Seaworld, Disney, Celebrities, Friends, and a Hurricane Aug 16 to 26 - Update Dec 1

All of the pictures are great, but I'm especially appreciative of the Downtown Disney ones, as we did not get a chance to spend time there on this trip. Working around naps and bedtimes for little ones without a variety of adults to trade them back and forth with meant I always had to be there for the naps and the bedtimes, obviously.

Looking at your World Showcase pictures - I was just there on Tuesday, so I could still very easily 'be there'. I took a picture for my Canadian DIS friends of a sweatshirt that said Canadians Rock!, I believe. I'll have to look at my pictures when I get them loaded.

All of the pictures are great, but I'm especially appreciative of the Downtown Disney ones, as we did not get a chance to spend time there on this trip. Working around naps and bedtimes for little ones without a variety of adults to trade them back and forth with meant I always had to be there for the naps and the bedtimes, obviously.

Looking at your World Showcase pictures - I was just there on Tuesday, so I could still very easily 'be there'. I took a picture for my Canadian DIS friends of a sweatshirt that said Canadians Rock!, I believe. I'll have to look at my pictures when I get them loaded.

The work of a grandma is never ending.:lmao::lmao:

Of course we Canadians rock, we're awesome!! :goodvibes

Glad you had a good trip MeMom, even with those little bumps in the road that sometimes come from traveling with friends.

Back from meetings in Ottawa and about to head out to my masters soccer league finals, second year in a row. :cool1::cool1:

Off to Moncton for some meetings with the new basketball team that begins playing in the NBL (National Basketball League). If any of you are NBA fans, maybe you can get your bball fix from this new pro league in Canada.

I should have some time after that to get a good push through the rest of this report. Talk to you soon.

I am here. How nice that the CM gave your son thee new Laynard. she is a VIP CM, you can tell by the vest she is wearing.

I just sent a package to NB, Canada. I sold a pair of jeans on EBay. they were $96 jeans that I paid $29. I only bought one pair, but the company charged me for 2 and sent me two. My son told me to sell them and I did, I got $64. Cost me $11 to mail them, to your fine country.

I am here and have just read through the report thus far. Love the pics of Declan in front of the tow truck. It is so fun to watch our kids grow!

I am here. How nice that the CM gave your son thee new Laynard. she is a VIP CM, you can tell by the vest she is wearing.

I just sent a package to NB, Canada. I sold a pair of jeans on EBay. they were $96 jeans that I paid $29. I only bought one pair, but the company charged me for 2 and sent me two. My son told me to sell them and I did, I got $64. Cost me $11 to mail them, to your fine country.

Welcome! I didn't know that was what the vest signified. All the CMs at City Hall were wearing them that day.

I am here and have just read through the report thus far. Love the pics of Declan in front of the tow truck. It is so fun to watch our kids grow!

I love taking that picture, it really shows how much he has grown up over the last 7 years.

joining in

Welcome, happy to have a new reader.

I know I am late, but I am going back to catch up.
:goodvibes

Welcome and don't worry, you'll have some time. I should have another update in a day or so. I'm working on some new pictures as I type.

Checking in on the rockin' Canadian part of the DIS family. Hope all is well. I know you guys are as busy as we are - always here, there, and everywhere! I hope to get more DIS time during the Thanksgiving break, but until them, it's going to be just a few minutes in the mornings and a few minutes on some nights. School definitely has the lion's share of my time right now.

Hope Declan is doing okay with his healing. I know he hates not being able to play.

How was you visit to Ottawa?

How's Declan doing with his cast?

Great pics! Loved catching up. :thumbsup2

I was observing at the Canadian Paralympic Committee's annual congress so I didn't get out in Ottawa to much this trip. I did get to a nice restaurant called the Empire Grill. I would recommend it if you ever get the chance.

Declan is doing great, he hasn't complained at all and even managed to go to one basketball practice. He didn't do much but some one-handed shooting but it all helps.

Checking in on the rockin' Canadian part of the DIS family. Hope all is well. I know you guys are as busy as we are - always here, there, and everywhere! I hope to get more DIS time during the Thanksgiving break, but until them, it's going to be just a few minutes in the mornings and a few minutes on some nights. School definitely has the lion's share of my time right now.

Hope Declan is doing okay with his healing. I know he hates not being able to play.

Hey MeMom, thanks for checking in. This time of the year is a busy time at work for me. Lots of travel and our annual summitt/agm and awards to put on. Pooksma is always busy during the school year but I don't have to tell you that.

I am almost finished editing the next day's pictures so I should have another update in a day or two.

Hope you are having a good day.

OK, I have been slacking off so I better get another update on here.

I hope none of you are snowed in today. We have some friends that are trying to get to WDW today and have been stuck at the Orlando airport since 10 am this morning. Last word was they were about to board so we're crossing our fingers for them (even though we are jealous).

August 24 - almost to the end. :sad1:

Today's big highlight would be our fantastic dinner at Boma with some great friends from the 'Peg. OK who can tell me where that is? You can't guess if you live there. :lmao:

Our morning plan was to head to DHS but first it was time to check on the hurricane. She was starting to move further off the coast so it was starting to look like we would get out. The concern now became beating it home.

First stop was the Concierge desk to change Declan's non-working string thing. They sent me to the gift shop even though they didn't carry them. One of the CMs thought they had them at the Riverside gift shop so they called over. They had them and would put one away so we could pick it up. :banana:

Off to the bus we went and were at DHS by 9 am. I made the FP dash to TSM while pooksma and Declan went to sign up for the Jedi Academy. Some pictures of my wait.

IMG_5231.jpg

IMG_5233.jpg

IMG_5236.jpg

IMG_5237.jpg

Made in through the line and had 12:05 FPs. This line is much more organized then it used to be, seemed to move quicker.

I made my way to the old Sounds Dangerous area to check on the family. They were still in line to sign up so I waited outside. I got to listen to a woman give a CM a sob story to get a better time and that one of her kids had to fight Darth Maul or he would be devastated. :headache: Man give it up. Unfortunately it worked. Eventually they got signed up and we had to be back at 11:20 for the 11:45 show.

We headed to RnR to go stand-by with about a 30 minute wait.

IMG_5240.jpg

IMG_5241.jpg

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5243.jpg

Another great time was had on the freeways of LA and that concert is always awesome. :thumbsup2

After the ride, we didn't think we would have enough time for TOT so we headed back to check in for the Academy. Along the way we stopped at the Villains Shop and the Hat for some pins. Does anyone else wish they would do more with the Villains Shop? There are so many great villains that they could use in there.

IMG_5252.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

IMG_5256.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg

This was going on while we were at the hat.

IMG_5255.jpg

That's it for now, we're off to do some pumpkin carving.

Great pictures from DHS. I look forward to the Academy and Boma pictures.
I am sorry to say I have no idea about were the Peg would be, but I looking forward to finding out.

Good luck on the pumpkin carving and do we get pictures?:goodvibes

Who expects snow to interfere in travel plans in October??? :headache:

Looks like a fun day at DHS. I completely agree about the villains shop. So much opportunity, so much disappointment.

Today's big highlight would be our fantastic dinner at Boma with some great friends from the 'Peg. OK who can tell me where that is? You can't guess if you live there. :lmao:

My warped brain makes a Disney connection here.
I'm guessing that the ' in the 'Peg stands for the same thing (or close to it) as a certain honey-eating Disney bear.

pooh: + peg = Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Boma - from the AKL lobby, the wonderful aroma lures you down the stairs. It smells so good! We've only eaten there once, but be assured, we plan to do that one again. ::yes::

They should have a spot for a Villains meet & greet at Villains in Vogue. :maleficen

Great pictures from DHS. I look forward to the Academy and Boma pictures.
I am sorry to say I have no idea about were the Peg would be, but I looking forward to finding out.

Good luck on the pumpkin carving and do we get pictures?:goodvibes

Pumpkin carving went well. I didn't take a picture of the pumpkin yet but I will and post it later.

Who expects snow to interfere in travel plans in October??? :headache:

Looks like a fun day at DHS. I completely agree about the villains shop. So much opportunity, so much disappointment.

Snowing here this morning a bit. We didn't get too much...yet...but it is wet and heavy. Suppose to warm up again tomorrow so I hoping for no shovelling.

My warped brain makes a Disney connection here.
I'm guessing that the ' in the 'Peg stands for the same thing (or close to it) as a certain honey-eating Disney bear.

pooh: + peg = Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Boma - from the AKL lobby, the wonderful aroma lures you down the stairs. It smells so good! We've only eaten there once, but be assured, we plan to do that one again. ::yes::

They should have a spot for a Villains meet & greet at Villains in Vogue. :maleficen

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!!!

Good connection with Winnie the Pooh. That is exactly how Pooh got his name, it is based on the Winnipeg.

A villains meet would be very cool. I want a picture with Hades!

Great morning at DHS!! I can't believe how fast those TSM FP go!!
Villians meet would be cool. DH and DSs would enjoy that.
DH carved our pumpkin last night- It's a Jack Skellington face. My DSs loved it :)

Great morning at DHS!! I can't believe how fast those TSM FP go!!
Villians meet would be cool. DH and DSs would enjoy that.
DH carved our pumpkin last night- It's a Jack Skellington face. My DSs loved it :)

It is fun to watch the FP time and try to guess what time you will get.

------------------------

Here are a some pictures from the pumpkin. Declan started it but had some trouble with one arm so I finished it for him.

IMG_5809.jpg

IMG_5816.jpg

He didn't let his broken arm slow him down in the snowing mess we had today.

IMG_5794.jpg

IMG_5795.jpg

IMG_5797.jpg

Not nearly as much snow as some places but come on, it isn't even the end of October!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter