Scott & Biff are moving to Disney, a new TR...Update 8/16 - Day 4.1

Your night pictures are great! I love the peaceful feeling of SSR at night. Those chocolate apples looked amazing! Did you ever try one? I think I'll have to get one next time we go. Yum! Good luck packing! Can't wait to see your new place!
-Lindsey

What a great day!

Looks like you got some househunting done....and Disney done.

Love the look of the food trucks. I hope I get to try them out someday.

I really liked reading about Downtown Disney (is that even what they call it anymore?) and seeing the pictures. It makes me want to go shopping. I've never thought about eating at Splitsville but after seeing your sushi and calamari I'll have to add it to the ever growing list.
it does have "Disney Springs" signs up but I call it DTD. It was a good meal and would definitely go back.

Yay for Splittsville! As you probably read, Cynthia and I had sushi there and it was SO good. I love that place. Unfortunately, Denny does not like sushi so I usually don't order it when I eat out with him. I guess that's silly since he could always get something else.

I'm looking forward to trying the food trucks.

Beautiful night time shots. I love the pics of OKW.

You know - I really need to stay at SSR. It's such a great resort and its time for me to circle back. You must be getting excited for your upcoming trip!
party: maybe you are the one that convinced me to try it. I don't remember who it was but whoever, thank you. The menu was big enough he could find something. LOL.
I do want to try them one day.
Thank you.
Love SSR. So peaceful and quiet. Yes I am. I leave next Sunday or Monday.

Congrats on the move. I just joined your fb group and look forward to reading your updates. I am just loving your review!
Thank you and welcome over there.

Another great report. Good luck on your upcoming move.
Thank you.

Your night pictures are great! I love the peaceful feeling of SSR at night. Those chocolate apples looked amazing! Did you ever try one? I think I'll have to get one next time we go. Yum! Good luck packing! Can't wait to see your new place!
-Lindsey
Thank you.
I did try one years ago and it hurt my teeth. LOL. It is worth to try.
Thank you.

What a great day!

Looks like you got some househunting done....and Disney done.

Love the look of the food trucks. I hope I get to try them out someday.
It was.
We did. A little of both.
:thumbsup2 They are a great addition.

Hi Scott. Just finding your report and subbing in. How amazing you get to move to the world (insert loads of jealousy here). The trip looks fab so far, can't wait to hear about more adventures

I have heard so many people say how good the food is at Splitsville. I will have to get over there in the future.

Day 3: Part 1

We woke up early and were on our way. Okay we didn’t make rope drop (one day I will) but we were soon at our destination. 9:06 this was taken so we just missed the show.
17510001266_998a910c32_c.jpg

Crowds here.
17509998046_582cbdd452_c.jpg

Then we saw the crowds. LOl.
16913804764_d0713c4a29_c.jpg

I took a selfie and posted on FB.
17536367715_598f904f7d_c.jpg

I also took a pic of Vinny.
17509990666_c313c31795_c.jpg

We went through the castle to get to our destination.
16916023333_b0f2cf1f64_c.jpg

11 days till I see this again. (Follow the FB link in siggie to see the pics as I go).
17350017089_57dc01b75e_c.jpg

So cute!
17348750270_3fb540aef6_c.jpg

Then we reached our destination.
17536347125_b4539ac792_c.jpg

We had a FP+ for later in the day but I wanted to see if we could get on earlier. I believe the time posted was 30 minutes but it turned out to be 40 and saved us from waiting till the afternoon to do it. Let’s go!
17509965556_c96d9a60f9_c.jpg

This was cute but the interactive parts really hold up the lines at times.
17349994519_3328008d53_c.jpg

Here is the game. Drag the diamonds.
17348536298_30d9d0d260_c.jpg

16915989793_61d98b0712_c.jpg

Just do as it says, stick your hand under the faucet and water comes out.
17348724910_7c12e1b6fb_c.jpg

Then we were entering the building.
17348519118_59c7986e19_c.jpg

Water fountain.
17349968979_0b335919fe_c.jpg

Someone left a key.
16915966993_28790041f1_c.jpg

More interactive stuff.
17509925846_80e29ec58c_c.jpg

Spin them.
17349954639_181073cd34_c.jpg

Then their images show up on the ceiling.
17536131001_d3f1b9db7e_c.jpg

We were then off to look for diamonds. I think it is a cute ride and fun. Vinny said he was squished in his seat (he got in first) but I had no issue on the outer seat. I will ride it again but I will not wait that long again. Here is the house when we got out.
17536121821_d01213b71a_c.jpg

Now that we had that done what should we do next?

Up next,

Breakfast and tomorrowland.

Hi Scott. Just finding your report and subbing in. How amazing you get to move to the world (insert loads of jealousy here). The trip looks fab so far, can't wait to hear about more adventures
:welcome:
It is pretty exciting. Thank you fro following along.

I have heard so many people say how good the food is at Splitsville. I will have to get over there in the future.
it really was. Definitely try it.

The mine ride queue looks like fun to help pass the time. Can't wait until we can ride it. Great pictures of the castle.
-Lindsey

I had no idea the queue for Mine Train was so super cute. I have only done FP and really paid no attention to the details. That just means one thing - I need to walk through the queue.

IMHO 09:05 is a perfect time to arrive at the MK - right after the crowds! :thumbsup2

Hi Scott!! Long time no see! Congrats on the move to FL! I'm actually really jealous...I can't imagine what life will be like if I got to go to WDW all the time...actually I would probably be very poor LOL. BTW, we are not in NY anymore. We moved to NJ a year and a half ago. We still like the Yankees though :)

Wow! I can't believe that the wait is down to 40 minutes. I would wait 20 minutes to ride, but no longer than that. I can't wait to see the interactive queue!

I loved seeing your pics of the interactive queue for the Mine Train! We just did the FP so we missed it. It seems like more fun than the Pooh queue.

The mine train queue looks awesome. Having only done FP for it, I had no idea what we were missing. Now with a little one in tow, not sure we'll ever brave the regular line, but its good to know there is hopefully lots to keep her entertained

i'm enjoying your style of writing your trippie.

come back soon and give us more !

Great pics of the SDMT queue, we have never seen it, and I doubt my little guy would survive the regular line without a meltdown...but I LOVED the pics. Safe travels to the newest Floridians :)

Scott is on the road and needed someone to post this:

"I am traveling and my computer broke and once I can I will update again".

Sorry been away so long. I am so far behind on others tr's. I will try to do an update soon. If you are on Facebook follow along in our adventures. CLICK HERE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter