Seaworld, Disney, Celebrities, Friends, and a Hurricane Aug 16 to 26 - Update Dec 1

IMG_5349.jpg

One of my favourite nights of our trip :cool1:
Mine too:hug: Can't wait for next time!!
Funny how we never got Declan's pic with Mickey. I wonder if that had something to do with the new pass system for meeting the Mouse?
We didn't see the main mouse either this trip...there were a lot of things we missed this trip:confused3
Re our server at Whispering Canyon- He was hilarious! I always love the look of shock :scared1: some people have when they are eating at WC. Don't they read the DIS?????
Apparently not:lmao: When we went in 2009 the server threw the napkins and straws on the table and the had a little freak out....really??? It wasn't like they couldn't see what was going on around them...made me laugh though cause he really made a fool of himself:rotfl2:
Wrap up coming soon...

:sad1: so soon? :sad1:

Update time:

First real life - less than a week until Declan gets his cast off. I know he is pretty happy about it. I know it is starting to get a little odiferous, so we will be happy. :lmao:

-----------------------

So when we left off we had returned to POFQ for a quick recharge and we headed back out to EPCOT around 4 pm. We did the usual with me heading through bag check while Pooksma and Declan headed for the gate. Somehow I managed to beat them in so I took a couple of pictures while I waited.

IMG_5485.jpg

IMG_5486.jpg

After we were all in we decided that we wanted to try Sum of All Thrills. Declan and I tried it at Christmas and wanted to do it again. This time Pooksma wanted to give it a go as well. Declan and I headed over while Pooksma went to the Art of Disney to get a print she wanted for her class. We picked up KP mission while waiting.

IMG_5488.jpg

IMG_5489.jpg

IMG_5492.jpg

Pooksma and Declan teamed up while I went solo. We both eneded designing the roller coaster and had a blast. I will say this ride is much better with a partner so that you watch them on the screen while you are actually in the simulator.

Next we headed to Norway to get our mission which was in China.

IMG_5507.jpg

IMG_5512.jpg

IMG_5514.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

We saved the world again and got called in to take on another mission in Germany. On our way across Asia, through the outpost and into Europe we ran into our friends from the 'Peg. If you have been reading along with Queenofallthings report, you will know they spent the day touring around EPCOT and having a great time.

We completed our mission and spent a bit of time sampling some of the products of Germany before heading to Italy to do the same.

IMG_5521.jpg

IMG_5522.jpg

IMG_5527.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5534.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg

Continued in next post.

We continued to walk along while deciding where to eat dinner.

IMG_5540.jpg

We decided on the Boulangerie Patisserie in France. This is a great little counter service hidden away in the back of the France pavilion. I would highly recommend it. For some reason I don't have any pictures. After eating we headed through the UK and stopped to take in some Off Kilter.

IMG_5543.jpg

IMG_5544.jpg

IMG_5545.jpg

IMG_5546.jpg

We then decided to head back into FutureWorld to finish up the day with some rides. Declan and I headed for Mars again on Mission Space and then we all headed to see Nemo and his friends.

IMG_5557.jpg

IMG_5561.jpg

IMG_5566.jpg

IMG_5579.jpg

After that headed headed out to pick up the poster and back to the resort around 9:30.

IMG_5581.jpg

IMG_5583.jpg

The next day will be our last day and we have a late flight so we will get to hit a park for the first time on our last day. We were fairly confident that Hurricane Irene wasn't going to stop us from getting out of Orlando but we were still a bit worried about Atlanta and further north.

Stay tuned for the last day.

Looked like a nice night in Epcot. We love the Patisserie in France too!! That is a must.
I'm sure Irene didn't get in the way. I know that b/c it got in our way on the 28th. We had to stay 2 more nights.

Enjoyed the walk around Epcot to start off my Friday. :thumbsup2 There are so many details in every country. A person could take hundreds of pictures, really, in any one of them. .

I know the smell of those casts. Getting it off is going to be nice for everyone. He will feel so free again!

Hope you guys have a great weekend! Don't forget to say Happy Birthday to Mickey today! ::MickeyMo

Love the pictures of EPCOT. I think we might give the Kim Possible Missions a try. DS is probably too young to get anything out of it, but I don't think DW and I are too old for it. :confused3 :lmao:

During this wonderful evening, I chose to try the "wine walk". I would highly recommend it and will try to post details some time this weekend.

Germany, Italy and France are an even better draw now:lmao:

Looked like a nice night in Epcot. We love the Patisserie in France too!! That is a must.
I'm sure Irene didn't get in the way. I know that b/c it got in our way on the 28th. We had to stay 2 more nights.

It was a very nice night but then again, most nights at WDW are nice. :goodvibes

Enjoyed the walk around Epcot to start off my Friday. :thumbsup2 There are so many details in every country. A person could take hundreds of pictures, really, in any one of them. .

I know the smell of those casts. Getting it off is going to be nice for everyone. He will feel so free again!

Hope you guys have a great weekend! Don't forget to say Happy Birthday to Mickey today! ::MickeyMo

Happy Birthday Mickey!

You can never get tired of taking pictures of all the details at WDW.

Love the pictures of EPCOT. I think we might give the Kim Possible Missions a try. DS is probably too young to get anything out of it, but I don't think DW and I are too old for it. :confused3 :lmao:

Just get him to watch a few episodes of KP before you go and you will all have a great time.

Great update! Love Declan's shirt...did he buy it in the UK at Epcot? I was looking at a Scottish one for my dad but the large didn't look large and the x-large looked way too big:confused3

Ah yes, the "wine and walk", Pooksma was having a great time with that! We were just grabbing whatever beverage was in the country we were passing:rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear about your last day!:thumbsup2

Great update! Love Declan's shirt...did he buy it in the UK at Epcot? I was looking at a Scottish one for my dad but the large didn't look large and the x-large looked way too big:confused3

Ah yes, the "wine and walk", Pooksma was having a great time with that! We were just grabbing whatever beverage was in the country we were passing:rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear about your last day!:thumbsup2

Yes he bought it in the UK. I looked at the Scottish jersey as well but I wasn't up to paying the $80 for it.

I was looking for the beer walk but they didn't have an official one so i made my own. ;)

OK it has only been 3 months and I finally finished editing the pictures of the last day and I'm ready to finish off this report. But not tonight, Survivor is on.

August 26 - The Final Day :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

IMG_5584.jpg

So for the first time we purposely scheduled a flight for late in the afternoon so that we could get in a little more park time. So one last check of the weather to make sure we would beat Irene up the coast. By this time, she moved further out to sea and wasn't going to impact Central Florida. We figured we were safe into Atlanta and hopefully beyond that. But before that, it was time to get moving.

We were up early and I headed to Resort Airline Check-in around 8 am. Fairly painless. Back to the room, grabbed the gang and headed to DHS arriving around 9:15. We wanted to do the big rides again so I grabbed FPs for RnR while pooksma and Declan hung out around ToT.

IMG_5586.jpg

ToT had no wait so we walked right into the library.

IMG_5587.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

IMG_5591.jpg

IMG_5596.jpg

IMG_5598.jpg

Next up Declan wanted to do another drawing class so we headed back to Animation Studio and waited for the next class.

IMG_5600.jpg

IMG_5601.jpg

IMG_5608.jpg

We then had our own Minnie sighting of the entire trip and then headed to the GMR.

IMG_5613.jpg

IMG_5615.jpg

IMG_5619.jpg

IMG_5623.jpg

IMG_5638.jpg

It was then time to use our FPs for RnR before heading back to POFQ. We had managed to get a later checkout time of noon and we were going to be cutting it close.

Our last park picture of this trip.

IMG_5641.jpg

We made it back right at noon and met up with a Mousekeeping supervisor at our room. The maid had asked her to check on us and apparently they weren't told we had a later check-out. All was straightened out and we grabbed our stuff and headed for the food court to grab some lunch and wait for ME.

I killed the time by taking some resort pictures that I will post in the next post.

A tour around POFQ

IMG_5643.jpg

IMG_5645.jpg

IMG_5648.jpg

IMG_5649.jpg

IMG_5652.jpg

IMG_5655.jpg

IMG_5658.jpg

IMG_5665.jpg

IMG_5674.jpg

IMG_5676.jpg

IMG_5681.jpg

IMG_5684.jpg

IMG_5687.jpg

IMG_5689.jpg

IMG_5698.jpg

We had no problems getting back except a missing bag in Portland Maine. It was the only bag we checked and they seemed to have misplaced it. Luckily they did find it within 30 minutes and we were the last people to leave the airport.

We shopped our way back to the north side of the border and got ready to wait out what Irene would bring to us. Luckily for us, again, she missed us entirely.

So there you have it, our most recent trip. We haven't planned another for 2012 but we will be heading south. We are planning a surprise cruise for Declan so that will be our big trip for this coming year. I hope you have enjoyed our report and hopefully there will be more to come.

You are making that poor kid go home??? :sad2:
Meanies!

Nice pictures of the resort. :thumbsup2 It's a beautiful, smaller resort. Very peaceful feel to it.

You are surprising Declan with a cruise?
Aww, ignore the meanies comment. :goodvibes

If you happen to pass through Tennessee on your way to your port, we'll be ready for a meet. :cool1:

Great ending to your TR! Your pictures around the resort are so nice! Maybe our paths will cross again in 2013...just a little FYI....we'll be going the last two weeks in August again that year:rolleyes1

You are making that poor kid go home??? :sad2:
Meanies!

Nice pictures of the resort. :thumbsup2 It's a beautiful, smaller resort. Very peaceful feel to it.

You are surprising Declan with a cruise?
Aww, ignore the meanies comment. :goodvibes

If you happen to pass through Tennessee on your way to your port, we'll be ready for a meet. :cool1:

Surprise cruise for his birthday in March and a trip to Montreal in early January to see the Canadians play the Winnipeg Jets. That will be one of his Christmas gifts.

I don't think Jet Blue will let us out of the plane on the way to Tampa. We'll see what we can do about that. :rotfl:

Great ending to your TR! Your pictures around the resort are so nice! Maybe our paths will cross again in 2013...just a little FYI....we'll be going the last two weeks in August again that year:rolleyes1

Last two weeks of August 2013. We will mark that one down. And just in case you didn't see my answer to MeMom just above, you are welcome to join us at the Bell Centre for the Habs-Jets game in January. Just don't expect us to cheer for the Jets, well Pooksma might. :lmao:

Great job! Thanks for writing about your trip.

Looks like it was a good time. Going home is always hard, but getting another chance to do ToT and Rnr is always a good way to go out.

I really enjoyed your report. Have fun on your cruise. We were thinking of doing a cruise next year. we've never done one before. Which one were you thinking? Disney or other?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter