SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've looked and can't find the answer, so....what is NBFP? Is it the same as SDFP?
NBFP and GLFP have been removed from the OP as the Disney Terms of Service has been updated and now limits pre-booked FP usage to those who have used the actual linked ticket to enter the park.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-experience-terms-conditions/
  • The valid theme park admission associated with your Site/App account and used to make FastPass+ selections must be the same valid theme park admission that you will use for entry into the park on the day the FastPass+selections are redeemed.

NBFP and GLFP have been removed from the OP as the Disney Terms of Service has been updated and now limits pre-booked FP usage to those who have used the actual linked ticket to enter the park.

• The valid theme park admission associated with your Site/App account and used to make FastPass+ selections must be the same valid theme park admission that you will use for entry into the park on the day the FastPass+selections are redeemed.
Just curious is it ok to still discuss them in this thread? Thx

Probably not "discussion of," since Disney has now officially said, "Don't do it" (prebook FP on tickets that aren't going to be used for admission). However, if someone had something factual to say, as a point of fact (not ongoing discussion), such as "Disney has now prevented use of FP that were booked on tickets not used for admission" (which hasn't happened yet), that might be okay?

As I try to interpret these T&Cs properly, assuming I am the only one in my family to have an MDE account so I book for all 5 of us. Then we get to the park and DS7 decides not to ride, it's still ok for DS5 to use his band for the FP, right? We have cases where some of the kids are too small for Space Mountain so I will book only for a couple of us and we will do rider switch if needed. Would it also be ok for DH and I to swap bands if needed?

And what if one kid and DH decides to stay at the resort one night while I take the other kids to the park. Can we use the FP's that might be left on their bands?

I know these 2 scenarios are possible technically...but just wondering how to apply the T&Cs. (I'm not a lawyer, haha!_

Last edited:
And what if one kid and DH decides to stay at the resort one night while I take the other kids to the park. Can we use the FP's that might be left on their bands?
Disney TOS states you cannot use FPs if the ticket used to book them has not been used for park admittance.

As I try to interpret these T&Cs properly, assuming I am the only one in my family to have an MDE account so I book for all 5 of us. Then we get to the park and DS7 decides not to ride, it's still ok for DS5 to use his band for the FP, right? We have cases where some of the kids are too small for Space Mountain so I will book only for a couple of us and we will do rider switch if needed. Would it also be ok for DH and I to swap bands if needed?

I know these 2 scenarios are possible technically...but just wondering how to apply the T&Cs. (I'm not a lawyer, haha!_

If you've prebooked FP with a ticket and you used that ticket for admission on that day, using FP in the evening (for guests who've stayed back at the resort) may not offend the TOS - because the ticket was used for admission. Kind of a grey area. This is not a GLFP scenario - in which a ticket used to prebook FP was not used at all for admission. You will have used your tickets for admission that morning.

Why not ask a CM? Disney's official policies and the typical practices in the park (even, specifically, directions given to guests by CMs) don't always line up. So if in doubt, ask a smiling CM. :)

If you've prebooked FP with a ticket and you used that ticket for admission on that day, using FP in the evening (for guests who've stayed back at the resort) may not offend the TOS - because the ticket was used for admission. Kind of a grey area. This is not a GLFP scenario - in which a ticket used to prebook FP was not used at all for admission. You will have used your tickets for admission that morning.

Why not ask a CM? Disney's official policies and the typical practices in the park (even, specifically, directions given to guests by CMs) don't always line up. So if in doubt, ask a smiling CM. :)

Great idea. Thanks!

Hello, if my following question is in his thread, I apologize.

What are the best/closest kiosk to make SDFP at each park ?

In addition to what was posted yesterday ^^ (I was at the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium at Universal ~ I am on vacation!), here is additional Board Guideline info regarding Disney Terms of Service:

"This does mean that discussion of booking or using FPs using ticket media that will not be used for admission into the parks (extra tickets, APs belonging to others, FPs for family members who have not entered a park, etc.) will not be allowed as that will be circumventing Disney TOS."

In addition to what was posted yesterday ^^ (I was at the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium at Universal ~ I am on vacation!), here is additional Board Guideline info regarding Disney Terms of Service:

"This does mean that discussion of booking or using FPs using ticket media that will not be used for admission into the parks (extra tickets, APs belonging to others, FPs for family members who have not entered a park, etc.) will not be allowed as that will be circumventing Disney TOS."

For us new to this thread, Does this mean we can't do SDFP with extra Magic bands now?

For us new to this thread, Does this mean we can't do SDFP with extra Magic bands now?

There is no change to what you can do at the parks. The change is what you can discuss on the DIS. SDFP do not involve tickets, therefore they do not violate Disney TOS policies.

I just want to know if I should try to return the extra Fastpasses that I bought and have not open yet.

I just want to know if I should try to return the extra Fastpasses that I bought and have not open yet.
Do you mean return extra MagicBands? As specified on the first page of the thread, you can't return MagicBands. In any case, nothing has changed regarding FP at the parks.

I bought some off Amazon and I think I can return them if they are unopened but I only want to do that if I can't get SDFP anymore

Do you mean return extra MagicBands? As specified on the first page of the thread, you can't return MagicBands. In any case, nothing has changed regarding FP at the parks.

Nothing has changed. SDFP still work.

Great to know. If I do it will I be risking being kicked out or something. I have read the last three pages 4 times now and I am feeling nervous about doing it now

Great to know. If I do it will I be risking being kicked out or something. I have read the last three pages 4 times now and I am feeling nervous about doing it now

You can't be kicked out based on any FP issue. But you sound uncomfortable, so you might not want to use SDFP.

I have read the first post probably 5 or 6 times now and I think I understand SDFP pretty well, but I would like some clarification to make sure I will be doing this correctly. We have a free dining package coming up in November for 2 adults and an infant (2 year old). The infant has a magic band from a previous trip that was never linked to any tickets since she didn't need it and won't need it for this trip either . Can we get SDFP using her old band and then when we buy 2 new magic bands and link them under phantom profiles, we would make them under 3 as well so that we don't have to buy tickets for the phantoms since we have a package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter