Scott & Biff are moving to Disney, a new TR...Update 8/16 - Day 4.1

Hi Scott! Joining in! Congratulations on the weight loss. Wow! How amazing to move to Orlando! You're living the dream. Love OKW! We rented points for the first time with my dh and three kids at the time. We loved it, but the stairs were killer after a long day at the park. We are half way through the process of buying SSR resale. We stayed at SSR our second time as a family with our then four kids. We can't wait for our 2016 trip as new owners with our now five kids! How did the new Springs area look? Was the bridge over to DTD a far walk? If we book at SSR we were thinking The Grandstand, but wasn't sure if the boat would be faster. Can't wait to read more about your trip and see pictures of your new place!:flower1:

Following & joined your Facebook page. My dream retirement is to move to FL & work at WDW. My husband laughs because I can't stand the heat. So I will happily tag along on your move. Thanks!

Enjoying the new report.
I just read the other day where someone else has forgotten their card and they had issues too. I don't get how they can't just look you up on the computer if you have ID. We know they are pushing everything to be done online as it is.

Just found this.......following
:welcome: Thank you for joining in.

OKW pics make me want to go back there SO bad, but we are really excited for BC this summer. Disney Springs, I like the new sign! Next year I HAVE to find a way to do F&G!! Your life is in fast forward, but in a good way and very exciting SO happy for you and Vinny!!!
I would love to stay at BC but it is always booked up when I look. it is a fun festival to see and very pretty. Yes it si but also going very slow, we just want to get there.

How torn up was the DTD area? Did you find it interfered at all with your shopping or the enjoyment of the area? I think it will look great when it is all done but if it is too chaotic I may give it a miss in December.
I didn't find it that bad. The worst area was by Raglan Road but the rest wasn't bad.

Hi Scott! Remember me?! :-)

How exciting that you and Vinny are moving to Florida!! DD Just graduated from college last weekend and starts her DCP internship in August!!
:welcome: Nope who are you? :rotfl2: Of course I do.
How have you been?
it is exciting. I will be happy to be done with snow.
That is great for her.

enjoying so far - we loved our first trip to OKW last year. Waiting for the rest :)
:welcome: It is a great resort.

Following! I'm so jealous that you're moving to Orlando.
:welcome:
It is exciting. We will be there for a year then we will decide where permanently.

Hi Scott! Joining in! Congratulations on the weight loss. Wow! How amazing to move to Orlando! You're living the dream. Love OKW! We rented points for the first time with my dh and three kids at the time. We loved it, but the stairs were killer after a long day at the park. We are half way through the process of buying SSR resale. We stayed at SSR our second time as a family with our then four kids. We can't wait for our 2016 trip as new owners with our now five kids! How did the new Springs area look? Was the bridge over to DTD a far walk? If we book at SSR we were thinking The Grandstand, but wasn't sure if the boat would be faster. Can't wait to read more about your trip and see pictures of your new place!:flower1:
Thank you. it is exciting.
We had 2nd floor but I would do the stairs happily as I fear snakes coming in the room when staying on the first floor. :scared1:
Good luck with the resale, that is what did and got SSR.
I didn't find the bridge far.
We always stay Grandstand because it is the first pick up on the bus and first drop off. Only bad thing is pick up you have to do the loop but not too bad.
I leave the 9th of June to drive down then 11-13th will be Star Wars weekend with Vinny's granddaughter and then the 13-17 I am solo then 17-23 with Vinny. 23rd we move into the new place.

Following & joined your Facebook page. My dream retirement is to move to FL & work at WDW. My husband laughs because I can't stand the heat. So I will happily tag along on your move. Thanks!
:welcome: and thank you for joining in on FB.
I applied to Disney but heard it could take a few times till they hire you.
I am concerned of the heat but I think of the snow I will miss and it makes me happy.
:thumbsup2

Enjoying the new report.
I just read the other day where someone else has forgotten their card and they had issues too. I don't get how they can't just look you up on the computer if you have ID. We know they are pushing everything to be done online as it is.
Thank you.
I don't get it either. I think that needs to change.

I leave the 9th of June to drive down then 11-13th will be Star Wars weekend with Vinny's granddaughter and then the 13-17 I am solo then 17-23 with Vinny. 23rd we move into the new place.

Wow! It really is coming up quickly! Thanks for the virtual tour of Disney Springs. I hope it's all done when we go in December.

Oh so much excitement already,it's beena while since i've been on the Dis let alone read one of your trs so I'm glad to be back in the know,you look fantastic sir!Hooray for moving closer to the promiseland too!

You'll be there before you know it. Good luck packing!!
Yep. 15 days and I cannot believe that is when I leave.

Wow! It really is coming up quickly! Thanks for the virtual tour of Disney Springs. I hope it's all done when we go in December.
It is coming along, I think next year it will be completely done. I might be wrong.

Oh so much excitement already,it's beena while since i've been on the Dis let alone read one of your trs so I'm glad to be back in the know,you look fantastic sir!Hooray for moving closer to the promiseland too!
Thank you and glad you are here.
:rotfl2: I hope I don't lose the magic.

Scott - we are doing well! Discovered Adventures by Disney, so have taken london/Paris and germany trips with them in between our WDW visits. Last year we ventured to Aulani. Next month, ABD to Central Europe, with two pre-nights in Prague. A least three WDW trips planned since DD will be working there. Her plan right now is to remain full time after her internship, if all works out. If so, we will probably move to the area when DH retires!
Looking forward to hearing how your "transplant" works out, as a fellow "New Yorker"! :-)

Day 2.2

We had a reservation for dinner but we were a half hour early so we found a spot and people watched and Facebooked.

Soon it was time to go in.
17470624861_b7b65a40e6_c.jpg

Our dining this evening was new to us, Splitsville.

We were seated downstairs which was good because a large group went upstairs. I started off with a drink, Sangrita.
17468882702_c340a6e44d_c.jpg

Scott:
Spicy Tuna Roll: Fresh tuna, spicy mayo, cucumber and scallions drizzled with sriracha hot chili sauce. Mine is the front one in the pic below.

Vinny:
Fantasy Roll: A sushi dream come true! Fresh salmon, ahi tuna, cucumber, avocado and steamed shrimp are rolled in soy paper and drizzled with kimichee ponzu sauce.
17470942465_55bbae2a24_c.jpg

We both shared.
3 Pepper Calamari: Fried calamari, cherry, jalapeno and banana peppers. Finished with a Thai chili drizzle.
16850634483_08b66a7f20_c.jpg

Review - The food was very good. The sushi was delicious as was the calamari. The drink was fantastic.

Price: $64.00 after Tables in Wonderland discount.

It will be on our list for future meals.

After dinner we walked and saw here.
17470613071_6afdcbb432_c.jpg

We went inside but didn’t see anything we wanted. Outside we did see this.
17284649619_b086213240_c.jpg

We came upon the balloon.
17470607311_f75d18a5ff_c.jpg

We walked by the food trucks. I think this is a great addition to the area.
16848365254_71e1b8f471_c.jpg

Then we were at the boat dock waiting for our ride back.
17283125498_dd20931299_c.jpg

I thought the sky was pretty.
17283115938_4a6bd1d4b7_c.jpg

Saratoga Springs at night.
17468825992_2762293c3b_c.jpg

16850577083_73752d44e5_c.jpg

We will be staying here June 17-23 and I cannot wait. It is home to us and love the peace and quiet of it.

Soon enough we were at OKW.
17470541521_a6e8f12008_c.jpg

We went into the general store and looked around.
17470857575_813f481147_c.jpg

16850544633_7649389981_c.jpg

Outside the store as we headed back to the room.
16848268254_d342c9caf1_c.jpg

Looking back at the Hospitality House.
17470792055_523fdd3ed9_c.jpg

Lighthouse.
17444779616_0995283007_c.jpg

That was my last pic of the night. We went back to the room and soon fell asleep. We had a long day next at magic Kingdom.

Up next,

Hi-Ho! Hi-Ho! It’s off to mine we go….

Hey Scott..enjoying your TR. That drink at Splittsville looks great. Cannot do sushi though..lol. I just got a castle phone case for my Samsung at the Co op.

Looking forward to more..

Doreen

I've only seen reviews of the sushi at splitsville and it looks great. It's all pretty tame sort of sushi, nothing crazy like amaebi. And mostly rolls so we may try and do a walk up in December. I'm leaving that as a maybe meal in the room maybe out kind of meal.

I would never think of getting sushi there ,but omg does it ever look good eh?
I heard it was very good so I had to try and was happy I did.

Hey Scott..enjoying your TR. That drink at Splittsville looks great. Cannot do sushi though..lol. I just got a castle phone case for my Samsung at the Co op.

Looking forward to more..

Doreen
Thank you. it really was. Lucky you, they don't make them for my phone.

I've only seen reviews of the sushi at splitsville and it looks great. It's all pretty tame sort of sushi, nothing crazy like amaebi. And mostly rolls so we may try and do a walk up in December. I'm leaving that as a maybe meal in the room maybe out kind of meal.
it was very good. :thumbsup2

I really liked reading about Downtown Disney (is that even what they call it anymore?) and seeing the pictures. It makes me want to go shopping. I've never thought about eating at Splitsville but after seeing your sushi and calamari I'll have to add it to the ever growing list.

Yay for Splittsville! As you probably read, Cynthia and I had sushi there and it was SO good. I love that place. Unfortunately, Denny does not like sushi so I usually don't order it when I eat out with him. I guess that's silly since he could always get something else.

I'm looking forward to trying the food trucks.

Beautiful night time shots. I love the pics of OKW.

You know - I really need to stay at SSR. It's such a great resort and its time for me to circle back. You must be getting excited for your upcoming trip!

Congrats on the move. I just joined your fb group and look forward to reading your updates. I am just loving your review!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter