Save the Adventurers Club

This article is from Tampa Bay Online includes a spokesman's name:
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/sep/27/me-pleasure-island-puts-party-on-hold/

and this from the Orlando forum on Topix:

"According to my friend who works for Disney they are considering adding the Adventurer's Club to the new Nightly Kingdom concept. To compete with Seaworld's highly successful high end Discovery Cove, Disney will offer an after hours park for quests willing to pay $200 plus . According to my friend, guests would check in at the new Adventure's Club before embarking on their paid adventure."

Hello Adventurers,

Here are two more addresses to add to the ever growing list of people to contact in this the "Return our Adventurers Club" Campaign!

Peter Murphy
Personal Adviser to CEO Robert Iger
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521

Roy E. Disney
Director Emeritus, The Walt Disney Company
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!​

Were not defeated yet Adventurers! According to Dani on the "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook group:

Save The Adventurers Club | Facebook
In other news, I was at Downtown Disney on Monday morning working on some nostalgic AdClub art when I was approached by two Disney Security CMs. They encouraged me to keep the petitions going and keep writing letters. I was also approached by a construction worker who's working on the large brown building next door to the Club and he spilled a few secrets about a tequilla bar going in there. Although unannounced and unconfirmed by Disney, it's going to be some sort of themed bar with a dancefloor called The Salty Rim. Hmmmm

Oh boy a tequila bar! Oh boy, a dance floor! Wait, didn't we already have places like this at Downtown Disney, but with much better theming? Oh yea, and those building still stand and can be reopened at a moments notice. On a more important note Adventurers, lets take Disney Security's advice and keep up the flow of letters and petitions and Adventure will call our names once again!

KUNGALOOSH!​

This article is from Tampa Bay Online includes a spokesman's name:
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/sep/27/me-pleasure-island-puts-party-on-hold/

and this from the Orlando forum on Topix:

"According to my friend who works for Disney they are considering adding the Adventurer's Club to the new Nightly Kingdom concept. To compete with Seaworld's highly successful high end Discovery Cove, Disney will offer an after hours park for quests willing to pay $200 plus . According to my friend, guests would check in at the new Adventure's Club before embarking on their paid adventure."

Not sure that is good news since one might have to be a $200 paying guest to simply enter. :scared1:

Just thought I'd keep this thread alive and post another Disney News article featuring the pre-construction times of Pleasure Island and remind everyone to please continue to send in letters, e-mails, phone calls, ect. to Disney Executives to let them know to "Return Our Adventurers Club". I went by there a few days ago, and it looks like it can reopen at a moments notice! Granted that is due to the conventions booked there, but if we continue to let Disney know that we want Adventure to be returned to us, Adventure may still be in our future at Pleasure Island, which is where it truly belongs.

Disney News: Winter 1986
PleasureIslandPreviewDisneyNews-Win.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!​

Dear Adventurers,

If anyone is in the Pleasure Island area tonight, I just received word that tonight, as a test of popularity, our beloved frozen concoction, the Kungaloosh will be served at one of the outdoor bars! Come buy and show your support so that it may be added back to Pleasure Islands new, and unfortunately limited drink menu. Who know, if the drink is brought back, hopefully the Adventurers Club will follow suit.

KUNGALOOSH!​

Fellow Adventurers,

New news on the "Return our Adventurers Club" front! Here is a message from the "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook Group:

Save The Adventurers Club | Facebook Heard a rumor today that there is a chance that Disney might reopen some of the clubs during the Holiday rush, if they're considering this there is more reason now than ever to send these letters. I myself just shot out 5 today. Another Hoopla (hoopla) maybe closer than we think.

Lets hope that this is true, if so, our message is finally getting through! Keep up the good work Adventurers!

KUNGALOOSH!

Fellow Adventurers,

As I was perusing the Adventurers Club Yahoo Group (Adventurers_Club : Adventurers Club) I came upon a very interesting file. For Halloween, someone, who seemed to have some time on his hands, created an Adventurers Club Logo Jack-O-Lantern and posted the template he used to carve it! I know I'm going to try my hand at it before All Hallows Eve, and here are the files in case anyone else wants to as well.

AdventurersClubAllPurposeJackOLante.jpg

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/4JYDSS5LvVSopi0M99eXukN_mbOROjzhARS4PCYMO3c28X8yeq-CpnxJZqkjLtdLx_KRk4Os4-shVAzVVyQYH-hT6S8/Adventurers%20Club%20Pumpkin/Adventurers%20Club%20All%20Purpose%20Club%20Jack%20O%20Lantern%20Tips.txt
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

With Halloween a week away, I thought that I would share with you a labor of love that I took upon myself at the beginning of this month, an Adventurers Club Jack-O-Lantern. After 5 hours of printing, tracing and cutting I finished the initial job and with the knowledge from retracing my steps, I was able to put together this easy (at least as easy as I could make it) template so that you too can carve your own Adventurers Club Jack-O-Lantern! Here are a few tips that I can give to you:

1. Purchase a craft pumpkin from Michaels (That way you will not have to cry as your hours of work wither and die over the next week, and you can display your work for years to come!)

2. Purchase a "Pumpkin Masters Carving Party Kit" from Wallmart that includes a "Super Poker" to trace the blackened areas of the template to your pumpkin.

3. Tape the template as flat as you can to the pumpkin (this may mean cutting the paper a bit, just don't cut into the design).

4. If using a craft pumpkin, make your cuts with an Exacto Knife instead of the tools that come with the Carving Party Kit, an Exacto cuts smoother and will have less chances of breaking the small detailed areas.

5. Carve from the inside of the pumpkin outward and cutting the small areas before the larger ones.

6. Take it slow and Good Luck.

AdventurersClubAllPurposeJackOLa-1.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!​

When were at the AC on 9/25/08, one of the employees had told us not one VIP Disney Exec had yet to come into the club to see how popular it really is.This was very upsetting because the place was packed! He didn't even get an offer to work somewhere else on property! Very sad.

Happy Halloween Adventurers! A friend of mine down in Florida sent me this picture of his Halloween group this year. He informed me that there have been a lot of Adventurers Club groups, as well as his own, attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this year, so its good to know that there are still devoted Adventurers out there! Who knows, if we keep the letters, e-mail, phone calls, ect. rolling into the Exec Offices, then Marcel willing, we will all be enjoying a Kungaloosh next year at this time at the Halloween Jubilee inside the Library of 5189 Hill Street!

AdventurersatTheAdventurersClub03.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!​

Fellow Adventurers,

It appears as though the Kungalooshes are making a return to the Laffer's Cantina this Saturday! On of the top "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook Group infrmants, Dani, has this to say:

Save The Adventurers Club | FacebookListen up boys and girls! It's looking like Saturday night's Kungalooshing may have media coverage, so it's time to go to work. I've been in contact with Dewayne Bevil who covered the last Pleasure Island story for the Orlando Sentinel. Rumor has it that WESH 2 News may also make an appearance that night.

Look, the executives are testing us. Last time, in a moment's notice, Adventurers showed up and emptied the margarita machine in a few hours. This time they've given us three weeks. We need to show up in droves. Bring everyone you know. Let's induct new members on the stairs. I don't care! This is such an awesome oppurtunity to show them that we plan on having this Club returned!

I, for one, plan on being present for the Balderdash Cup Competition of 1938. Who's with me?

So, if one Orlando Sentinel story heralded the closing of Pleasure Island, perhaps, if the turnout is massive enough, by this Sunday's edition we will see the headline "Due to Guest Feedback, Disney decideds to Return the Adventurers Club!"

KUNGALOOSH!​

Hello Adventurers,

Unfortunatly we currently have a slow news week, so while everyone continues to send letters, e-mail, phone calls, ect. to the Disney Executive, here is a photo of another Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party Adventurers Club Group!

OttosACGroup.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!​

Here's yet Here is yet another Mickey's Not So Scary Group. This time of all female adventurers in male character costumes!

FemaleAdventurersClub.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!​

I'm having a sad few days thinking about the AC. I find that I'm getting more and more upset as time goes on because I'm afraid that people will start to forget. As more time goes on, the experiences people shared will become a long forgotten memory.

On Christmas Eve, my future DH and I exchanged presents. He got me tons of AC items from ebay, including pins, cast photos, even a drink menu from the tables in the library! It was awesome! Such a great present and I will treasure these things forever. That night, we spend hours watching videos from the AC on youtube and laughing histerically.

Ever since then, it's all I can think about! I just don't understand! How can they look at these videos, hear everyone's opinions and still decide to close the most unique place that most people have ever been to. It's just so sad.

I have a nostalgic connection to the AC since I had been going there since I was younger. I am so grateful that I was able to have a few years of my adulthood to experience the AC too It's also the place where future DH and I celebrated our engagement. We spent a lot of time that night interacting with the characters. It was very special.

I sometimes think about this older local couple we met there a few years ago. They started talking to future DH and I about how much they love it there and go at least once a week. They knew each and ever actor by name (their real names) and were able to tell us that this one just got married and that one just had a baby. What must they be feeling right now? They were clearly retired and this was obviously such a big part of their lives.

I've heard that some of the actors have been placed in other areas around the parks but I just can't help but think that it's such a waste of talent to have them hosting American Idol. I can only hope that the reason they are holding onto them is so that when they reopen the club, they will still be on their payroll and can go right back to their rightful jobs!

Well thanks for letting me :charac2: for a while! I knew that you'd understand and feel the same way. I'll post pics of the presents soon!

Kungaloosh!

p.s. Has Joe Rhode said anything about the closing of this club? I know that he had a lot to do with the creation and decoration of it and I'd love to know what his opinion on its closing is.

Okay, I wanted to share pics of my AC presents from future DH.

These first two are of the drink menus that were on the tables in the library. I wanted to get 17 more of them and put them on the tables at our wedding but future DH said no one would get it. :confused3
108055101_2893-med.JPG
108055101_2894-med.JPG

Here are some cups. I heard they were selling them towards the end but I'm not really positive how authentic they are. Still cool, though.
108055101_2895-med.JPG

Here is an official final cast photo.
108055101_2896-med.JPG

This is cool. Apparently, at some points, Graves would come around and walk up to random people calling them by the name on a letter he was holding on his silver platter telling you that you had a message from Hathaway Browne. I think there were 4 or 6 different people and messages. This was sealed when I got it and I didn't even want to open it! Inside was a letter from Hathaway. I think it's so cool that someone took the time to type up and address these letters!!!
108055101_2897-med.JPG

108055101_2898-med.JPG

This is a membership certificate. Not sure when they were giving these out. Again, just an added awesome bonus thing that the AC did.
108055101_2899-med.JPG

Close-up! (In case you want to read it.)
108055101_2904-med.JPG

108055101_2903-med.JPG

And finally, this is the shadowbox that future DH made for me. He put in some pins he bought, Hathaway Brown's business card that he printed on-line, a schedule of events, our favorite pics from the AC and a shrunken cast photo.
108055101_2905-med.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter