Seaworld, Disney, Celebrities, Friends, and a Hurricane Aug 16 to 26 - Update Dec 1

Great job! Thanks for writing about your trip.

Looks like it was a good time. Going home is always hard, but getting another chance to do ToT and Rnr is always a good way to go out.

Thanks.

It was the first time we got to go to a park on the day of departure. It was a bit rushed by a nice way to finish the trip.

Thanks for reading along.

I really enjoyed your report. Have fun on your cruise. We were thinking of doing a cruise next year. we've never done one before. Which one were you thinking? Disney or other?

Thanks for reading.

We are doing a Carnival cruise out of Tampa. We did an eight day cruise last year with Carnival and really enjoyed it; this one will only be five days.

We have looked at Disney cruises a couple of times but they are a lot more expensive and on this upcoming trip, we couldn't make the dates work.

Enjoyed your trip report! Look forward to the next one!:)

Glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully we will get a trip scheduled for 2013. Since we started going to WDW in 2004, we have only missed 2006 so this next year may go by slowly.

Great report! That was fun to read.... I just got back a week ago from DL, and now I'm looking at flights and dates to see when I can go back. I need a new job.... Teaching does not usually pay me enough to get two trips in a year! :rotfl:

Great report! That was fun to read.... I just got back a week ago from DL, and now I'm looking at flights and dates to see when I can go back. I need a new job.... Teaching does not usually pay me enough to get two trips in a year! :rotfl:

Wow, didn't expect to see this report pop back up! Glad you enjoyed it.

We've never been to DL, do the two compare?

Wow, didn't expect to see this report pop back up! Glad you enjoyed it.

We've never been to DL, do the two compare?

I loved it! But they are both so different that I kept telling myself not to compare them. The parks are literally minutes (walking) from each other. I hated not staying on property, but had a Disneyland view (of both parks) and was able to walk to both parks, Downtown Disney and watch fireworks from our balcony. It was great to do the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour" at DL and walk literally where he walked. Because there are only two parks, it felt as though lots was missing, but at the same time, there was so much that didn't exist at WDW too. It was all good. But if you ever go, you have to try really hard NOT to compare them. I hear that most people, when they compare, they pick the first park they went to. They do things differently there too, like no EMH, but they do have Magic Mornings. On tickets 3 days or more, if you stay off park you get one Magic Morning. We got in at 7am (park opening at 8) and did 7 rights in Fantasyland before the park opened. It was great.

If you decide to go and have questions, let me know! It was worth it and I want to go back, when it's HOT!!!

I loved it! But they are both so different that I kept telling myself not to compare them. The parks are literally minutes (walking) from each other. I hated not staying on property, but had a Disneyland view (of both parks) and was able to walk to both parks, Downtown Disney and watch fireworks from our balcony. It was great to do the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour" at DL and walk literally where he walked. Because there are only two parks, it felt as though lots was missing, but at the same time, there was so much that didn't exist at WDW too. It was all good. But if you ever go, you have to try really hard NOT to compare them. I hear that most people, when they compare, they pick the first park they went to. They do things differently there too, like no EMH, but they do have Magic Mornings. On tickets 3 days or more, if you stay off park you get one Magic Morning. We got in at 7am (park opening at 8) and did 7 rights in Fantasyland before the park opened. It was great.

If you decide to go and have questions, let me know! It was worth it and I want to go back, when it's HOT!!!

Thanks. We always thought it would be cool to visit all the Disney parks...but we haven't won the lottery yet. :lmao:

Thanks. We always thought it would be cool to visit all the Disney parks...but we haven't won the lottery yet. :lmao:

I hear ya! We stayed at the Howard Johnson across the road, and I've heard people can get way cheaper rooms than we got. (Getting the Disney view, we had the most expensive room, but it was still not too bad.) We were happy with the deal, but seeing as we were two friends travelling together, we split the room, so that helps! :rotfl:

Kind of new to posting and I found your trip report. I am enjoying it very much. You all look like you are having so much fun together.

Kind of new to posting and I found your trip report. I am enjoying it very much. You all look like you are having so much fun together.

Thanks, glad you are enjoying it.

We have a great time together. We have spent quite a bit of time at WDW by ourselves and we have started to add cruises to our trips. We just came back from a 5 day cruise in early March and we are looking at a Disney cruise for next year.

We have a great time together. We have spent quite a bit of time at WDW by ourselves and we have started to add cruises to our trips. We just came back from a 5 day cruise in early March and we are looking at a Disney cruise for next year.

Awesome! :cool1:
What month are you thinking of doing this?

Thanks, glad you are enjoying it.

Great! Can't wait to read that TR too! I would love to go on a cruise. Need a babysitter for Declan? :rotfl:

Awesome! :cool1:
What month are you thinking of doing this?

March again. The only problem with that is it will probably be our Disney trip for the year. We may get a day or to after the cruise if we're lucky.

Great! Can't wait to read that TR too! I would love to go on a cruise. Need a babysitter for Declan? :rotfl:

I think the kid clubs will take care of that and I don't think we can keep another Disney trip a secret from Declan. He still hasn't found out about the 2008 trip. :lmao:

March again. The only problem with that is it will probably be our Disney trip for the year. We may get a day or to after the cruise if we're lucky.

I hope you get some Disney park time along with the cruise, especially if that ends up being your only trip for the year. If Declan could only do two parks for one day each, which ones would he pick?

I hope you get some Disney park time along with the cruise, especially if that ends up being your only trip for the year. If Declan could only do two parks for one day each, which ones would he pick?

Good question, I will have to ask him. I would guess MK and DHS.

Hi Declansdad and Pooksma and Declan:

I just completed reading your report. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip. We were there just a couple of days after you left. We had a great time too.

I have so enjoyed seeing all your pictures. POFQ looks like a beautiful resort. We may have to go over and check it out when we go back this fall. Our plans are to check out several of the resorts we've never been to before.

You asked on Memom's report if there would be free dining on our trip and the answer is yes. We also got it last year for most of the trip. We thoroughly enjoyed it and were so glad to get it again. Our oldest daughter goes to college about 30-45 minutes south of Disney and we will be taking her back to school and then we'll be spending 11 nights at Disney. We're hoping she'll be able to come and spend at least one day with us as she did last year.

Again, this has been a wonderful report. It was fun seeing Declan "growing up" in front of the wrecker. You and ma look good (well I mean what few times we were allowed to see her :rotfl:).

You guys take care and maybe someday we can meet up again and take another ride on POTC! :)

I just completed reading your report. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful trip. We were there just a couple of days after you left. We had a great time too.

I have so enjoyed seeing all your pictures. POFQ looks like a beautiful resort. We may have to go over and check it out when we go back this fall. Our plans are to check out several of the resorts we've never been to before.

You asked on Memom's report if there would be free dining on our trip and the answer is yes. We also got it last year for most of the trip. We thoroughly enjoyed it and were so glad to get it again. Our oldest daughter goes to college about 30-45 minutes south of Disney and we will be taking her back to school and then we'll be spending 11 nights at Disney. We're hoping she'll be able to come and spend at least one day with us as she did last year.

Again, this has been a wonderful report. It was fun seeing Declan "growing up" in front of the wrecker. You and ma look good (well I mean what few times we were allowed to see her :rotfl:).

You guys take care and maybe someday we can meet up again and take another ride on POTC! :)

I guess having your daughter going to school near WDW is a great excuse for a trip. :goodvibes

That was our second time at POFQ and it is a great spot. It is nice and small so it is easy to get around and it is close to everything. EPCOT and DHS take no time at all, the drivers use the back way by Fort Wilderness to get to MK so that is pretty quick and AK takes maybe 15 minutes.

We had free dining last summer as well for for the entire trip. It is a nice incentive to take a trip. We even had free dining one day at SeaWorld, although the options are much fewer.

As you tell by my signature, we booked a 4 day cruise on the Dream. It is still a long ways away but we are pretty excited about our first Disney cruise. We will have a couple of days in Orlando at the end but I think we may have to do the unthinkable and finally go to Universal. Pooksma's brother will be in Orlando and Declan wants to ride the big coasters with him.

Totally not fair if you guys get to cross paths again before we get to meet either one of you once! :snooty:

But I do hope it works for you to meet again. ;)

I hope your daughter gets to come over and share some magic with you. You are staying for a good long time. Very nice! :thumbsup2

That was our second time at POFQ and it is a great spot. It is nice and small so it is easy to get around and it is close to everything.

As you tell by my signature, we booked a 4 day cruise on the Dream. It is still a long ways away but we are pretty excited about our first Disney cruise. We will have a couple of days in Orlando at the end but I think we may have to do the unthinkable and finally go to Universal. Pooksma's brother will be in Orlando and Declan wants to ride the big coasters with him.

A trip on the Dream will be incredible! :cool1:

POFQ is nice, isn't it? Quaint is the words that comes to mind. Definitely a different atmosphere than Pop.

Universal? :scared1: I guess it's okay for visiting, but don't let him go completely over to the dark side. :laughing:

A trip on the Dream will be incredible! :cool1:

POFQ is nice, isn't it? Quaint is the words that comes to mind. Definitely a different atmosphere than Pop.

Universal? :scared1: I guess it's okay for visiting, but don't let him go completely over to the dark side. :laughing:

No worries there, there is the new Fantasyland to visit. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter