Selfie Sticks Banned

I am SOOOOO glad that Disney did this! We just got back from a week-long trip there last week. Spent about 40% of our time walking through the Magic Kingdom dodging selfie sticks. I have never seen so many in my life. Literally thousands of them over the course of 5 days. People in lines with them, stopping all over the sidewalks with them, taking them out in restaraunts....Even a family swinging one all over on the monorail ride over from the GF. Almost hit the poor woman across from them.

Every time I saw one of these while we were there a couple weeks ago I so badly wanted to ask the people if I could take the picture for them. But I'm not that brave so I didn't. lol
I didn't noticed them that much though.

I was at a local beer fest this past weekend and saw my first selfie stick. A group of drunk girls (my guess is they are in their early 20s) taking selfies of themselves. It was crazy because the beer fest was held under these large tents but it was raining that day so everyone was crammed under the tents. Those girls were drunk and that selfie stick kept swinging around. I didn't see anyone get hit but I was just waiting for it to happen.

Now if only tablet video taking was banned, i would like to see the fireworks naturally, not through your iPad.

If they started adding a small message into each attraction/show about screen brightness it'd help a whole heck of a lot.

Something like "Hey folks, to enhance the show for those around you, if recording with a smartphone or tablet device please lower the screen brightness to the minimum. Thank you!"

You'll always deal with someone riding shoulders or being taller/having a big head or big hair. The issue for me is how dang bright the things are. It's like looking into a thousand flashlights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter