SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just able to do my 60 days FP. At first it did not seem to be letting me make FP for me using a MVMCP ticket. So we have DD a 1day ticket and I used that instead (btw, 7DMT was already sold out). Booked 3 FP on that ticket. Then I went back and started a party with me. I was able to select only the party date since I do not have a regular park ticket for that. Perhaps when I first tried, it was a few seconds too early? In any case, we now have a set for the party ticket and a set for DD's regular ticket.

Well shoot. I wonder now if I should rework and move my highest priority FPs to my profile.
Thanks BlueFairy for reporting in! I'm glad the Party ticket opened up FPs for you.

Technically with a newly linked ticket, you can use whichever MB provides the link to the 1-day ticket. The biometric will get linked when you enter the park.

Yes it's on the IOS app. My concern is they may cancel your fastpasses & dining reservations according to TOS if you don't comply with TOS.
An even bigger concern for me is that they have standing to invalidate the offending ticket media if they have the tech to track the "violation."

Thanks BlueFairy for reporting in! I'm glad the Party ticket opened up FPs for you.

Technically with a newly linked ticket, you can use whichever MB provides the link to the 1-day ticket. The biometric will get linked when you enter the park.
So I'll use my MB to enter with MVMCP ticket. And no biometric will be checked on the FPs with the 1 day ticket since DD won't enter the park that day. I'll use her MB for that set of FPs. I can't transfer the ticket to me for that day, as I can only hold 1 set of FPs with my MB for that day. Even if I used my new MB.

I have just logged out and back in again on the App and no T&C's appeared. Also I have no outstanding App updates.

So I'll use my MB to enter with MVMCP ticket. And no biometric will be checked on the FPs with the 1 day ticket since DD won't enter the park that day. I'll use her MB for that set of FPs. I can't transfer the ticket to me for that day, as I can only hold 1 set of FPs with my MB for that day. Even if I used my new MB.
For the 1-day ticket: enter the park with the MB that links directly to that 1-day ticket or by using the hard, plastic 1-day ticket.

it works as of Saturday since I used about 20 SDFP's for my son and his GF who were visiting. I'll be using one today with GLFP so can let you know after today as well.

GLFP worked yesterday. Let us know how you do today, Marcie. I don't think anything has changed.

As SDFP has become less of a secret, the desire to close the loophole has increased. But it's going to take some time before the FP system can actually be coordinated with the admission system. Maybe it's only a year away now.

Maybe we shouldn't have told anyone about SDFP, Marcie and Hiro! But it's been nice for as many people as possible to enjoy the sun while it's shined. And maybe all the SDFP flurry will convince Disney that six prebooked FP per guest is the magic number, as some of us have been saying all along.

When the change comes, it will take the form of disallowing SDFP booking at the kiosks (unless the same media was used for admission). Later, the FP system will disallow entry to attractions with GLFP (unless the same media was used for admission). But no FP-related system is going to cancel an ADR or FP bookings or invalidate admission media. Ever.

Two questions:

Has anyone stopped at another park to pull SDFP on using their 2nd set bands/cards on their way to another park? This way they have some evening FP at that park before arriving at their other park? Are there FP kiosks outside of the entrance or close to the entrance? I'm thinking of doing this for AK.

Also, we have two grandparents who are joining us. They are buying two-day tickets. They want to go to MK, but aren't sure about which other park. They want to "play it by ear". I would love to go ahead and book FP for them. If they decide not to go to that park, I assume we can we still use their FP+, then book them more each day until they actually use their second day, correct? So they wouldn't be SDFP, but more of night before FP+ res. Make sense?

Getting in and out of a park can be so arduous - you might save time by waiting in standby lines for attractions. However, AK does have an unmanned kiosk inside guest services near the entrance.

The first two days of the grandparent tickets will be prebooked FP. Days after that will be NBFP!

For the 1-day ticket: enter the park with the MB that links directly to that 1-day ticket or by using the hard, plastic 1-day ticket.

OH @hiroMYhero! I thought I understood and now I am confused. I do not want to burn my 1-day ticket on MVMCP day, as I will not enter the park before 4pm. This is day 1 of my trip. So as described before, after the FPs are used up for that day, it seems simplest to reassign the ticket to myself so that I can use it on day 4 of the trip. I will be getting a new set of MBs on checkin for DD and myself. And have an old set, both of which have biometrics attached already. We did will-call, so I guess I could retrieve a plastic ticket, but thought that unnecessary since we'd have the bands.

Can you spell it out for me and walk me through? You've got me worried I'm going to have a mixup. Thanks!

OH @hiroMYhero! I thought I understood and now I am confused. I do not want to burn my 1-day ticket on MVMCP day, as I will not enter the park before 4pm. This is day 1 of my trip. So as described before, after the FPs are used up for that day, it seems simplest to reassign the ticket to myself so that I can use it on day 4 of the trip. I will be getting a new set of MBs on checkin for DD and myself. And have an old set, both of which have biometrics attached already. We did will-call, so I guess I could retrieve a plastic ticket, but thought that unnecessary since we'd have the bands.

Can you spell it out for me and walk me through? You've got me worried I'm going to have a mixup. Thanks!
Okay; so you are saying you have a set for that specific Party Day with your Party ticket and with the 1-day ticket? Enter the park with the Party Ticket or with whatever MB links to the Party Ticket.

Yes! That's ok,right? As long as I have the MBs with me to access DDs entitlements (for set #2) once inside the park?

Thanks, ScrapYap. I'll remember to add in the "try at 30 days" even if onsite.

No MNSSHP confirmations of 30-day booking. Onsite are confirming the 60-day worked. Will let you know if anything changes. :)

I have our MNSSHP tickets linked to phantoms who are not on our resort reservation. I was unable to make umbrella FP selections for them at 60 days, but was able to make selections at 30 days.

Im wondering whether I'll run into any issues getting our party wristbands inside the park with these phantom MBs, though. They've never been used to enter a park and we plan on entering MK prior to 4:00 using a regular ticket and an AP on our normal MBs associated with our real MDE profiles. Should we reassign the party tickets to our real profiles the night before? The phantoms should retain the FPs for the next day, right?

Go ahead an reassign the night before since you may feel more comfortable with the party tickets on the same bands as your other park tickets. The phantom FPs should be fine. But you'd be fine leaving them on the phantom bands, too. If you're not exiting the park, you'll just have the band tapped to confirm the party entitlement - they don't use biometrics on party nights.

If I book SDFP at one park for later on in the afternoon/evening but decide prior to the times to go to another park, what do I need to do to book SDFP at this other park ?

If I book SDFP at one park for later on in the afternoon/evening but decide prior to the times to go to another park, what do I need to do to book SDFP at this other park ?
When you scan at the kiosk at the new park, it will display what you currently have booked and ask if you want to make new selections. When you say yes, it will offer available options for that park like it would normally making FPP's at a kiosk. Then once you select one, it will again warn you that you are replacing the one from the old park with the one from the new park. I've never done it with all three so not sure if that's different, but have when I either didn't use one of the original ones or when I had booked a 4th and then decided to use it at a different park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter