Scott & Biff are moving to Disney, a new TR...Update 8/16 - Day 4.1

scottny

<font color=blue>You better have crackers<br><font
Okay we are not moving to Disney (we cannot afford Golden Oak, LOL) but we are moving into the area and we recently got back from a trip to look at rentals and of course spend some time with the Mouse.

Intro's first,

Scott (me) I am a 46 yr old man who lives currently in the Bronx with my husband. I have done a few reports here and most know us from them but I will now show you us. LOL.
15687248982_d962fc3d22_c.jpg

I am currently a Disney Travel Planner and love it. I have been going to Disney since I was a very little kid and love it. Their is nothing better than walking down Main Street and seeing a Cast member carrying a bunch of balloons or the smell as you walk down and of course seeing the Castle.

Now Vinny (Biff) is newer to Disney than I am, his first trip was in 2007 with his family and he enjoyed it and wanted to try it again. In 2008 we went in December for the holidays and he loved it. In 2010 we bought into DVC at Saratoga Springs Resort and have never regretted it. He is retired now and loves his time off. here is Vinny.
15065719964_ef4c082851_c.jpg

Both above photos were taken in Florence at the Ponte Vecchio this past September (you can read the trip report from the link in my siggie).

We have been together for 14 years this month and married a little over 3 years now. I had weightloss surgery 18 months ago and ever since then I have a hard time handling the cold so I thought moving to Florida was a good idea and thankfully Vinny was up for it. Here is a pic of loss. The top pic was October 2013 and the bottom was April 2015.
17473223372_d82847ded4_z.jpg

I still need about 30 - 50 lbs to go.

Another advantage of moving to Florida is Vinny has a son down there and a granddaughter and it will be great to see them both a little more often. The only bad thing is leaving behind the family and friends here but their are planes.

The dates for the trip were 4/28 - 5/5/15.

We stayed at Old Key West:
Studio: 4/28 - 5/2
1 bedroom: 5/2 - 5/5

Had to split it because they had no studios for the entire week. We did go and see 9 properties while we were there. I also managed to get sick. I got to experience "May the 4th be With You" at DHS shortly and we found a place. This will focus on the Disney part because I didn't take any pics of the places we saw.

I do hope you enjoy the report and pics.

Up next,

A very delayed take off.

Hey there Scott! I'm looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing all the details. Bummer that you got the crud while there. :sick:

No Golden Oaks??? ;)

YAY for starting this TR and for being on your way to moving to Orlando!!

Here's to reading and seeing all about it, sickness and all. :hug:

Hi Scott! So happy to hear that you found a place (even if not Golden Oaks LOL). Sorry you got sick, I was sick with a stomach bug the dates I was supposed to be traveling so I am relieved we cancelled the brief trip. Traveling with just me and the kids would've been tough with the cooties on board. Looking forward to the TR!!!

Hey! I'm in! I think I made the first page!

Please post some pictures of your new place when you move in!

Hey there Scott! I'm looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing all the details. Bummer that you got the crud while there. :sick:
:welcome: Thanks for joining in. Still have it a little. :(

No Golden Oaks??? ;)

YAY for starting this TR and for being on your way to moving to Orlando!!

Here's to reading and seeing all about it, sickness and all. :hug:
:welcome:
Nope. Need my money for other things. LOL.
Hope you enjoy.

I'm here and will try to keep up this time!!! :-)
Good luck! LOL.

i am here to follow the adventure!
Glad you're here.

I'm here, too. Hoping we can meet up when we go down in September!
Glad you're here. Definitely as long as I am there. LOL. Will be in California for a week.

Hi Scott! So happy to hear that you found a place (even if not Golden Oaks LOL). Sorry you got sick, I was sick with a stomach bug the dates I was supposed to be traveling so I am relieved we cancelled the brief trip. Traveling with just me and the kids would've been tough with the cooties on board. Looking forward to the TR!!!
Good thing you did cancel. Thanks for reading along.

Totally in for this!
Thanks for joining in.

Hey! I'm in! I think I made the first page!

Please post some pictures of your new place when you move in!
You did. Thanks for joining in.
Will do.

I am so happy you are moving to Florida (and jealous)...can't wait to read all about it!
Thank you. I am so excited for it but nervous.

I'm here as well Scott. You are looking GREAT.
Thank you for joining in.
Thanks.

:wave: SOO Jealous that you are moving to Florida! :earsboy: I hope we can do that someday. Especially after the horrible freezing cold winter we had here in Western NY. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Wow you look great! :thumbsup2 My Husband had his surgery 3/30 and is down 60 lbs so far.

Sounds like a fun trip. Following along! Congrats on the weight loss and moving to FLA! :goodvibes

:wave: SOO Jealous that you are moving to Florida! :earsboy: I hope we can do that someday. Especially after the horrible freezing cold winter we had here in Western NY. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Wow you look great! :thumbsup2 My Husband had his surgery 3/30 and is down 60 lbs so far.
The cold weather is definitely the reason especially after the surgery.
Thank you. Wow that is great for him. :thumbsup2

jealous for sure.....hey scott!
Hey how have you been?

How fun! Moving to Disney!!! Following along:D
Thanks for following along.

Sounds like a fun trip. Following along! Congrats on the weight loss and moving to FLA! :goodvibes
Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter