Secrets of the third attraction revealed

I just had a revelation....we've all been thinking JP3, we don't even know the polt to JP4, and if my reading of the article was right it is going to be tied into that sequel?

Well, since you see the dinos flying towards civilization at the end of JP3, I'm thinking it will be along the lines of the old monster film Q: The Winged Serpent. I'll let the plot summary speak for itself... http://us.imdb.com/Plot?0084556

eh....I dunno....Speilberg was babbling about how he has this great plot idea and such and such....and seeing as how JP/// didn't have much of a script until they were actually filming and was changed many, many, MANY times...I doubt it will have anything to do with the Pteranodons at the end...

Chris

I can see the need for revitalizing the studios. However, if IOA suffers from a consumer awareness problem, won’t putting everything into the studios exacerbate this situation?

Just thought a new attraction would give IOA something to promote to help correct this imbalance. Plus, there is so much great theming at IOA I’d want to sponge off of it.

Should the next IOA attraction be coaster based? Is there a concern about reinforcing the misperception that IOA is just a “coaster” park? I wonder if a non-coaster thrill attraction isn’t a better choice. What is the marketing message about IOA they want the average consumer to have?

Scooby Doo?

The film was WB's but could they do something around the character? (As with Spidey, that movie wasn't their's either was it?)

Didn't I read there is a sequel in the works?

They have some sort of rights to Hanna Barbera stuff and I think ol' Scooby has shown some legs.

Besides, assuming (maybe wrong) that they are to use the Kong space they could probably come up with some sort of tie in. (Spooky museum setting?) He's very big again.

Just a dumb guess.

Don, I like your guess. Since UO and the mouse seem to try and match each other attraction for attraction (i.e. MIB vs. Buzz, Dr. Doom vs. ToT, etc.), it would be a good offset to MK's Haunted Mansion. With today's technology, they could probably really outdo the HM.

? Is there a concern about reinforcing the misperception that IOA is just a “coaster” park
Since IOA is a great coaster park (amoung other features) I would think they'd want a flying coaster to maintain their position.

i dunno...

i still believe "mums" the word ;)

oh! oh! oh! i just thought about this, what about an austin powers attraction?

YEA BABY!

take a wild ride in a mini, while trying to capture dr. evil and there could even be a special apperance by fat ******* and mini me :p

how wicked would that be?

i forgot to add this:

austin is an international man of mystery so that doesnt tie him directly to britain, what US state is anymore international than new york?

also mike meyers himself said he would like to do more austin powers movies. they dont take long to produce and it is a franchise that does very well and is reconized. i could definitely see another movie by 2004.

As much as I'd LOVE for that to happen, don't think it will...

It would be neat to make a steel or wooden racing coaster based on The Fast and the Furious.

I also thought it would be neat to put a wild mouse type coaster in Seuss Landing.

The reason I say Rockin' Rollercoaster is because of the launch, but that would be fun to have a racing launching coaster. The launch would simulate the felling of streetracing and the racing aspect is self explanatory.

You can still do a launched racing coaster. It can be like Lightning Racer on steel tracks. The heavier train wins! :)

I guess you REALLY do like Lightning Racer, eh Barry? Yes a racer would certainly be fun... I loved the Racer at Kennywood and Gemini at CP. I don't want a RnRC spin-off because that ride is not that incredible, I think Universal has bigger plans for us.

Gault said the new ride would be a Spidey caliber ride, utilizing new technology. Now, when most people think of themepark technolgy, they think of simulators, and not so much Roller Coasters. Now, of course, the question is, IOA or USF?

If the new 'big' attraction is at USF, and it's not 'Shrek' or "Jimmy Neutron', then I'm afraid it may be The Fast & The Furious. Afraid, because if that is true, it may replace my favorite ride.

Gault has been reported mentioning TF&TF as a possible replacement for BTTF, and he has been quoted saying that he wants to do something with BTTF by 2003. Well, at the BTTF message board, we are all optimistically hoping tha that means a re-vamped version of BTTF, but we all also have the nagging idea that, if BTTF go soon, it will be replaced by TF&TF.

They have been movieng 'Fast' movie cars into the USF park recently, not to mention merchandise... even right into the BTTF store.

Gault said the sequel to the movie may be coming out when the ride opens. If it were an attraction like Harry Potter, or LOTR, or Matrix, there wouldn't be a 'may' in there. It seems like he wasn't even sure if the sequel to this property was coming out. That sound alot like the 'Fast' sequel.

Now, if said new attraction is at IOA, then I'd have to guess a new JP ride (hopefully, the Jeep chase themed one). Aside from X-Men 2, there is no other movie property with a sequel coming out soon that would fit in any of the other islands other then JP. Gualt also said it was a movie we already saw. Does that mean it was a movie we already saw as a movie, or a movie we already saw as an attraction? If it's the latter, then I would have to go with JP again. And the JP4 rumours would put it into something that would require a 'may'.

Here's hopeing for a new JP ride, and nothing that will replace BTTF (aside from a new BTTF concept).

P.S. Whatever happened to the Mummy in the Kong building? Is that a sure thing, or could there be a diffeent attraction lodged in there?

-Kevin

The next three are all at USF. Number three won't be Fast and Furious.

The next three are:

1. Jimmy Neutron (2003)

2. Shrek (2003)

3. Kong replacement (2004)

p.s. - Jeep ride rumor is just that.

Has anyone experienced the new "Corkscrew Hill" at Busch Gardens Williamsburg? It's a large screen, large theater format simulator done in 3-D. It's quite effective. BG could have done more with it, but the attraction is good as it is.

I'm wondering if Shrek may be this type of attraction.

To me, "The Fast & Furious" isn't as big as the other themes which UO use IMO. Many won't have a clue what the movie is about. Men in Black, Terminator, Jaws etc are all better known.

As for Harry Potter & Matrix, how would Universal get the rights to create a themepark attraction based on one of these when Warner Bros own the film rights? To the best of my knowledge, Six Flags may make attractions based on these films (esp Matrix) in the near future as they have with other WB films such as Batman.

I was trying to think about all the major sequels in 2003 and came to little answer for possibles. My only choice was X-men 2 but that would surely go into Marvel @ IOA.

LOTR does make alot of sense but is New Line a Universal company?

As for other possibilities, i KNOW universal already have a terminator attraction but the third film is MAJOR business, already hacking up A HUGE production cost in film history (about $170 million). Doesn't sound like a wise option though to have 2 terminator attractions.

Scooby Doo is also a major Six Flags ride franchise now so i'd doubt if this would be a replacement, that would mean three kiddie attractions at once :(

Getting complicated ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter