• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to buy expired Disney passes to use as 2nd set fp. I can't find any on ebay, any advice?

Nothing much else you can do. You can follow the search so that eBay will notify you if the used passes become available. They go fast.

It doesn't matter if the bands arrive or not. It's the presence of a purchased ticket on a profile that allows you to prebook FP. Search for the word "umbrella" on the first page of this thread for a description of how it may work to book at 60 days for your ticketed phantoms. Only thing is that party tickets may not work for prebooking FP until 30 days - that's probably what you will find to be the case. However, it can't hurt to try.

The code is printed on the inside of the bands themselves. So you'll have to wait to receive the bands to link them. But again, you don't need linked bands to prebook FP. You just need them to *use* FP (unless you also have a card you can use to access them).

Thanks for further explaining!

In my first question I was primarily interested in the 30 vs 60 day timing aspect. I wasn't going to book FP+ til I decided to spend the money on extra bands, since I have no "rogue" band or card currently to access the phantom's bookings. Should've phrased my first question differently. Think I did slightly confuse myself slightly though lol -ventured into the "advanced" territory with the party tix considerations.

Thanks again for your explanations!

I've read through the initial post at least three times, maybe more.

I want to ensure I'm properly applying my new SDFP knowledge.

For some background: My next trip is in Nov. I have a Disney package booked with tickets, room, and DDP. My sister and I are listed on the package reservation. We each have our own MDE and I have access to her account and password. We are also linked as friends & family. I booked our FP+ at 60 days out for our stay. I have no rogue bands or cards in my possession at this time.

I also bought MVMCP tickets for myself and my sister on the first night of our trip. These were bought while logged into my MDE. The tickets are assigned to myself and my sister right now.

Could someone please confirm my thinking below is correct?

1. I could potentially buy two new "rogue" magic bands now via the Disney Store site and link those to phantom profiles in our MDEs - I'd use our nicknames or middle names for the phantoms.

2. Then could I reassign the MVMCP tickets to the phantoms.

3. Then at 30 days out, I could prebook additional FP+ for my sister and I for the party date only. I say 30 days because the phantoms have no room assignments. This exercise would then give us access to six pre-booked FP+ each (the three booked 60 days out on the primary profiles and the three added to the phantom profiles with the MVMCP tickets).

4. To enter the party we could use the "rogue bands" since they would have the MVMCP entitlements associated with them. And we could associate our fingerprints with those brand new rogue bands.

5. Then for the rest of the trip (since MVMCP is night one), We could use the rogue bands for SDFP at the kiosks?

If someone can confirm my thinking I would appreciate it.

Thanks

I have my bookings done this way. As far as from this end, it worked just fine. However, I am confused. @ScrapYap , doesn't the highlighted statement above cause a problem with the TOS IF THE GUEST DOES NOT USE A REGULAR PARK TICKET TO ENTER THE PARK THAT DAY AND ONLY ENTERS USING A PARTY TICKET? To my mind, one set would be associated with the primary profile and you'd have to use that regular park ticket on that day in order to make use of that set legitimate. Am I wrong? I am not accusing the poster of wrongdoing, since it is not stated whether they will enter the park before the party. Just clarifying in case that's not the intent.

For party tickets - If I choose to buy the 'print at home' or the 'email' option.. does the PDF ticket have the name of the profile it's attached to on it or is it a generic ticket? (and if I do this, I don't get cards in the mail right?)

Reason I'm asking is I was planning to assign tickets to phantoms (to get a 2nd set FP that day) but I already have media on those phantoms (and don't need new cards). But I'm wondering if I assign to phantoms when I purchase, would it create issues when I go to get in (assuming they cross-check against an ID). Or should I just buy them on the mains, then transfer the entitlement to the phantoms for FP selections and entry?

Many thanks to ScrapYap and others for the info on SDFP. Today was our first day on our 8 day trip and the 6 of us decided to start at MK to celebrate the 45th.

I had two RFID cards from our 2013 trip and picked up 4 additional used cards on eBay. I set up 6 phantoms for those cards on our MDE. I then purchased MNSSHP tickets and linked them to 6 additional phantoms in our MDE. We arrived at MK around 11 am and here is what we accomplished before the rain shut down our last two FP selections.

Magic carpets of Alladin
Pirates of the Caribbean
Peter Pan (booked at 60 days)
Space Mountain (60 day)
Haunted Mansion
Adriel's undersea adventure
SDMT (60 days)
Barnstormer (rained out)
Jungle cruise (rained out)

We also visited the tiki room and Mickey's Philarmagic in addition to some SoTMK and a couple Pirate Adventure quests.

No way we could have accomplished nearly this much without the SDFP's. Th longest wait we had was for SM and it was 15 minutes. We left soaked from the rain and spent from all we accomplished but for a fairly crowded day we packed a lot in.

Looking forward to the rest of the trip and using SDFP's. Thanks again!!!

Many thanks to ScrapYap and others for the info on SDFP. Today was our first day on our 8 day trip and the 6 of us decided to start at MK to celebrate the 45th.

I had two RFID cards from our 2013 trip and picked up 4 additional used cards on eBay. I set up 6 phantoms for those cards on our MDE. I then purchased MNSSHP tickets and linked them to 6 additional phantoms in our MDE. We arrived at MK around 11 am and here is what we accomplished before the rain shut down our last two FP selections.

Magic carpets of Alladin
Pirates of the Caribbean
Peter Pan (booked at 60 days)
Space Mountain (60 day)
Haunted Mansion
Adriel's undersea adventure
SDMT (60 days)
Barnstormer (rained out)
Jungle cruise (rained out)

We also visited the tiki room and Mickey's Philarmagic in addition to some SoTMK and a couple Pirate Adventure quests.

No way we could have accomplished nearly this much without the SDFP's. Th longest wait we had was for SM and it was 15 minutes. We left soaked from the rain and spent from all we accomplished but for a fairly crowded day we packed a lot in.

Looking forward to the rest of the trip and using SDFP's. Thanks again!!!
Did you receive "free" Anytime FPs for the two rained out rides?

On Wednesday when we got off the Monorail, lightning struck near GF. Every outside attraction (we had a FP for 7DMT) immediately shut down and the Ferry and other transport boats headed quickly to dock. As soon as we made it safely to TST, I checked my phone and the free FP was already added to my MDE.

We then had 4 FPs for that afternoon and used the free one for 7DMT when it came back up.

The "Free" FPs are not classified as pre-booked FPs and the TOS does not apply to them. The next day, Contemporary gave us 3 Free FPs due to a Mousekeeping issue and the Free FPs were added to my MDE Profile where I had -0- tickets linked. I entered the park via a Guest Pass and we had no problem using our 3 Free FPs for 3 consecutive rides on Splash!

For party tickets - If I choose to buy the 'print at home' or the 'email' option.. does the PDF ticket have the name of the profile it's attached to on it or is it a generic ticket? (and if I do this, I don't get cards in the mail right?)

Reason I'm asking is I was planning to assign tickets to phantoms (to get a 2nd set FP that day) but I already have media on those phantoms (and don't need new cards). But I'm wondering if I assign to phantoms when I purchase, would it create issues when I go to get in (assuming they cross-check against an ID). Or should I just buy them on the mains, then transfer the entitlement to the phantoms for FP selections and entry?

FYI - I ended up linking to party passes to my phantoms and getting the print at home option (that already had media so didn't need new cards). The phantoms show ticket entitlements on the MDE, and the print at home is just a PDF for a party entrance, no name shows on it.

Only problem now is that I was hoping to do the whole umbrella thing with those phantoms for the party day (my 60day window opened today), but for some reason it's not working. When I group one of my main profiles to the phantoms with party tickets it says the phantoms don't have tickets.. but they do have the party tickets so not sure what's up. Is it not possible to make party FP reservations at 60d? (have to wait to 30?)

FYI - I ended up linking to party passes to my phantoms and getting the print at home option (that already had media so didn't need new cards). The phantoms show ticket entitlements on the MDE, and the print at home is just a PDF for a party entrance, no name shows on it.

Only problem now is that I was hoping to do the whole umbrella thing with those phantoms for the party day (my 60day window opened today), but for some reason it's not working. When I group one of my main profiles to the phantoms with party tickets it says the phantoms don't have tickets.. but they do have the party tickets so not sure what's up. Is it not possible to make party FP reservations at 60d? (have to wait to 30?)
Yes, you'll have to wait until 30 days out. A number of DISers have reported the 60-day window hasn't opened for MVMCP tickets linked to main MDE Profiles as well as umbrella Profiles.

Did you receive "free" Anytime FPs for the two rained out rides?

On Wednesday when we got off the Monorail, lightning struck near GF. Every outside attraction (we had a FP for 7DMT) immediately shut down and the Ferry and other transport boats headed quickly to dock. As soon as we made it safely to TST, I checked my phone and the free FP was already added to my MDE.

We then had 4 FPs for that afternoon and used the free one for 7DMT when it came back up.

The "Free" FPs are not classified as pre-booked FPs and the TOS does not apply to them. The next day, Contemporary gave us 3 Free FPs due to a Mousekeeping issue and the Free FPs were added to my MDE Profile where I had -0- tickets linked. I entered the park via a Guest Pass and we had no problem using our 3 Free FPs for 3 consecutive rides on Splash!
I don't notice anything in my MDE but may not know where to look... I did swing by guest relations and talked to a CM while waiting in line to get to the desk and explained what had happened and he gave me two anytime paper FP. I also received 6 of the 45th anniversary pins that we missed getting on our way in.

The only "downside" to the overall day is this was the only night we had planned to see the MSEP and now we either have to swap days to catch it or plan at trip to DL in the future.

Thanks for all your efforts on this thread as well hiroMYHero... I am more than satisfied!!!

I don't notice anything in my MDE but may not know where to look... I did swing by guest relations and talked to a CM while waiting in line to get to the desk and explained what had happened and he gave me two anytime paper FP. I also received 6 of the 45th anniversary pins that we missed getting on our way in.

The only "downside" to the overall day is this was the only night we had planned to see the MSEP and now we either have to swap days to catch it or plan at trip to DL in the future.

Thanks for all your efforts on this thread as well hiroMYHero... I am more than satisfied!!!
Thanks for your kind words. :)

If Free FPs were added, they'll be in the FP area of MDE. They'll be titled "Anytime Experience."

Just a quick thank you to everyone who helped me slowly wrap my mind around the SDFP system. I just got back from a trip to Orlando with my girlfriend and the trick worked absolutely perfectly. It really helped make the trip, especially with MK still very busy this time of year. Thanks all :)

Yes. @coley444 is using a park entitlement that day and then entering the party that evening.

Booking FPs using the Party entitlement is within Disney TOS because the guest uses the Party ticket entitlement to enter the Party and FP lines.

Yes that's correct! I'll be at MK park earlier in day on a reg park hopper admission.

I have week left til I'm 30 days out from my first MVMCP.

Really happy I found this thread.

Thanks for all the info and quick answers to my q's!

I'll be sure to report back with how SDFP goes for us.

Just one more question. In regards to prebooking SDFP via linking my MVMCP ticket to a phantom, would I only have access to prebook windows from 4 - 7 pm (the party grace period)? My research on other threads indicates that is the case. Can someone confirm?

Just one more question. In regards to prebooking SDFP via linking my MVMCP ticket to a phantom, would I only have access to prebook windows from 4 - 7 pm (the party grace period)? My research on other threads indicates that is the case. Can someone confirm?

SDFP are not prebooked. But for prebooking FP in MDE with any ticket on a party day, the last window ends at 6:30pm. You cannot enter the park until 4pm with the MVMCP ticket, so wisdom says your first should start at 3:30 in order to get 3. When I go in to modify, MDE is showing me FP options from opening til 6:30 on my MVMCP ticket.

I am DVC and added a couple of phantoms to my first night of a 3-way split stay to get the magic bands for them. Silly question but can I remove them from the reservation once the magic bands arrive? (ship I guess but I'd wait for them to arrive). only MVMCP tickets assigned to them for part of my stay that they are not in the room.

Hello all,

I just wanted to report back with my experience using SDFP. As far as using them in MK, everything but 7DMT was available when I booked at RD. We were there Oct. 3rd. We went to Epcot Oct. 1st. I ran into some hiccups here. 30 minutes after park opening there were 0 tier 1 rides available. I fp some of the tier 2 rides but was kicking myself for riding soaring 1st before hitting the kiosk. (We had an ADR before the park opened at the Garden Grill, so we hopped on Soaring before finding the kiosks.) We went straight to test track and had a 30 minute wait to ride. I don't know if someone has had better luck at Epcot. (I would love to hear the strategy!) We stayed on park property and so I had made 60 day FP for FEA and 7DMT.

We had a wonderful time and a magical experience. :rainbow:

Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread alive!

I just wanted to confirm that, once you've figured out the system and gotten your FP on these at the park, they function in the same way as a regular FP? I'm thinking in particular of interaction with the RideSwap program.

Specifics:
We've got 5 kids, 2 of whom are old enough to meet any ride's height requirement, and two of whom are too short to ride anything with a minimum height requirement. If I get them each of the babies a MagicBand and have the bands linked to their ticket-less guest profiles, I can book SDFP on those, from what I'm reading here. My current plan is to try to get two SDFP (one on each of the babies' bands) at the same time, or at least in the same hour window, which I'm assuming means we'll only be doing it for lower-demand rides. Could we then have my husband take one of of our older children using those 2 SDFP, and I get a RideSwap pass to allow me and the other two older children to ride later? That would essentially allow us to make at least 3 additional FP reservations for the entire family for the "big kid" rides, which would be excellent. I just want to make sure no one has run into any complications with RideSwap before I shell out extra money for bands for the babies.

First, thank you all for all this information. I have spent the better part of the day reading and rereading and I'm pretty sure I have this all down, but would like to review. Here is my scenario

1. Original Plan: 3 people staying on property 11/9-11/12. room only reservation.
2. Changed Plan: 3 others decided to come, so I reserved a 6 person suite for 11/9-11/12. room only reservation.
3. We are all going to Epcot on 11/7 (we will be offsite at that time)
4. FP+ made for all the 60 day mark.
5. The other 3 have changed their mind and don't want to do 11/9-12 (they are still going to Epcot). I don't want/need that suite anymore and I still have my original 3 person room only reservation which I will go back to.

My plan: Wait until I receive the 6 MBs for the suite reservation, then cancel the suite once I am 30 days out. We can all use MBs/FP+ for Epcot 11/7. Then they give me their 3 MBs when they leave to get SDFPs. These will show in MDE since they are in my profile. The only potential glitch I see is if I will loose my FP+ reservations once I cancel the suite. I don't think so if done under the 30 day mark. I know not truly part of this topic, but you are so knowledgeable I though I would ask.

Just out of curiosity, would this have worked before the new TOC changed? It was something I was contemplating over the summer, but now can't do. My MDE has 2 real people profiles for 2 relatives from a past trip. They both have 3 days left on NE tickets. I was thinking if my room had enough occupancy to add them to the reservation, I could. Buy MBs and link. Then could get extra FPs at 60 days on those MBs and never use up one of their park entrances still left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter