids!
I'm decorating our door with a little bit of Disney and Disney Halloween. I already have one magnet that has all of my family's favorite characters. I'll design a Halloween magnet before we go on the trip, because Halloween! :hmghost:

Even if it is just a costume party, you can still wear masks! :smooth: I think a masquerade Halloween party would have been fun. I've never been to one so it would have been another first!

We are all going full pirate for that night, but it will be fun to have some mermaids in the crowd! The girls' already have their pirate costumes or I might have asked them if they wanted to be mermaids!
I'm decorating our door with a little bit of Disney and Disney Halloween. I already have one magnet that has all of my family's favorite characters. I'll design a Halloween magnet before we go on the trip, because Halloween! :hmghost:
Mermaids would be awesome! I was thinking of doing a little Halloween on my door as well. We didn't decorate our door the first time (because we didn't know) and so excited about decorating this time. Some people go all out! We loved walking up and down the halls looking at all of the decoration.

You know I seen a FE page for a 4 night cruise on May 18 2015 it only had 15 pages of conversations on it we are up to 57 :disrocks::disrocks:

How is everyone planning to spend their CC day? Any excursions planned? Or just hanging out on the beach? We are planning to bike ride, snorkel and hang out on the beach. I might do the stingray thing with my dd if she is into it, not sure yet. But not committing to anything. I may also run the 5k but I really hesitate to cut into my precious cc time. I mean, I can run anywhere.

What about everyone else? I just want to chat about our cruise to satisfy my obsessing. I can't stop thinking about it. Indulge me!

Has anyone heard anything about the Graycliff Chocolatier – The Art of Chocolate Making and Factory Tour in Nassau? My Husband was thinking about doing it.
What is your ideas on what to do in Nassau, castaway were just going to do the beach with no plans. In Nassau though i really don't wanna just jump in with no plans.

How is everyone planning to spend their CC day? Any excursions planned? Or just hanging out on the beach? We are planning to bike ride, snorkel and hang out on the beach. I might do the stingray thing with my dd if she is into it, not sure yet. But not committing to anything. I may also run the 5k but I really hesitate to cut into my precious cc time. I mean, I can run anywhere.

What about everyone else? I just want to chat about our cruise to satisfy my obsessing. I can't stop thinking about it. Indulge me!
We're just planning on hanging out at the beach! :beach: We looked at the kayak excursion, but decided against it when we saw that it lasted for 3 1/2 hours. The girls' would be at Scuttle's Cove and I don't want to be out of reach for that long. So it's going to be beach lounging, a few drinks, and renting floats for us.

Has anyone heard anything about the Graycliff Chocolatier – The Art of Chocolate Making and Factory Tour in Nassau? My Husband was thinking about doing it.
What is your ideas on what to do in Nassau, castaway were just going to do the beach with no plans. In Nassau though i really don't wanna just jump in with no plans.
We are planning on visiting Ardastra Gardens and going to the Straw Market in Nassau. We have kids that are fairly young, so that limits our excursion options. I just recently changed my mind about Ardastra. I wasn't going to go because it is small and there are not many animals there that we can't see at home. But then I realized that it is more like a botanical garden with a few animals (mostly birds) instead of a zoo. Plus I found out that the flamingos just roam around and I've never been real close to one. At our zoos here, all the flamingo exhibits keep them a good distance away. We are going to take a cab to Ardastra instead of Disney's excursion with the city tour. I looked at it, but I didn't like limiting our time at the "zoo" and the girls would not be interested in the city tour. Then we're going to the Straw Market because my dad loves tourist traps like that. He is big into garage sales and flea markets, so he will enjoy it. Plus I'm hoping to get a carved wood sea turtle and maybe a hat! lol. I'm also going to stop at the Tortuga Rum Cake Shop that is in the area.

Were going to drop off the kids in their clubs, drop off the teenagers for some teenager things to do then head for the adult beach then back to pick everyone up and go to the family beach

Were going to drop off the kids in their clubs, drop off the teenagers for some teenager things to do then head for the adult beach then back to pick everyone up and go to the family beach
Are you signing them up for teen excursions? Or will they just hang out at the teen area (is there a teen area on cc?) Adult beach sounds nice too. Less crowded. We'll see what happens. I'm totally into snorkeling. It's a must do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter