SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried to increase my party size at the campground and it won't met me do it! :(

Are you actually staying there or is it a "throwaway?" I ask because 1) before adding are you sure the campsite would comfortably hold the number of people planning to stay there, or 2) are you not staying there, but trying to add a greater number of people to the reservation than allowed (like trying to put 8 people in a room WDW only allows 5 in)?

The maximum capacity for a campsite is apprently 10, which is a larger number than I would have guessed.

Last edited:
I think a lot of it depends on what your plans are and where you're going. At MK, the ones right inside Town Hall are rarely busy and great for when you walk in the park. But if you're rushing to 7D right at RD, it doesn't make sense to take the time and stop there at that point and it's way out of the way to return to so just dealing with the Philharmagic ones then might be easiest. Similarly, the International Gateway ones at Epcot are easy to use, but obviously not if you're not coming in that way. For Epcot I normally just use the main ones in the breezeways on either side and have never had a wait (lately, since they changed to 4th FPP on your phone). At HS I really like the ones by TSMM as they are rarely crowded or staffed (there are sometimes CM's nearby but they seem to be more on stroller duty but will help if needed). I do see lines at the ToT ones and the ones right in the middle of the park there frequently. At AK I've never had a problem with the ones on Discovery Island (right in the middle) so haven't searched out others.

This is super helpful - thank you!

I just tried to increase my party size at the campground and it won't met me do it! :(

Is your reservation room only? Or a package? According to ScrapYap, the functionality I'm experiencing may not be normal - I have no idea why! I'm sorry for the confusion.

Is your reservation room only? Or a package? According to ScrapYap, the functionality I'm experiencing may not be normal - I have no idea why! I'm sorry for the confusion.
It is a room only reservation (1 night tent campsite). I have bought our tickets separately. There are 5 guests but I would like to increase it to 7. Guess I'll will have to telephone but it would have been much easier using MDE.
Don't worry, no need to apologise:)

Ah, okay. I didn't realize these features weren't available to everyone - sorry for the confusion!

Also, FYI, I have similar options for dining! Under the confirmation number, I've got a "change reservation" option. It allows me to change the party size, date, and time, as long as there is availability (it does a search under the new parameters). I've been able to tweak

What you're seeing is a great sign for things to come for everyone.

MAGIC KINGDOM
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic
  • The Diamond Horseshoe
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Stitch's Great Escape!
  • City Hall / Guest Relations (not listed on park maps, not staffed)
EPCOT
  • Innoventions West Breezeway
  • Innoventions East Breezeway
  • Innoventions Plaza Tip Board (between SpaceShip Earth and Future World fountain)
  • International Gateway (between UK and France in World Showcase)
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
  • Corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard
  • Sunset Boulevard (between Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster)
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
  • Muppet*Vision 3D
ANIMAL KINGDOM
  • Disney Outfitters
  • Island Mercantile
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Tusker House Restaurant
  • Guest Relations (not listed on park maps, not staffed)

So out of these - the best (if want to do 1st thing when come in) would be (?)

MK - City Hall
Epcot - IG (if coming in that way)
HS - Corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard
AK - Guest Relations

?

I apologize if this has been asked, but wondering what the general consensus is about strategy for getting SDFP at Epcot. I plan to be there before rope drop, and heading to Soarin (hoping for FP+ for FEA), but wondering if I should stop at the SDFP kiosk first at rope drop, or go to Soarin and then go to the SDFP kiosk?

I apologize if this has been asked, but wondering what the general consensus is about strategy for getting SDFP at Epcot. I plan to be there before rope drop, and heading to Soarin (hoping for FP+ for FEA), but wondering if I should stop at the SDFP kiosk first at rope drop, or go to Soarin and then go to the SDFP kiosk?
That's probably one of the only ones where I'd take the time and stop at the kiosk first. Soarin line doesn't get that bad right away now with the 3 theaters and you're going to walk right by the kiosks on your way there. Plus, the Tier 1's (the main 3 good ones at least) go really quickly at Epcot - even at RD there may not be any left and any you find later will pretty much only be due to cancellations. If you have more people in your family, I might have everyone else move with the line/gaggle and one stop quickly at the kiosk. Obviously they'd want to stop before they get into the actual queue lines but you could possibly catch up with them right outside the entrance (to the queue, not the building) if they let some people go ahead of them while they waited for you. Or you could text when you were entering the building and they could get into the line then (it's usually somewhat of a gaggle feeding into the actual line area). Or just have them wait for you and worst case at that time of morning you're likely waiting one extra show at most.

That's probably one of the only ones where I'd take the time and stop at the kiosk first. Soarin line doesn't get that bad right away now with the 3 theaters and you're going to walk right by the kiosks on your way there. Plus, the Tier 1's (the main 3 good ones at least) go really quickly at Epcot - even at RD there may not be any left and any you find later will pretty much only be due to cancellations. If you have more people in your family, I might have everyone else move with the line/gaggle and one stop quickly at the kiosk. Obviously they'd want to stop before they get into the actual queue lines but you could possibly catch up with them right outside the entrance (to the queue, not the building) if they let some people go ahead of them while they waited for you. Or you could text when you were entering the building and they could get into the line then (it's usually somewhat of a gaggle feeding into the actual line area). Or just have them wait for you and worst case at that time of morning you're likely waiting one extra show at most.
Thanks for the info! It's actually just me and DH going, so hopefully should be a little easier to get what we want and move on quickly.

I've read through the initial post at least three times, maybe more.

I want to ensure I'm properly applying my new SDFP knowledge.

For some background: My next trip is in Nov. I have a Disney package booked with tickets, room, and DDP. My sister and I are listed on the package reservation. We each have our own MDE and I have access to her account and password. We are also linked as friends & family. I booked our FP+ at 60 days out for our stay. I have no rogue bands or cards in my possession at this time.

I also bought MVMCP tickets for myself and my sister on the first night of our trip. These were bought while logged into my MDE. The tickets are assigned to myself and my sister right now.

Could someone please confirm my thinking below is correct?

1. I could potentially buy two new "rogue" magic bands now via the Disney Store site and link those to phantom profiles in our MDEs - I'd use our nicknames or middle names for the phantoms.

2. Then could I reassign the MVMCP tickets to the phantoms.

3. Then at 30 days out, I could prebook additional FP+ for my sister and I for the party date only. I say 30 days because the phantoms have no room assignments. This exercise would then give us access to six pre-booked FP+ each (the three booked 60 days out on the primary profiles and the three added to the phantom profiles with the MVMCP tickets).

4. To enter the party we could use the "rogue bands" since they would have the MVMCP entitlements associated with them. And we could associate our fingerprints with those brand new rogue bands.

5. Then for the rest of the trip (since MVMCP is night one), We could use the rogue bands for SDFP at the kiosks?

If someone can confirm my thinking I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited:
I've read through the initial post at least three times, maybe more.

I want to ensure I'm properly applying my new SDFP knowledge.

For some background: My next trip is in Nov. I have a Disney package booked with tickets, room, and DDP. My sister and I are listed on the package reservation. We each have our own MDE and I have access to her account and password. We are also linked as friends & family. I booked our FP+ at 60 days out for our stay. I have no rogue bands or cards in my possession at this time.

I also bought MVMCP tickets for myself and my sister on the first night of our trip. These were bought while logged into my MDE. The tickets are assigned to myself and my sister right now.

Could someone please confirm my thinking below is correct?

1. I could potentially buy two new "rogue" magic bands now via the Disney Store site and link those to phantom profiles in our MDEs - I'd use our nicknames or middle names for the phantoms.

2. Then could I reassign the MVMCP tickets to the phantoms.

3. Then at 30 days out, I could prebook additional FP+ for my sister and I for the party date only. I say 30 days because the phantoms have no room assignments. This exercise would then give us access to six pre-booked FP+ each (the three booked 60 days out on the primary profiles and the three added to the phantom profiles with the MVMCP tickets).

4. To enter the party we could use the "rogue bands" since they would have the MVMCP entitlements associated with them. And we could associate our fingerprints with those brand new rogue bands.

5. Then for the rest of the trip (since MVMCP is night one), We could use the rogue bands for SDFP at the kiosks?

If someone can confirm my thinking I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Since you would be entering the park for the party with the ticket that you're using for prebooked FP, you're not violating the new Terms of Service associated with your MDE.

You've got it worked out correctly, with one small possible correction. You don't have to wait until the party to use the rogue bands for SDFP. They'll be ticketless for any day other than the party, but they will work at the kiosks for SDFP (which don't violate TOS because they are unrelated to tickets) any day before the party as well as any day after. "Day one" for the rogue bands will be the day you purchase and activate them (by linking to phantoms on your MDE).

Thanks for confirming @ScrapYap! Woo hoo reading the post all those times must have worked!

My MVMCP is the first day of my trip, so I wouldn't need SDFP before then but thanks for your thoroughness!

One other question. I just read the FP basics thread and it said:
  • If offsite guests are linked to or listed on accounts of onsite guests above, they share the onsite guests' booking window of 60 days.
> Should my bands arrive before 30 days out does that mean I could prebook FP for the phantoms in my profile immediately since my primary profile has a resort stay within 60 days already?

> When you buy a band on the Disney store site do you get the magic band code immediately? Or is that only available when you physically have it in hand?

Since you would be entering the park for the party with the ticket that you're using for prebooked FP, you're not violating the new Terms of Service associated with your MDE.

You've got it worked out correctly, with one small possible correction. You don't have to wait until the party to use the rogue bands for SDFP. They'll be ticketless for any day other than the party, but they will work at the kiosks for SDFP (which don't violate TOS because they are unrelated to tickets) any day before the party as well as any day after. "Day one" for the rogue bands will be the day you purchase and activate them (by linking to phantoms on your MDE).

But wouldn't using them on non party days be violating TOS? If the tickets are for 1 night they can book them for then because that would be used as their admission but any subsequent day would not be allowed because that is not what they will be entering the parks with.

But wouldn't using them on non party days be violating TOS? If the tickets are for 1 night they can book them for then because that would be used as their admission but any subsequent day would not be allowed because that is not what they will be entering the parks with.

The TOS refers to FP prebooked through the MDE which are made possible by a linked ticket. The party ticket entitles the guest to prebook only for the day of the party - for which the ticket will be used for admission. On other days, the plastic card (not the ticket entitlement) can be used at kiosks for SDFP. There are no tickets involved in this kind of booking and the MDE is not used. The TOS are not violated.

Thanks for confirming @ScrapYap! Woo hoo reading the post all those times must have worked!

My MVMCP is the first day of my trip, so I wouldn't need SDFP before then but thanks for your thoroughness!

One other question. I just read the FP basics thread and it said:
  • If offsite guests are linked to or listed on accounts of onsite guests above, they share the onsite guests' booking window of 60 days.
> Should my bands arrive before 30 days out does that mean I could prebook FP for the phantoms in my profile immediately since my primary profile has a resort stay within 60 days already?

> When you buy a band on the Disney store site do you get the magic band code immediately? Or is that only available when you physically have it in hand?

It doesn't matter if the bands arrive or not. It's the presence of a purchased ticket on a profile that allows you to prebook FP. Search for the word "umbrella" on the first page of this thread for a description of how it may work to book at 60 days for your ticketed phantoms. Only thing is that party tickets may not work for prebooking FP until 30 days - that's probably what you will find to be the case. However, it can't hurt to try.

The code is printed on the inside of the bands themselves. So you'll have to wait to receive the bands to link them. But again, you don't need linked bands to prebook FP. You just need them to *use* FP (unless you also have a card you can use to access them).

The TOS refers to FP prebooked through the MDE which are made possible by a linked ticket. The party ticket entitles the guest to prebook only for the day of the party - for which the ticket will be used for admission. On other days, the plastic card (not the ticket entitlement) can be used at kiosks for SDFP. There are no tickets involved in this kind of booking and the MDE is not used. The TOS are not violated.

Thats incorrect.

• The valid theme park admission associated with your Site/App account and used to make FastPass+ selections must be the same valid theme park admission that you will use for entry into the park on the day the FastPass+selections are redeemed.
You are telling me the Kiosk's have a different TOS?

Thats incorrect.

• The valid theme park admission associated with your Site/App account and used to make FastPass+ selections must be the same valid theme park admission that you will use for entry into the park on the day the FastPass+selections are redeemed.
You are telling me the Kiosk's have a different TOS?

You're referring to the TOS for the MDE. The kiosks don't have TOS. You don't sign into your MDE at the kiosks. You don't even need an MDE to use the kiosks. Perhaps that will change in the future. However, if it makes you or anyone else uncomfortable to use the kiosks to book SDFP, you should most certainly not do it. When Disney decides to change the policy at the kiosks, the kiosks will simply stop working for SDFP. But discussion about appropriate use of FP is disallowed on the DIS, so we won't get into all that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter